You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Life After the Cancellation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2004, 10:00 PM   #21

I recently finished Black Mirror and found it an o.k. game, nothing more, nothing less. The ending 'twist' could've been alot more powerful if they hadn't hinted it so much towards the ending. Before that BS3 which was great, no matter what any review made of it I think it was very enjoyable. Ok, the 'puzzles' weren't that great but overall the game left me with a very satisfied feeling (perhaps because I had been longing for more BS since the first 2 games ). I'm currently replaying S&M and I'm delighted that I had forgotten most of the puzzles. And I'm planning on re-playing TLJ as well.

Syberia 2 will be in my shopping basket shortly, hopefully
I'm very much looking forward to Fahrenheit since I've always hated finishing AGs, now I'll get to finish it lots of times . Although I know jack-shit about TLJ2 I'm betting it'll be ground-breaking once more (Imagine moving around in a full-3d arcadia). I understand why everyone is excited about P:Jane-J but I'd like to see or learn something first before I get my hopes up.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:35 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
(perhaps because I had been longing for more BS since the first 2 games
Oh GOD, that's too funny! I had been longing for more BS in my life, too! And on March 3rd, LucasArts saw fit to bequeth us all more than we could ever possibly need... Bastards....
Old 03-13-2004, 04:19 AM   #23
Coming Soon

Send a message via Yahoo to kwbridge

For adventures I'm looking forward to Dark Fall II and Syberia II (although I'm not sure why - I didn't care for the first one). Also Runaway II and am cautiously watching Legacyark Shadows.

For others the game I am most looking forward to is Beyond Divinity. I'm also keeping my eye on Neverend, Mirrorland and World Fables as they all look like games that I might enjoy.

And I'm hopefully waiting for the Beyond Good and Evil II announcement.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:27 AM   #24
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

I'm currently playing Silent Hill 3.

As for the games i'm looking forward to... i would say Syberia2, Fahrenheit, Call of Cthulhu. That new Sherlock Holmes adventure and Moment of Silence also look promising.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:30 PM   #25

I've just replayed DOTT and am thinking of replaying either Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, The Curse of Monkey Island, or Sam & Max. Project Jane-J is my most anticipated adventure.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:45 PM   #26
peb
Colossal

I have barely started Runaway. I have Morrowind and Deux Ex: Invisible War lined up next. I am looking forward to Syberia II but not much else adventure-wise. I still need to buy an X-Box in anticipation of Pyschonauts.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:09 PM   #27
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

Still developing Roger Foodbelly. School starts to annoy me. Just got a call from one of our artists that he'll start on a new background. Still the usual stuff, except now I don't really *look up* to LucasArts anymore.

Maybe inviduals worked there instead.

Looking farward to.. CSI2.

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 03-13-2004, 05:38 PM   #28

I'm trying to play the westerner, but it's really bad (meaning: I don't like it), so I'm not sure whether I'll keep on trying for long.
Also, I've just bought Schizm for 5 euros, and I'll play it soon, even of I have no idea whether it's good or not.

And I'm impatiently waiting for Syberia 2.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:43 PM   #29
Consulting Detective

The Westerner seems quite funny. Besides, I think it may be the only comedy adventure game to be released in the near future.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:11 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Souza
The Westerner seems quite funny. Besides, I think it may be the only comedy adventure game to be released in the near future.
Well, it's kind of funny and well-animated. But the puzzles are awful, the game is buggy as hell, and overall it's just not fun playing it.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:29 PM   #31
Retirement is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Well, it's kind of funny and well-animated. But the puzzles are awful, the game is buggy as hell, and overall it's just not fun playing it.
I gotta say...that's the first negative thing I've heard about the game. I'm hearing nothing but good things about it from people who've already played it. Bonusweb.cz, a site that I understand is very popular and very credible among its intended audience, gave it an 88%. We're getting a lot of similar feedback from readers. I personally am very excited about it.

- Evan

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 03-14-2004, 01:29 AM   #32
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
I gotta say...that's the first negative thing I've heard about the game. I'm hearing nothing but good things about it from people who've already played it. Bonusweb.cz, a site that I understand is very popular and very credible among its intended audience, gave it an 88%. We're getting a lot of similar feedback from readers. I personally am very excited about it.

- Evan
Can we expect a review soon on AG?

--Erwin
Old 03-14-2004, 02:29 AM   #33

It doesn't sound like they have a copy yet.