You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Life After the Cancellation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2004, 12:01 PM   #1
Escaped Monkey Island

Default Life After the Cancellation

I know everyone is still bummed about Sam and Max 2. But lets move on to greener pastures for now.
What games are everyone looking forward to? If there are no games you are looking forward to, what kind of game would you like to see come out? I for one am looking forward to Syberia 2, after playing the demo it looks awesome.
Also, what is everyone playing right now? Are you re-playing the classic LA games for old times sake, or are you playing something new? I'm playing the Longest Journey for the first time...such a cool game.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:04 PM   #2
Headbanger

Right now I'm playing Shadow of memories. I'm looking forward to Syberia 2 as well, but I will probably play Midnight Nowhere before that which I'm excited about too.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:08 PM   #3
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

Does anyone know what Revolution are up to, now that BS3 has been out for a while?

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 03-12-2004, 12:53 PM   #4
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

I'm looking forward to 2004's Game of the Year...Project Jane-J! I don't know anything about it yet, including the title, but it's Jane Jensen so it will be awesome! Let all stand in wonder of the might that is Jensen!!!

I'm sorry. Did I overplay that one?

Anyway, I'm not playing any adventure games at the moment. Still working on Final Fantasy VI.

mag
Old 03-12-2004, 01:14 PM   #5
Escaped Monkey Island

Quote:
but I will probably play Midnight Nowhere
Midnight Nowhere looks like a cool game. The screenshots and story remind me of the Silent Hill series. I've never played a horror style AG, are there any good ones already out??
Old 03-12-2004, 01:14 PM   #6

Does anybody know when midnight nowhere and syberia 2 are coming out in europe? (uk or other country)
Old 03-12-2004, 01:54 PM   #7
Irritant F0rum Beasty

I know this thread is an attempt to get away from Sam & Max, but there's one more thing I have to say.

I am ready to move on for Sam and Max 2, but now, more than ever before, I really want to see something new happen with the Sam and Max franchise. I really hope the event with Lucasarts, as well as the overwhelming fan support, has motivated Steve Purcell to do something new with the franchise, even if it's not a game related project.
Admittedly the Sam and Max TV series didn't do to well, but i'm sure the fact that it was aimed at the wrong target audience (i.e. kids ) was in no small way responsible for that.
Sam and Max are to important to be forgotten about just because of some shit thick executives in fancy suits who wouldn't know quality if it walked up to them and stuck a pin in their eye.

So maybe it is the end of Lucasarts Sam and Max game, but it needn't be the end of Sam and Max.

As for up coming games, there's really nothing that I am seriously excited about, I guess I am just living in the past.

P.S. If you guys feel this post is inappropriate for this thread, i'll take it out and post it in another one.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
I'm looking forward to 2004's Game of the Year...Project Jane-J! I don't know anything about it yet, including the title, but it's Jane Jensen so it will be awesome! Let all stand in wonder of the might that is Jensen!!!
Agreed.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:05 PM   #9
True blue adventurer

Send a message via AIM to Luke Send a message via MSN to Luke
Default Jane Jensen

Speaking of Jane Jensen, I'm in for it when my game really gets started development-wise. (For those of you who want to know more about it, check out my post on the fate of the work done on S&M2.) It just so happens that my last name is nothing other than "Jensen." When I was on the KQ9 team, my name was listed on the team roster with "(no relation)" between my first and last names. I do have an aunt named Jane as well, but she's my mom's sister so she has a different last name. Also, my codesigner's last name is Schafer (no relation to the Tim Schafer of MI fame).

Great publicity questiions for the as-yet-to-be-written FAQ.

Luke
Old 03-12-2004, 03:28 PM   #10
merely human

I'm actually still deep in BS3. I'm very slowly working through The Watchmaker with a some help from a walkthrough mainly because the game was quite badly done, dramatically boring, and hasn't pulled me in emotionally. I'm 1/5 into Uru but it'll be a while before I actually plunge into it intensively.

I'm fluctuating between adventures and action/adventures, playing one genre whenever I get sick and bored with the other. I'm 3/4 done with Indy Jones and the Emperor's Tomb and Splinter Cell, and I just finished Max Payne last week. The next title I'm getting when I have money is Silent Hill 3.

The [PC] adventure titles I'm most looking forward to this year are Syberia II and Fahrenheit. I'm not saying anything yet about Project Jane J because we've seen nothing really tangible yet, no previews or screens. From other genres, Call of Cthulhu, Half-Life 2, Hannibal, and Thief: Deadly Shadows.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-12-2004, 03:30 PM   #11
This Space for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Schafer
The Gabriel Knight lady is really nice, I have heard. But tell me, has she ever given you any... FREE COMICS? Hmmm? Double Fine has given you THREE FREE COMICS so far. How many have you gotten from the makers of Gabriel Knight? Probably less than that. Or fewer than that. Whichever is correct. Okay, maybe some comics came free with the game, but I'm asking you what has the Gabriel Knight lady done for you LATELY? I'll bet she's not even thinking of you right now, where as I'm sitting down to write you this nice letter. Hello, you! How are your feelings? That's great, because I care about them and you both.
With that out of the way...

