You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #1

Default LSL love for sail

There wasnt a topic on this game so I decided to make it. In my opinion this had got to be the best Larry game that was made. Plus the voice of Larry was just amazing if you ask me. Its a shame they couldnt make BOB like this....

What do u think of Love for sail?
Old 05-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalGagBonkers View Post
There wasnt a topic on this game so I decided to make it. In my opinion this had got to be the best Larry game that was made. Plus the voice of Larry was just amazing if you ask me. Its a shame they couldnt make BOB like this....

What do u think of Love for sail?
Speaking of voices, whenever I hear Jan Rabson's voice in movies and cartoons I always yell out "that's Larry!". It was such a fitting character voice.

As for Love For Sail, it is really an incredible game. Al Lowe had gotten into the knack of what makes a Larry game good and he began to focus and experiment on other elements such as interface and his dream of an adventure game where the computer takes your face, voice, details and gets you involved (even in 1996, that was still a pretty big step forward). I will argue that while Love For Sail is a complete package and a very polished production I do think that Shape Up Or Slip Out CD had more lols and was a stronger game when you get down to the adventure side of it - but Love For Sail is a pure delight, everything a fan would want plus a crazy amount of other goodies. Ctrl + P for psychadelic mode.