You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
J.H
Frak.

Default Ritter?

Just saw this as a recommended video for me on youtube.

Ritter Trailer

Looks good but I've never even heard about it. Anyone got any info as I can't read German lol?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I barely understand the basic premise of the plot, but... if Udo Kier is in there I want it!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 05-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #3

1 1/2 Ritter (translated: one and a half knights) is a commercial adventure from Daedalic Entertainment (Whispered World, A New Beginnung), based on the German movie of the same name. Warner Bros. Interactive released it here last december.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
J.H
Frak.

Ahhhh thanks. Daedalic are really the top guys for adventure games at the moment. Is the game any good?
Old 05-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #5

The game is actually not that bad; got it for christmas and enjoyed it even though the German voices are not always what you might want to call inspired - but hey, Til Schweiger is not the greatest actor around and he did a decent job. The graphics are quite nice to look at, the humour is quite funny at points. Some people even claim the game is better than the movie (which I haven't seen) For a movie tie-in, I think the game is a lot better than I expected.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #6

yes, basically for a movie tie in (of a really dumb movie) its very good. basically, any other company would have made a total mess of it. due to it being Daedalic its pretty decent, and could even pass as a good standalone adventure.

personally i think its a bit early to pronounce Daedalic as the gods of adventure games (based purely on Edna bricht aus) but they are well on their way. im eagerly awaiting "the whispered world" which is released in 2 weeks here in Germany. im assuming it will be very good, and then yes, they are the current adventure gods.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #7
Senior *female* member

I played the demo and liked it. Haven't bought it, but I may do so later. I'm really looking forward to Whispered World too, if only because Edna bricht aus was such a great game.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
J.H
Frak.

Yeah I can't wait for the whispered world. It probably won't be out in english until next year though