You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Secret Files 2: First Impressions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 06:21 AM   #1

Default Secret Files 2: First Impressions

Hey guys.
I purchased Secret Files 2 today from GamersGate. After installing and playing through the first chapter, I am enjoying the experience. After loving the first Secret Files game, I expected much from the second chapter. So far I have not been disappointed, but will post later after more gameplay. Anyone else also enjoying it???
Old 05-11-2009, 06:46 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Seakash, I changed the title of your thread so that this thread can become the place for everyone willing to discuss the recently released Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 05-11-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
Irritant F0rum Beasty

I got the DS version for ÂŁ12.95 at Amazon UK. Not really my idea of top quality adventure gaming but at the moment I'll take any DS adventure I can get my hands on so this seems to be a winner. The first on the DS was a nice solid conversion and this seems like much the same, although I have to ask - from a story perspective did anyone else have a bit of a problem with...
Spoiler:
the special ops guys that talk like street thugs?
...seemed awfully out of place to me.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to Mayboy

I've just got home with this in my hand! Does it follow on from the first game or not? As if so I need to play that first.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #5

I'd love to play Secret Files 2 on my DS! I'm playing the demo of the PC version and it is quite good and 5 hours long!

Both PC and DS versions are supposed to be released in the US by the end of the year.

My last DS game - Broken Sword DC - was very good!!!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayboy View Post
I've just got home with this in my hand! Does it follow on from the first game or not? As if so I need to play that first.
You can just play a SF2, but its worth to play SF1 first to get to know Nina and Max. Its not necessary though Just did it myself
Old 05-13-2009, 12:55 AM   #7

Quote:
~~ Mayboy ~~... oin Date: Sep 2003
Absolutely no need !
The story and game have no real connection to that of SF-1
There are maybe 3 or 4 innocuous references to the previous game but they are of no importance whatsoever.

The only things really in common are the main 2 characters of whom the primary one 'Nina' was even changed from the original since many people criticized her voice.
I can't remember if the 2ndary character 'Max is even the same one as previously.
I beta tested the 2nd (latest) game but had nothing to do with the first except that I enjoyed playing it !
Old 05-13-2009, 03:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Green View Post
'Nina' was even changed from the original since many people criticized her voice.
This is perhaps good news, but I'm not shure the voice actor's talent was the main problem in the first game. It may have had just as much to do with poor directing and definitely with the really lousy dialouge (which in turn was probably the result of a sloppy translation into English). Quite enjoyed SF1 though, and the Wii version of the second game is on its way to my house!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #9
3rd person fanatic :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Green View Post
'Nina' was even changed from the original since many people criticized her voice.
Yes. her voice wasn't the best possible in Tunguska, but this time, it's truly apalling. Sometimes in the demo, she sounded like a 50 years old fortune teller. She was criticized about her too teeny voice, (my opinion is that it fits her very well) and now she doesn't sound anything she looks like. I have said this before, and I say it still: Voice actors should not be changed. Never. Howerer horrible they are, the can always get worse. And unfortunately they usually do.

Last edited by MoonBird; 05-13-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #10
Dreamfall Soon!

I really liked this game. A lot better than Tunguska which I thought was ok.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #11

Hi there.
I am trying to get this game for a long time.
But the only platform I find for this game is the Wii. console...
How can I get this game?
[Well exept buying it from the I-net.]
I really want to play it...
Old 05-22-2009, 08:53 AM   #12

Just finished this today. Overall, I enjoyed it a fair bit, despite the constant failed (and poorly translated) attempts at humor, the stupid story and the many idiotic Runaway-style puzzles (i.e. overly complicated solutions that wouldn't work in real life). I liked the sense of adventure and the fact that even though the puzzles were mostly very, very stupid, they did have a sense of logic to them, and could usually be solved with some perseverance.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #13

Just finished it. It's a very good game with nice graphics and logical puzzles. The story is interesting as well. The only thing that annoyed me a little was that you constantly needed to "change" between Nina and Max playable character near the end of the game. Overall a very good game.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
I have said this before, and I say it still: Voice actors should not be changed. Never. Howerer horrible they are, the can always get worse.
Have you played Vampyre Story?
Old 05-26-2009, 06:10 AM   #15
Raz Mataz

Send a message via MSN to Raz Mataz
Default Brilliant Adventure

Awesome Game, loved it! Wonder if they have any ideas for Secret Files 3! Can't wait!
Old 05-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #16
Adventure Dude =]

Game is alright so far. The voice acting for many of the characters at least in the English version are just awful and everything is pretty easy so far, but I have a ways to go still. It's not bad though.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #17

Just started playing. I must agree with previous posters about Nina's voice acting, it's pretty bad. I'm one of those people that wasn't annoyed that much with her voice in the first game. It fitted her character much better. Now she sounds like a TV news anchor... boring and emotionless. It's too bad cause in most technical aspects the game is pretty nice. The writing so far is nothing amazing, just bearable and even though I'm still at the beginning I'm pretty sure that won't change. The first game was somewhat enjoyable so I'm hoping at least the same for this one.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #18
Raz Mataz

Send a message via MSN to Raz Mataz
Default Just finished Secret Files 2 and....

(i) Does it keep up to your expectations as a sequel?

Of course, I enjoyed every minute of it! Even though Nina's voice was changed, I still felt that the game play had a certain similarity to that of the first game.

(ii) Can we expect that there could be another sequel in the making?

Oh well, I don't know, Maybe...Why not! Well, both the stories so far have been on entirely different subjects, so why not believe that the third adventure could offer Nina and Max with a new challenge!
Old 05-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #19

Just reached Paris and really enjoying this.. Has got me back in the genre so thats a good thing..
Old 05-29-2009, 01:11 AM   #20

Just finished it..

I liked the story and the design..
Nina is the stronger character Max just seems wet and annoying.
Puzzle level seemed pitched quite well though one or two things seemed totally random and were found by simply dragging every object onto everything through trial and error.
Some of the English voices are a little poor..
Some locations arer really well designed and beautifully rendered but others seem a little poorer in quality which gives an imbalanced feel at times.
I felt a little short changed towards the end with cut scenes eg.. Important scenechanges at the end were just none existent..

But overall I really enjoyed it.. I personally just wish they had gone a little darker.