You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Game Only You Love And Noone Plays and/or Everyone Hates

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #61
Stalker of Britain

He was actually my favorite character in that game. I absolutely loved him, and what happened with him at the end!! I love him. There are a lot of features I like/don't mind that other people hate, like besides the ones I listed below, also the voices in "Sanitarium" and "Black Mirror", etc. And I must be one of the very few people who love 1st person games. Everyone seems to love 3rd person and be anti-1st person. But I love reading documents, etc.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #62
Game Creator Hobbyist

I'm with you on Sanitarium. I've heard people say that they got very annoyed with the main character's voice acting, but I thought it was perfect.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzosports View Post
The X-Files game. The old FMV one. I played it through it in one night without sleeping (only one other game did that for me and it rhymes with Hist), and I thought it might be the best game in the history of games. I called my friends the next day to tell them all about it. I couldn't get them in it, Gamespot gave it like a 2.5 score, and it was a disastrous commercial failure. I've never met anyone who's played it other than me. I promise you it was a great, great game.

* I should mention I'm an unrepentant X-Files fan.
Well, I'm also an unrepentant X-Files fan . I love that game, and is one that I tend to replay from time to time. Never get bored of it. I supposed having the actors from the series help to make it more replayable. So bad you can't play it still.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #64

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

Did anyone here ever play old Activision game "Spycraft", it wasn't quite an adventure or an RPG, but a sort of hybrid Adventure/RPG/Strategy/Puzzle.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #65

I liked Chronomaster a lot though everyone else hated it
Old 06-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #66
I changed my title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
Did anyone here ever play old Activision game "Spycraft", it wasn't quite an adventure or an RPG, but a sort of hybrid Adventure/RPG/Strategy/Puzzle.
Spycraft had some of my favourite puzzles ever. Comparing voices, faking pictures, finding a person's location through an audio recording - all brilliant!
Old 06-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #67
Sik

Leisure Suit Larry 4: The Case of the Missing Floppies was the first game that came to mind. :p

There are a few games I loved that few people have played, and/or many hated... like Dreamweb and Chronomaster, but there are fans of all of them. I don't think many would agree with me when I say Space Quest 6 is the best of the series, but it certainly wasn't hated. I do love a lot of puzzles that "everyone" hates, though. Moustache puzzle in GK3, cat/phone puzzle in Tunguska, troll caves in Dreamfall and cookie puzzle in Still Life to name a few.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:18 AM   #68

I adored X-Files game. I was a huge fan and got this game from my friend as a gift. Don't know where he got it he wouldn't tell me. But there was something wrong with my version of the game though. I could not finish it. I had to throw Scully the stiletto at the end of the game and when I used the stiletto on Scully nothing happened. I clicked and clicked. Stilleto was still in my hand and Scully was still looking at me expectantly. I think it was some pirate version of the game...
I like The Blackstone Chronicles too. One of my favourite. It was called The Blackstone Сastle in Russia and this game had a very good russian audio translation.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:51 AM   #69

I love the Kyrandia Series,especially "The Hand of Fate".I love the humor,the main character,Zanthia,she's witty,funny and she's a girl of action not words.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:29 AM   #70
It's Hard To Be Humble

Several people mentioned Black Dahlia. I agree that it's more of an underground hit than might seem obvious from lurking fave AG threads. I personally loved it. It's perhaps my favourite FMV game of all time (yes, surpassing GK3 for me, too. Sorry.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondancer View Post
Anyway, my contribution to the thread would be: Keepsake.
I loved this game, and yeah, the annoying voice acting bothered me, but it was minimal, so I shrugged it off. Beautiful game. I should reload it sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Well, for me it has to be "Blackstone Chronicles".
I haven't seen this game in ages, but I remember playing it with my friend Wendy, and we definitely liked it. I don't think I ever got to see the ending though. I should track that game down. Wonder if it still runs.

And I should add something to the pile. No one has mentioned Shivers in this thread so far, but it was a Sierra game, so it's bound to have its adherents. I was just so amazed by it because it was the first really creepy AG I ever played and truly enjoyed.

I also offer you Obsidian. I thought this was a brilliant little game, and I've played through it a couple of times now. Unlike The Last Express or the Journeyman Project games, I've seen very few people mention it though.

And finally, perhaps the only game that crossed the line between CGI and FMV that I really thought worked back then, Temujin. I thought it was an excellent game. I only wish the screen wasn't half taken up by the (admittedly very cool looking) interface. I think it would be a brilliant game to revisit some day with modern graphics and resolution. I don't hear too many people comment about it though, so I kind of think of it as being a somewhat obscure classic.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #71

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

Am I the only one that liked Rex Nebular despite the sprite characters.

Blade Runner seemed like a bit of an underground bit, partially because it could be system intensive when it first came out. I remember literally cursing whenever the Spinner landed as it took ages. The still backgrounds and animations looked and performed okay.

However many times I've played it I'm still sure I've not seen all the endings.

Return of the Phantom was potentially a good game, if the maze section hadn't been in it and the investigative adventure section had been longer.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #72
Sky is not the limit

Send a message via ICQ to Zanthia Send a message via Yahoo to Zanthia

Simon the Sorcerer 3d
A lot of people don't like this game for graphics and controls. I think it has nice puzzles and graphics you can get used to.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #73
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
And I should add something to the pile. No one has mentioned Shivers in this thread so far, but it was a Sierra game, so it's bound to have its adherents. I was just so amazed by it because it was the first really creepy AG I ever played and truly enjoyed.
I've really only heard positive things about this game, whcih seems to be right down my alley of the type of game I'd like.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #74
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I'm probably of the few who actually liked Koala Lumpur: Journey to the Edge. It had wacky, twisted humour and some clever puzzles, but the way it was marketed in North America (box art of a koala run over by a truck on a desert road ) made it look like a silly kid's game.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:20 AM   #75
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanthia View Post
Simon the Sorcerer 3d
A lot of people don't like this game for graphics and controls. I think it has nice puzzles and graphics you can get used to.
Well, it's at least a better game than the two games before it.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #76
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
Well, it's at least a better game than the two games before it.
Wha...!?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #77

I loved Shivers.

bwaahaahaaa
Old 06-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #78
Lazy Bee

I love URU Ages Beyond Myst!
I'm not sure, but I think many Myst-fans were disappointed with the URU games, but it was the gate into adventure gaming for me and I'll always love it and replay it.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #79
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I love URU Ages Beyond Myst!
I'm in the middle of playing this, and I don't mind it as much, although I agree with you, most Myst fans were disappointed in it. I like it, although I'm stuck in it because I missed one of Yeesha's speeches, and I can't get her to repeat it.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #80

Send a message via MSN to tobacos

Les Manley:Search for the king
its one game i adore and i know most ppl never
heard of it or never played it,
it was by Accolade back then after sierra's Larry3 was released
it was a smash for me i loved the atmosphere where you at your
working office you can go to the circus and meet (helemt!!) or you can do an interview with a star or even fly to las vegas!
i wish they have made a remake,,the 2nd part was really disappointing though