You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Beneath a Steel Sky 2 announced

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 10:14 AM   #1

Default Good News Everybody! - Revolutions next game!

Hi all,

As my first post I thought I`d bring some good news!!
Revolution have announced Beneath a Steel Sky 2

I Sh*t you not!!

Go look at

www.computerandvideogames.com in the news section

Enjoy

The Gaffer

(PS I hope no one has posted this before!)
Old 03-15-2004, 10:21 AM   #2

That is quite possibly the most confusing site on the net...

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to BASS2 greatly, though I can't help but feel a little disappointed because I was hoping for an original title. Oh, well. I'm sure it will be great.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:21 AM   #3
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

I am surprised to the extreme.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 03-15-2004, 10:23 AM   #4
guybrush_guy

cool, the link does'nt work thoe. can someone post the official press release. i dont beleave anything untill i see the offical press release

Old 03-15-2004, 10:25 AM   #5

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: BROKEN SWORD DEVELOPER IN SHOCK ADVENTURE REVIVAL

Beneath a Steel Sky 2 in development at Revolution Software, confirms company boss Charles Cecil

17:59 Classic PC point 'n' click adventure Beneath a Steel Sky has been plucked from the archives for a brand new instalment from UK developer Revolution, we can exclusively reveal.
Revolution, best known for its highly respected and successful Broken Sword series, registered the url www.steel-sky2.com on March 4, 2004 (see here for details) and Revolution MD Charles Cecil today confirmed with us that pre-production on the title had indeed begun.

"Beneath a Steel Sky is a game that is still widely respected and we are
regularly asked when we will write the sequel," Cecil told us. "Beneath A Steel Sky 2 is a project Revolution has been considering for a while, and has stated to move forward on, but we are unable to comment beyond this."

The game is believed to be at a very early stage in development, and it's unclear as to when we'll see something more concrete, although it is expected to hit PC and next-gen consoles in line with the company's current platform stance.

However, with Revolution's most recent project, Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon, going down a storm with adventure junkies, the revelation of a brand new instalment of a classic name is just cause for celebration.

We'll bring you more information as soon as we have it.

Johnny Minkley
There you go.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:25 AM   #6
Antibacterial

Send a message via MSN to RemiO

Full URL: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=102457

Quote:
"Beneath a Steel Sky is a game that is still widely respected and we are
regularly asked when we will write the sequel," Cecil told us. "Beneath A Steel Sky 2 is a project Revolution has been considering for a while, and has stated to move forward on, but we are unable to comment beyond this."

The game is believed to be at a very early stage in development, and it's unclear as to when we'll see something more concrete, although it is expected to hit PC and next-gen consoles in line with the company's current platform stance.

However, with Revolution's most recent project, Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon, going down a storm with adventure junkies, the revelation of a brand new instalment of a classic name is just cause for celebration.
Cool...

Edit Damn you Moos >:
Old 03-15-2004, 10:27 AM   #7
merely human

Here's the precise link to the article and, wot the hell, the article itself:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=102457
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 03-15-2004 at 10:34 AM. Reason: The Moos and the Rem c&p'ed the story
Old 03-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #8

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEA!!! That's a great game with an incredibly crappy ending. Hopefully the sequel will solve that. And if its good enough it may just make up for the loss of Sam & Max 2......(sob) Sometimes I still think that it's coming back....
Old 03-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #9

Yes! That's great! BASS is my favorite Revolution computer game.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #10
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Nice. Its pretty extreme that BASS 1 is free, too. I guess that move was more calculated than we thought

this is totally the shot to the arm that AG needed right now, what with the only other interesting exciting game getting deleted by the publisher. asses.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens

Last edited by Jake; 03-15-2004 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:30 AM   #11

Are you going to damn me or RemiO, Interpid?
Old 03-15-2004, 10:31 AM   #12
Irritant F0rum Beasty

This is about to become the most swamped thread since the Sam and Max ones on the day it was canned.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:32 AM   #13
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Well, Rev, I'm counting on you to fill the void left by Sam and Max 2. I wouldn't entrust it to anyone else in the industry.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 03-15-2004, 10:32 AM   #14
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Holy crap. This is good news. This is really really good news.

Incidentally, we were going to feature the original BASS on the site this week. Nice timing, guys
Old 03-15-2004, 10:33 AM   #15
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosferatu
Are you going to damn me or RemiO, Interpid?
O my! Actually nobody be damned. I'll just delete the quoted story in my post and leave the link as evidence.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-15-2004, 10:34 AM   #16

You're all welcome

The Gaffer
Old 03-15-2004, 10:37 AM   #17
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
...we were going to feature the original BASS on the site this week. Nice timing, guys
Old 03-15-2004, 10:38 AM   #18
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Good news indeed, so maybe i'll finally get around to play through the first one. Somehow i always get around to play it, but then get stuck in very begining. Time to dive into it more thoroughly.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:39 AM   #19

I can't wait to see some screenshots. My mind is going wild envisioning its 3d transformation. The original reeked of atmosphere. Seeing it in 3d with awesome lighting and the what not like in BS3 will be great.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:43 AM   #20
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosferatu
I can't wait to see some screenshots. My mind is going wild envisioning its 3d transformation. The original reeked of atmosphere. Seeing it in 3d with awesome lighting and the what not like in BS3 will be great.
It's going to be harder to translate into 3D than BS3, what with the futuristic environments and such. God, I hope they leave out the boxes this time.