You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Anyone familiar with WB's Arcane Online Game?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #1

Default Anyone familiar with WB's Arcane Online Game?

I was wondering if anyone familiar with this could clarify some things for me. If you are running NoScript in Firefox and do not allow WB's site to run scripts you get a mostly text only page that that mentions Arcane 2 (Season 2). When you let scripts run the website shows only as Arcane Online Mystery Serial: The Stone Circle. There are 8 episodes to play, but no mention as to whether this is season 1 or 2 of the game. The game seems to literally start in the middle of things and episode 1 references events that I'm unfamiliar with...so is The Stone Circle the 2nd "season" of this game? Or the first, and the player feeling at a loss is merely part of the chosen storytelling device? And if there is a seperate 1st season, where do I find it?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #2

Default The Miller Estate

Season 1 is a 4-episode set called "Arcane: The Miller Estate", which is referenced in the Recap. It's a doozy to find but I have played it a couple years ago, I remember at one point finding a link where I had to download them to my computer from some random website in order to play them properly. I might still have the flash files somewhere in my archives, but I doubt it.

Season 2 is The Stone Circle, which is available on the WB website.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:40 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Oddly there's almost no info about this game...no article here on adventuregamers...no wikipedia page...mostly just brief references on various Lovecraft forums. Anyone know where/how I can access the first "season" of the game?
Old 05-24-2009, 04:28 AM   #4

No thoughts on how I can play Season 1? Anyone?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #5

Hey, I don't know if you still care as this is an old thread, but Arcane Season 1 is fairly easy to find just by googling "Arcane The Miller Estate". That said, probably the most complete site to play them is http://slegg.pri.ee/games/arcane1, where you can view the original menu for the game and prologue. Also, episodes 3 and 4 are supposed to have intros, which can be found here:
http://web.archive.org/web/200407311...SODE3INTRO.swf
http://web.archive.org/web/200407311...SODE4INTRO.swf