You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure games that deserve a sequel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2009, 05:32 PM   #1

Default Adventure games that deserve a sequel

I looked for a topic like this but no topic like this one was found/seen on the site. I noticed that alot of people on youtube are begging for a few things like a sequel to this and that. I know there WERE sequels to some games in development but they were shut down...

Normally a sequel isnt that good{setting out an exmaple most of the DTV movies from Disney} but however some titles deserve it...So what adventure games do u think deserve a sequel? In my opinion these are the games that deserve a sequel

Stay tooned
Toonstuck
Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis
and

FULL THROTTLE{I know alot of people are begging for this one}
Old 04-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #2

Gabriel Knight 3 definitely deserves a follow up. We need to know what happened to
Spoiler:
Grace

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

The Lost Crown. It would be cool if you had some kind of tandem thing with Nigel and Lucy.

"There be knockers down here..." - T.G. 1884

My review of The Path
Old 04-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #4

Fahrenheit But with the proper ending this time

Also Dreamfall of course but we already know that one's coming..
Old 04-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDream View Post
Also Dreamfall of course but we already know that one's coming..
Have they announced a Dreamfall sequel? I agree with Fahrenheit, although I'd like to see less of a sequel and more of remake, like you say - with the intended ending.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:10 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
Gabriel Knight 3 definitely [...]
Couldn't agree more. And while I'm at it, I'll add:

1. Gabriel Knight (4)
2. King's Quest (IX - or VIII, if they want to forget the dreadful Mask of Eternity)
3. Police Quest (V - give Sonny back to us!)
4. Leisure Suit Larry VIII
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 04-14-2009, 02:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by orient View Post
Have they announced a Dreamfall sequel? I agree with Fahrenheit, although I'd like to see less of a sequel and more of remake, like you say - with the intended ending.
Well according to Ragnar Tornquist, the mastermind behind Dreamfall, there will be two separate games - Dreamfall Chapters and The Longest Journey 2. While Dreamfall Chapters will be set in the familiar world from the first two TLJ games it will not be a direct sequel to Dreamfall while TLJ 2 will be the sequel to the events in the first two games and will wrap up the story entirely.

I might be wrong but according to his blog that's the case right now, check it out here:

http://ragnartornquist.com/?p=578
Old 04-14-2009, 02:45 AM   #8
Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalGagBonkers View Post
FULL THROTTLE {I know alot of people are begging for this one}
Only if it includes that peyote scene this time! I'd love to see a bigger, pure-adventure sequel headed up by Tim Schafer, but I'm damn glad that Hell on Wheels got canceled...
Old 04-14-2009, 03:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Couldn't agree more. And while I'm at it, I'll add:

1. Gabriel Knight (4)
2. King's Quest (IX - or VIII, if they want to forget the dreadful Mask of Eternity)
3. Police Quest (V - give Sonny back to us!)
4. Leisure Suit Larry VIII
Wow, a lotta oldies here Don't you like the recent adventures Andrea? Cuz I've seen that you mostly talk about games that got released a good while ago
Old 04-14-2009, 05:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Wow, a lotta oldies here Don't you like the recent adventures Andrea? Cuz I've seen that you mostly talk about games that got released a good while ago
Recent adventures? Really?

Jokes aside, I have some recent games that I care about - like the Casebook series, The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, the two Syberia and a couple of others - but nothing that really stands out in comparison with the old Sierra series. And it's not plain and simple nostalgia: it's something more deep.

I found that the vast majority of nowadays titles lack an heart, that's saying a distinct, unique personality, like the Art of Murder games, which are just dull, uninspired copycats of better titles, at least as far as I'm concerned.

I have some hope for games yet to be released, like The Whispered World, Three Cards to Midnight and - of course - Jane Jensen's Gray Matter.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Recent adventures? Really?

Jokes aside, I have some recent games that I care about - like the Casebook series, The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, the two Syberia and a couple of others - but nothing that really stands out in comparison with the old Sierra series. And it's not plain and simple nostalgia: it's something more deep.

I found that the vast majority of nowadays titles lack an heart, that's saying a distinct, unique personality, like the Art of Murder games, which are just dull, uninspired copycats of better titles, at least as far as I'm concerned.

