You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Game Only You Love And Noone Plays and/or Everyone Hates

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2009, 08:33 AM   #21

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
Yeah, it's one of my favorites as well. It is certainly much more loved by todays critics than Dreamweb - another classic in my opinion.

Also, Azrael's Tear is a brilliant game (and with great reviews) that unfortunately is very hard to come by, so not many people know it.
I liked Dreamweb, but the problem I had with it was the last target was in an area with drum music which drowned out his dialogue. I never knew what he was saying.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #22
"But... It's Pink."

I'm really quite partial to Pathologic, despite the fact that it's so incredibly baffling and poorly translated that I need a walkthrough for every single minute of the game. There's just something about the whole experience that captivates me - the atmosphere is wonderfully morbid, horrific and sinister and I get delicious chills down the spine when I play it.
In any case, despite its numerous faults, I do love what the developers tried to do with Pathologic - I haven't played anything before, or since, with the same feel.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #23

yes Stormlord (from Hewson) for PC. The game is really bad but I play it from time to time coz of nostalgia.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #24

Escape From Monkey Island
Old 05-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #25

I actually like Leather Godesses of Phobos 2, love even the first part in the town (it's downhill after that, admittedly).
I read so many opinions about this game and except for one the gist was always that it's really bad and a disgrace to the first part.
Well, I don't know, I never played the original, but I had loads of fun with the second installment, it was atmospheric and funny!

So, I never understood what's so supposedly bad about it. Well, like I mentioned, the second half sucks indeed because you have nothing to do, the story just falls on you and you play no part anymore in moving it along, but that doesn't make it truly awful!
Actually, now that I think about it, Dreamfall has the same problem...
Old 05-30-2009, 05:41 AM   #26

Hmm I've been thinking but I can't really think of an Adventure game that fits so I'll have to cheat and say Ultima 9: Ascension. Everyone hates it I think mainly because of how incredibly buggy and nearly unplayable it was but I was just totally drawn in by the atmosphere and music and graphics. I must have played through it at least 4 times. I always encountered bugs but I always figured out a way around em. It's still one of my favorite games.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:16 AM   #27

I liked the concept of Bloodnet, but hated the awkward combat system.

One game I liked that seemed to get panned by magazine reviews was Rex Nebular, but I don't know how the Adventure Gamer community saw it as a whole.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #28

Send a message via MSN to Cellardoor

I wouldn't be able to name a single game... But, in keeping with the spirit of this thread, I do seem to be the only one that thinks GK3's cat hair-moustache puzzle was actually pretty good.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:01 AM   #29
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellardoor View Post
I wouldn't be able to name a single game... But, in keeping with the spirit of this thread, I do seem to be the only one that thinks GK3's cat hair-moustache puzzle was actually pretty good.
You're not the only one. I was sorely missing fun and challenging inventory puzzles like this one during the rest of the game.

Last edited by Ascovel; 05-30-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellardoor View Post
That was almost as elite as Secret Files' ninja cell phone kitten lol
Old 05-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #31

I really loved the game Largo Winch: Empire under Threat and I don't think I've ever met anyone here or on any other adventure forum who shares this sentiment. Sure, it suffered from being primarily developed for consoles and thereby had some limitations, but it nevertheless was one of those rare games that I simply couldn't stop playing until I had reached the end.

Torin's Passage and Phantasmagoria 2 are two other games that I enjoyed tremendously, but rarely make it to many other people's 'best of' lists.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:13 AM   #32
Headbanger

I seem to be one of the few (if not the only one) who thought that Hopkins FBI was a fun game.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:50 AM   #33
Adventure Game Veteran

I'm not 100% but I get the impression that a lot of people dislike Broken Sword 2 whereas myself thought it was great, my first adventure game after all on PS1
Old 05-31-2009, 05:14 AM   #34
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blogga View Post
I'm not 100% but I get the impression that a lot of people dislike Broken Sword 2 whereas myself thought it was great, my first adventure game after all on PS1
Broken Sword 2 is an outstanding game. A fact which is acknowledged by all reasonable people .
Old 05-31-2009, 05:57 AM   #35
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimli View Post
I really loved the game Largo Winch: Empire under Threat and I don't think I've ever met anyone here or on any other adventure forum who shares this sentiment.

Torin's Passage and Phantasmagoria 2 are two other games that I enjoyed tremendously, but rarely make it to many other people's 'best of' lists.
I liked Largo Winch. Not a great game, but enjoyable. It has the feel of a decent action movie. (While having adventure game gameplay.)

Torin's Passage is a game I enjoyed a lot. (But I don't think I'll ever play the "Phantasmagoria-boria" games.)
Old 05-31-2009, 08:03 AM   #36

I only ever briefly had Torin's Passage, but my PC at the time was temperamental on certain games. It would crash for no discernible reason, for instance I remember trying about 8 copies of IndyCar Racing which all had the same problem, thereby eliminating the possibility of a faulty disc.

So although I played a brief part of Torins Passage it struck me as decent I never got enough time out of it.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:13 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsFree View Post
Apart from the weird finale, I really enjoyed Mystery of the Druids. Think I'm the only one though.
My vote would go to Mystery of the Druids too.
At least I enjoyed it when I played it back when it was released.
So I guess that makes two of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwapitm View Post
Escape From Monkey Island
I didn't think it was that bad.
Compared to its predecessors it was a disappointment, but on its own it wasn't that bad.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:39 PM   #38
UnseenUniversity Graduate

I liked Escape from Monkey Island.... When I first got it I was so happy there was another Monkey Island game to play!
Old 05-31-2009, 04:53 PM   #39
Senior *female* member

Doesn't it look intriguing? Underrated doesn't begin to describe Isabelle.
I'm not the only one on the Internet who found Isabelle worth the considerable effort, there's actually two of us! We should start a fan club.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:48 PM   #40
Headbanger

I don't consider Escape From Monkey Island as "hated". It's not commonly praised as the best gamer ever by most but still not hated and I don't remember that it recieved terrible reviews when it was released either.

I think it's a great game although weakest in the series.