You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Secret of Monkey Island cover-art half-sleeve! (in progress)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 02:21 AM   #21

FINALLY got the next stage done.. the front of the tattoo is basically completed now. The rad looking piratey skull was added about two days after ToMI came out!

Note the extra detail added to the Giant Monkey Head. ^_^

Next session is August 15th.. should be the final one!
Old 07-12-2009, 03:47 AM   #22
The Quiet One

Sweet. How many sessions have you had so far? I bet this has/will cost a bomb.

I'm still waiting for my first tat to completely heal. Should be ready in another 2 weeks and then i'll go back for a touch-up.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #23

That's dedication.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 07-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #24
GoT

Send a message via MSN to GoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy_musick View Post
saw this on the monkey island fans facebook page so I had to share my own inking project :3

Completely vintage adventure game inspired, only 9 hours in so far, plenty more to go before me and the artist even begin thinking about the background (though we have some ideas)

Navigator Head from MI

Manny from Grim Fandango

Cave Fish gang member from Full Throttle

Murray from CoMI

2 Headed Squirrel from Zak McKraken

Secretly, I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one nerdy enough to get a point n click adventure tattoo series XD Absolutely loving the boxart project and the yellow Murray!
THESE are awesome!! But AskmeaboutLoom yours is clearly the NUMBER 1. The box of that front cover is just absolutely awesome. I recently bought (off the lucasarts website) one of the posters of that box (remastered). I still think yours is better tho

awesome awesome awesome stuff!!

GoT
Old 07-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Sweet. How many sessions have you had so far? I bet this has/will cost a bomb.

I'm still waiting for my first tat to completely heal. Should be ready in another 2 weeks and then i'll go back for a touch-up.
That was the third session! The gory details of it are.. all up AROUND seven hours in the chair and $1000AU. Have about two or three hours to go (LeChuck's ship on my inner bicep... going to be the most excruciating pain I've ever felt!)

All the other tattoo's posted in this thread rule also!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:38 AM   #26

those are all really cool. but the mi1 cover one is reaaally good. its looks so close to the original, the guy must be a good artist. he did an amazing job on the big skull
Old 07-13-2009, 04:06 AM   #27
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskMeAboutLoom View Post
That was the third session! The gory details of it are.. all up AROUND seven hours in the chair and $1000AU. Have about two or three hours to go (LeChuck's ship on my inner bicep... going to be the most excruciating pain I've ever felt!)
*Whistles* Seven hours in the chair!? I bet your backside was numb after that. $1000AU, eh? I think that would be roughly £480 over here.

For me at least, the pain of the needle isn't that much of a concern (although i can imagine how sore it'll be if it's being worked on for that long). It's the itching afterwards that's unbearable. Suffering the itching, and not being able to scratch it, with mine was bad enough. But i can imagine how bad it was/is with yours considering how big it is. I bet you were seething afterwards, eh?

Anyway, your tattooist is one heck of an artist.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-13-2009, 04:28 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
*Whistles* Seven hours in the chair!? I bet your backside was numb after that. $1000AU, eh? I think that would be roughly £480 over here.

For me at least, the pain of the needle isn't that much of a concern (although i can imagine how sore it'll be if it's being worked on for that long). It's the itching afterwards that's unbearable. Suffering the itching, and not being able to scratch it, with mine was bad enough. But i can imagine how bad it was/is with yours considering how big it is. I bet you were seething afterwards, eh?

Anyway, your tattooist is one heck of an artist.
I was craving a cigarette at the end of each session, to say the least, heh.

But the pain is okay! I kind of enjoy it ^_^

It's just starting to peel now... in a few days I'm going to be in that same position! And it's an itchy position!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:55 AM   #29

This is really great, do you have final pictures of the tattoo?
Old 06-27-2011, 05:58 AM   #30

The tattoo is amazing!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #31

Wow lol, talk about back from the dead...

Glad I saw this though, that tattoo's ASTONISHING!!!!

"He's the small boy that you have to give the ball to in order to retrieve the toilet brush from the kebab seller."

stepurhan -

"Only in an adventure gaming forum would you see a sentence like this. "
Old 06-28-2011, 01:52 AM   #32
Senior Automaton

You know what you need to get next, don't you?