I have some hope for games yet to be released, like The Whispered World, Three Cards to Midnight and - of course - Jane Jensen's Gray Matter.
Well it's probably because you played them at the time of their release when those games felt ''to-date''. I started playing adventures in like 2003-4 and then I tried some 90s games and really couldn't get into them because of outdated graphics etc.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Well it's probably because you played them at the time of their release when those games felt ''to-date''. I started playing adventures in like 2003-4 and then I tried some 90s games and really couldn't get into them because of outdated graphics etc.
That's not completely true. I played Gabriel Knight back then (and another dozen times after) and King's Quest shortly after the release of Mask of Eternity. I played also a couple of Larry games in the mid-90s. But I didn't play Quest for Glory until this past summers, and the same can be said for Police Quest.

I, for one, don't care at all about graphics, or sound, or voice acting. If you read some of my posts and/or reviews, you know that what really matters the most to me is the story, and the writing. A good story and quality writing. Two things we don't get very often nowadays.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:39 AM   #13
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

I'd really like to see some new, quality Indiana Jones adventure game. Judging from the demo, Fountain of Youth should do the job well when it gets released.

New Gabriel Knight from Jane Jensen of course.

Otherwise, I just want new, original titles from proven authors. There are very few long running series that don't lose something important that make the first part(s) great.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:14 AM   #14

Quote:
That's not completely true. I played Gabriel Knight back then (and another dozen times after) and King's Quest shortly after the release of Mask of Eternity. I played also a couple of Larry games in the mid-90s. But I didn't play Quest for Glory until this past summers, and the same can be said for Police Quest.

I, for one, don't care at all about graphics, or sound, or voice acting. If you read some of my posts and/or reviews, you know that what really matters the most to me is the story, and the writing. A good story and quality writing. Two things we don't get very often nowadays.
Well if the story is your most important element in the game then be sure to check out the Saw Videogame that is coming around this Halloween
Old 04-14-2009, 06:39 AM   #15
Ace Attorney

Send a message via AIM to shezcrafti

I don't know about a sequel, but there is one game in particular that I'd love to see remade completely...

Anyone remember Mansion of Hidden Souls on the Sega CD (and/or Saturn)? It was one of my favorites when I was younger, but unfortunately it doesn't stand the test of time very well. The Sega hardware was hugely limiting, and it really shows in the animation & controls. Also, the voice acting is pretty awful (I highly encourage you to watch the YouTube clip I linked for a good laugh!). But overall I loved the concept of the game...the children, the butterflies...it was haunting & mysterious without really being "horror."

It would be awesome to play through this game with updated graphics, sound, and perhaps more content and additional rooms to explore. (It was a pretty short game.) Maybe this should go on the "Adventure games that deserve a remake" thread if there is one!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezcrafti View Post
Also, the voice acting is pretty awful (I highly encourage you to watch the YouTube clip I linked for a good laugh!). But overall I loved the concept of the game...the children, the butterflies...it was haunting & mysterious without really being "horror."
Eheh... Agree: the voices are terrible. I liked the musical score, though, a lot.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #17
DON'T EAT THIS

How no one said it 'til now?
A fifth Monkey Island, please! We deserve to know the secret of Monkey Island.
"Of such great powers or beings there may be conceivably a survival... a survival of a hugely remote period when... consciousness was manifested, perhaps, in shapes and forms long since withdrawn before the tide of advancing humanity... forms of which poetry and legend alone have caught a flying memory and called them gods, monsters, mythical beings of all sorts and kinds...."
Old 04-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #18

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by therabidfrog View Post
The Lost Crown. It would be cool if you had some kind of tandem thing with Nigel and Lucy.
Definitely. The best game I have ever played. It deserves a series.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Well according to Ragnar Tornquist, the mastermind behind Dreamfall, there will be two separate games - Dreamfall Chapters and The Longest Journey 2. While Dreamfall Chapters will be set in the familiar world from the first two TLJ games it will not be a direct sequel to Dreamfall while TLJ 2 will be the sequel to the events in the first two games and will wrap up the story entirely.

I might be wrong but according to his blog that's the case right now, check it out here:

http://ragnartornquist.com/?p=578

Based on the link you posted I think what Ragnar meant was that Dreamfall chapters will be a continuation of the dreamfall game and TLJ2 the sequel to the original TLJ since he doesn't consider dreamfall a direct sequel to TLJ.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #20
Stalker of Britain

I 2nd "The Lost Crown", since it was a great story by itself but left a lot of things open for a sequel. And it really deserves it. Jonathan will be, but after Dark Fall 3. And yes, Dreamfall should, too.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes