You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Game Only You Love And Noone Plays and/or Everyone Hates

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #81

Laura Bow 2! I just love the 20-30's era and Art Deco. The game is beautiful. True, lacks on the plot and it is VERY grueling in that you can forget one little thing and die/walk around unable to finish it. Yet I still like it.

Come back Laura baby, you know I love ya.

Shades of Violet: Song of the Clockwork Princess - Real soon!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #82
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I love URU Ages Beyond Myst!
I'm not sure, but I think many Myst-fans were disappointed with the URU games, but it was the gate into adventure gaming for me and I'll always love it and replay it.
I also loved it and I am eagerly waiting for Myst Online to be reborn again. I had been playing adventure games for almost twenty years when I bought it, however.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #83
Stalker of Britain

Earlier, I had said I didn't mind the voices in Sanitarium and Black Mirror. Sanitarium voices are still good, but I started to replay "Black Mirror" yesterday, and the voices indeed, sucked. And I'm not head-over-heels in love with Myst 4 like everyone else is...and I like the brothers!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #84
LA-S-LE

Simon the Sorcerer 3D. It was so much fun, nearly as good as the first ones. Maybe the only game in the XXI century that follows the steps of the other classics. All the blocky graphics and glitches didn't bother me as much as many other people. The game was smart, funny and didn't take 4 hours to finish.

From the past Darkseed (the 1st one) comes to mind, while the 2nd was a disappointment. Also I enjoyed the weird game Eternam from Infogrames. Those who played it complains how illogical it is, while it's a pure parody on the adventure genre itself. Tons of references & jokes on the subjects of pixel-hunting, red herrings, dead ends etc.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:20 AM   #85
Schattenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Type View Post
Simon the Sorcerer 3D. It was so much fun, nearly as good as the first ones. Maybe the only game in the XXI century that follows the steps of the other classics. All the blocky graphics and glitches didn't bother me as much as many other people. The game was smart, funny and didn't take 4 hours to finish.
I´m with you. I loved Simon 3D and didn´t mind the bugs also.
One game on this list for me is Still Life 2 which i´m loving and everyone seems to hate it!

" I Can´t use these two Things Together"

Playing: Myst 4, So Blond, Memento Mori

Next in Line: The Black Mirror, Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

Just Finished: Alter Ego, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life, Secret Files 2
Old 06-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #86
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno_Malta View Post
One game on this list for me is Still Life 2 which i´m loving and everyone seems to hate it!
Oh good! I've just ordered it and I so want to like it too.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #87
Schattenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Oh good! I've just ordered it and I so want to like it too.
The game is very good. Nice puzzles,awesome plot and a excelent sense of suspense. There are a few bugs but they didn´t bother me. Let me know latter what you tought of it.

" I Can´t use these two Things Together"

Playing: Myst 4, So Blond, Memento Mori

Next in Line: The Black Mirror, Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

Just Finished: Alter Ego, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life, Secret Files 2
Old 06-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #88
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Earlier, I had said I didn't mind the voices in Sanitarium and Black Mirror. Sanitarium voices are still good, but I started to replay "Black Mirror" yesterday, and the voices indeed, sucked. And I'm not head-over-heels in love with Myst 4 like everyone else is...and I like the brothers!
I found Sirrus a pretty creepy guy. Treating his sister like that.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #89

Seems many people thought Scratches was a huge red herring and were disappointed by the ending, but I loved it.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 06-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #90
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Hey, I just started playing Revelation! lol *plugs ears* Sirrus is my favorite character, but really, what I've heard about Revelation makes me angry. The whole thing about the first Myst game was that both the brothers were guilty! I mean, I like the idea of them being remorseful, but why they chose one of the brothers and not the other makes me sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
Seems many people thought Scratches was a huge red herring and were disappointed by the ending, but I loved it.
I wasn't too thrilled with "Scratches", but I liked it enough.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #91
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaneas297 View Post
I liked Chronomaster a lot though everyone else hated it
I thought Chronomaster was interesting (although it was ages since I played it). I remember that you walked through some famous paintings and you could walk on the roof (upside down that is) while something green started growing from your head. I wouldn't say it's one of the best games I ever played but it's definitely fun. Now that I think about it I should really replay it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena View Post
I love the Kyrandia Series,especially "The Hand of Fate".I love the humor,the main character,Zanthia,she's witty,funny and she's a girl of action not words.
I got Hand Of Fate but I haven't come around to play it yet (got it from a friend who wanted to get rid of his old games). Now it's on my list.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #92
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Quote:
Hey, I just started playing Revelation! lol *plugs ears* Sirrus is my favorite character, but really, what I've heard about Revelation makes me angry. The whole thing about the first Myst game was that both the brothers were guilty! I mean, I like the idea of them being remorseful, but why they chose one of the brothers and not the other makes me sad.
What can I say to this without revealing too much? Achenar wasn't a very nice guy either. You'll find out.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #93
Senior *female* member

Quote:
what I've heard about Revelation makes me angry. [...] I like the idea of them being remorseful, but why they chose one of the brothers and not the other makes me sad.
Angry and sad? You're judging on the basis of hearsay. It's much more complicated and subtle than that. But since you're actually playing the game, why not consider what a wonderfully cruel father Atrus must be to conjure up this icy, desolate prison to put Sirrus in. Achenar's prison is much better for the heart.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:54 AM   #94
The Quiet One

My guilty pleasure would be Simon the Sorcerer 3D. I don't think it's a good game, just... alright. I enjoyed playing it when it first came out and i even went out of my way to update my RAM so it wouldn't keep stuttering.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-01-2009, 05:31 AM   #95

Add me to the list of people that enjoyed Simon3D very much.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:12 AM   #96
tsa
Playing character

Pleurghburg: Dark Ages was a game that I had a lot of fun with. I know at least one person who can't play it 'because of the bad graphics.' But I'm so old, when I started adventuring we didn't have graphics, so I didn't mind them.