You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure what do you think of these games?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2009, 03:15 AM   #1

Default what do you think of these games?

I just ordered these games, what do you think.

dracula origin
dracula 3: path of the dragon
the lost crown
a vampyre story
gabriel knight
sherlock holmes: the awakened
Old 03-19-2009, 03:27 AM   #2

The Lost Crown was the best game I played in 2008, you can really look forward to a huge game with an interesting story and varied challenges

The Awakened was one of my favourites in 2007, and in my opinion the best of the Sherlock-games made by Frogwares.

And the Gabriel Knight series is a classic - did you order all three of them?

Both Dracula games however are quite weak.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:04 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niaboc View Post

dracula origin
the lost crown
a vampyre story
gabriel knight
Dracula: Origin is absolutely boring and forgettable.
Dracula 3: Path of the Dragon is a great game and winner of the 2008 Aggie Award for Best 1st Person PC Adventure.
The Lost Crown, although faulted, has an admirable atmosphere, which granted it the 2008 Aggie Award for Best Setting.

As for Gabriel Knight... what can I say? The best adventure ever made, at least in my opinion
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-19-2009, 04:11 AM   #4

Quote:

dracula origin
the lost crown
a vampyre story
gabriel knight
Dracula: Origin - i did't like it ! Average game
Dracula 3: Path of the dragon - very good game with a lot of challenges, good story and good graphics.
The Lost Crown - awesome game with good atmosphere and gameplay. A Must play
Gabriel Knight Series - Like "AndreaDraco83" i think too that this is the best series ever created. Perfect game with perfect story and atmosphere. Absolutley a must play adventure !
Old 03-19-2009, 04:51 AM   #5

sounds good! looking forward to lost crown and gabriel knight in particular. although it'd be hard for any series to knock broken sword off of its lofty pedestal
Old 03-19-2009, 05:27 AM   #6

Vampyre Story is by far the best game I've played so far this year. Ofcourse the only other games I've played are So Blonde and Simon 4 so the competition was pretty weak. But still a suprisingly good game, definetly worth checking out!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:41 AM   #7

Drac Origin is pretty average with a really lame ending. It looks very pretty and it's also very short and easy so u might wanna get that one out of the way first seeing as you bought it

Lost Crown is very good if you can put up with the awful dialogue and voice acting for the main character. Well worth playing though, the best adventure game of recent years imo and tons of atmosphere (the game version of the original Wicker Man in that respect), and quite creepy in places.

Vamp Story is ok but nothing more imo.

Gabriel Knight is awesome, my favourite easily being the second. 1 and 2 are masterpieces..really great games, 2 of the best adventure games ever made and much better than Broken Sword imo (never really got into those). The third aint the best game ever, ignore that and just play the first two.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
Stalker of Britain

I personally love The Lost Crown. I've played the Dark Falls and Barrow Hill, and I loved it. So if you liked those, and ghost-hunting, you'll like it, if you can get past the bad character animations. Great story, if that's what you look for.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-21-2009, 12:21 AM   #9

I finished "The Awakened" a few weeks ago, and was disappointed. There were some good points, but the majority of the game seemed shallow. The charictors were forgettable, I had to play "hunt the item" way to many times, and the Sherlock, and Watson banter seemed really cliche... but maybe I'm just bitter because I didn't get to see Cthulu.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:22 AM   #10

There were alot of really annoying issues about this game, considering how long it was in development. Mona would suddenly change positions constantly, some videos-sequences would run twice, and also looked unpolished.
In general it seemed a bit unpolished - but there is a really good potential. And the best advantage, it was made by people who loved doing this, so am sure that they will correct their errors in the sequel, and give us a really awesome game. Just give your support to these guys.
They also have alot of references to Lucas arts games, which was a bit fun.
Btw, as many have commented, and really didnt think would bother me (b4 i played), Mona's voice is horrible and really annoying.
They have done most of it really really good, and a few thing badly. Unfortunately these few bad things ruins alot of the game, for me anyways.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:00 AM   #11
Pixiehunter

Gabriel Knight (at least 1 and 2, 3 is still on my To Play-list) are totally awesome when you value strong stories and storytelling.
And puzzlewise they are also pretty good. Not too hard, only a few annoying puzzles (but almost every game has some).
But what is the best in Gabriel Knight is the storytelling.

The rest of the games I haven't played, unfortunately...
Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 AM   #12

The Lost Crown is the only one I played on your list. It took a few minutes to get used to its "rhythm" but it was VERY good ... lots of fun and mysterious. The mutilation of cats in the US that's been in the news lately reminds me of the game and that life IS stranger than fiction.

Gabriel Knight is one I've wanted to play but can't find. Just curious where you ordered it from?

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 06-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #13

Quote:

dracula origin
the lost crown
a vampyre story
gabriel knight
Dracula: Origin is pretty average; it starts off very good, with a gloomy cemetary and gothic atmosphere but deteriorates as you progress. Plus the ending is really, really lame.

Dracula 3 was a good game even though some puzzles were really hard to solve; the story sometimes was obscured a little by the hard puzzles but all in all, I really liked this game. Nice atmosphere, very nice graphics.

Gabriel Knight is still my favourite adventure game series. If you love good storytelling, well-developed characters and nicely done puzzles, this is the game for you. All three games in the series are wonderful; there's nothing better - not even Broken Sword

Sherlock Holmes: nice gloomy atmosphere, characters were a bit flat sometimes (and I just hated Watson standing in my way every time I turned around); controls take some time getting used to. I thought the story was interesting enough though I still lament the fact that you don't get to see what happens when you fail.

The other games I haven't played yet but Lost Crown is supposed to be an excellent game
Old 06-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #14

Quote:

dracula origin
the lost crown
a vampyre story
gabriel knight
Dracula Origin for me was a major let down. The graphics are okay and the location beautiful wich is usually the case with a Frogwares game. But why use all that beauty for a superthin plotline and puzzles that aren't really going anywhere. Plus the ending indeed is very lame. This is one of those game you keep playing to the end hoping it'll get better but it just doesn't

The Gabriel Knight series are on of my favorite gameseries. They're each different in their own way. But at the end of the day they're all pretty damn good with each a fantastic story and even better characters in usually a beautiful setting.

Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened is one of those games a lot of peaple dislike. Personnally I think it's the best SH game to date and one of my favorites. The story's fantastic the interface I found simple and very cool to play. And the cinematics are definetly the icing on the cake wich makes the whole thing completely worthwile and making you wanna play it over and over again. Then again that's ony my opinion and I know for a a fact a lot of peaple disagree with me

The other games I haven't played so not much help there