Speaking of Tim Schafer, I'm really looking forward to Psychonauts, if I can say that in the Adventure forum. I'm also getting ready to go through Day of the Tentacle for the first time.

In non-Tim news, I have a huge backlog of games that I'm still trying to find time for, including The Last Express, Gabriel Knight 1 and Planescape:Torment, and will soon add Syberia II, Runaway and BS3 to that list.

It turns out that the bad thing about making enough money to be able to afford more games is that usually, the method of earning said money leaves you less time to play said games. Somebody should really do something about that.
All kill their inspiration and sing about their grief.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:35 PM   #12
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishler
Speaking of Tim Schafer, I'm really looking forward to Psychonauts, if I can say that in the Adventure forum.
I'm so envious of you bloody XBox people. I don't suppose we'll ever see it on PC.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:39 PM   #13
Escaped Monkey Island

Quote:
I'm so envious of you bloody XBox people. I don't suppose we'll ever see it on PC
A lot of times, the PC port of a console game will come out after the console game. But sometimes not...it's hard to tell.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:44 PM   #14
Irritant F0rum Beasty

I'm absolutely sure it won't be released on PC. My reason being?...because I want it.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:02 PM   #15
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Schafer
Okay, maybe some comics came free with the game, but I'm asking you what has the Gabriel Knight lady done for you LATELY? I'll bet she's not even thinking of you right now, where as I'm sitting down to write you this nice letter.
Blasphemy! Why, Jane Jensen is nothing less than a living goddess! Would you test god?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seed
I'm absolutely sure it won't be released on PC. My reason being?...because I want it.
Also because it's being published by Microsoft.

mag
Old 03-12-2004, 04:23 PM   #16

I'm currently enthralled with Beyond Good and Evil. Not really a graphic adventure, I know. Still, I'm finding the game to be really enjoyable. Next on my hit list is Post Mortem and Syberia which I still haven't played.

Even though I'm enjoying these games, I haven't forgotten you Sam and Max!

"Wherever there's a neckless goon beating up a guy-

Wherever an inbred street gang is torching a helpless bum-

Wherever innocent creatures are terrorized by the hateful and ignorant-

WE'LL BE THERE! Severely disapproving. Right Max?!....Max?...."

-Sam

Last edited by convexion; 03-13-2004 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:49 PM   #17

Default Other games worth playing.

I;m currently playing Tron 2.0 for my 2nd time. It's really fun, but incredibly challenging. The level where the computer is being re-formatted and a huge amount of Z-lots are trying to corrupt you was so tough, It took me at least four or five tries to beat it (I also used the health cheat, too). I finished Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell a few nights ago, so I could prepare for it's sequel, Pandora Tomorrow, which has now gone gold.

As for adventure games, I'm going to continue on playing The Black Mirror (I'm currently on the very beginning of Chapter 2) after I'm done with Tron 2.0. I'm also looking forward to playing Syberia II, even though I found the fish puzzle in the demo confusing. I can't wait to play Legacy: Dark Shadows, and The Moment of Silence sounds really interesting. I'm going to wait for the reviews of the New Leisure Suit Larry game to come out.

I especially plan to play some of my old adventure games. I wonder if The Longest Journey will still run on my computer. That's all I can thing of, now.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:43 PM   #18
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

I'm looking forward to Psychonauts easily more than any other to-be-released game I'm aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
Speaking of Jane Jensen, I'm in for it when my game really gets started development-wise. (For those of you who want to know more about it, check out my post on the fate of the work done on S&M2.) It just so happens that my last name is nothing other than "Jensen." When I was on the KQ9 team, my name was listed on the team roster with "(no relation)" between my first and last names. I do have an aunt named Jane as well, but she's my mom's sister so she has a different last name. Also, my codesigner's last name is Schafer (no relation to the Tim Schafer of MI fame).

Great publicity questiions for the as-yet-to-be-written FAQ.

Luke
You should totally hype up your game as "The new adventure game from Schafer and Jensen!"

(also, quick side note: You probably shouldn't refer to Tim as "of MI fame", since he really only had a co-writing job on MI2. He's more "of GF and FT, and also DOTT, fame")

EDIT: hooray for acronyms

EDIT 2: and the word "fame"

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 03-12-2004, 06:01 PM   #19
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Also because it's being published by Microsoft.
Halo made it to PC. There's a chance yet. We'll gloss over the "2 years to port" part.

Syberia 2 is about the only imminent adventure I'm looking forward to. Midnight Nowhere looked tempting, but the stinkola reviews have turned me off some.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:26 PM   #20
This Space for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Blasphemy! Why, Jane Jensen is nothing less than a living goddess! Would you test god?
Unless your religion is polytheistic, allowing for multiple game-design-genius deities, you may have unwittingly started a holy war. And me without my popcorn.
All kill their inspiration and sing about their grief.