Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Revolution to do more Adventures? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/24131-revolution-do-more-adventures.html)

Rather Dashing 02-25-2009 07:54 AM

Revolution to do more Adventures?

http://www.videogamer.com/news/24-02-2009-10724.html

Apparently, based on the Broken Sword remake's sales, we may be getting more adventure-related fun from Revolution. They're actively considering it, though the interest, sadly, seems to be focused on more remakes.

Still, the possibility of a new adventure is out there. I recently played Beneath a Steel Sky(didn't snag it until I wanted to test out the GoG download and install process), and I'd be pretty excited to see another entry in that series.

Anyway, good news all around, right?

sysryn 02-25-2009 08:03 AM

Great news! Maybe they'll do a remake of Beneath a steel sky in better graphics. Or Lure of the temptress...

Can't wait :)

JohnGreenArt 02-25-2009 08:11 AM

They are even considering redoing Broken Sword 3 and 4 in 2D style for the Wii and DS.

Plus a Beneath a Steel Sky sequel.

Krystal 03-01-2009 03:41 PM

Great news, I would love to see other adventures from them but of course also another Broken Sword. ;) The more the better.

pointandcliklover 03-02-2009 04:40 AM

hooyay to a remake of 4 and maybe they will do a proper ending

Jadefalcon 03-02-2009 12:36 PM

No offence to the Wii owners, but I'd like to see more Revolution PC games, but then again if they sell well on the Wii, it's good financially for the company. I quite liked Broken Sword 4, though the third game had too many box shifting type puzzles.

sysryn 03-02-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadefalcon (Post 498476)
No offence to the Wii owners, but I'd like to see more Revolution PC games, but then again if they sell well on the Wii, it's good financially for the company. I quite liked Broken Sword 4, though the third game had too many box shifting type puzzles.

I think the idea was to enhance the environment interaction since it was the first BS in 3D. The box puzzles were a good idea... but only if they left it at the beginning.. Later on you get the "Indiana Jones Stobbart" feeling with all the pushing you do... but i loved the game nevertheless.

I'm playing BS4 atm :)

Rather Dashing 03-02-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadefalcon (Post 498476)

So wait.

Are we, as a community:

1) Upset that the Wii and DS only get ports rather than new adventures, or
2) Want to keep all adventures on the PC too?

Because last I checked, I thought original adventures on the DS and Wii were a good thing, and the fact that it only got ports was bad.

Jadefalcon 03-02-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rather Dashing (Post 498501)
So wait.

Are we, as a community:

1) Upset that the Wii and DS only get ports rather than new adventures, or
2) Want to keep all adventures on the PC too?

Because last I checked, I thought original adventures on the DS and Wii were a good thing, and the fact that it only got ports was bad.

I suppose that I could have worded it better, it maybe did seem a bit selfish, especially as I don't own a DS. I just hope that Revolution don't totally dump the PC market is what I mean.

I'm happy for games to be succesful on the DS, but I'm just hoping that the PC doesn't get shafted in the long term. I've seen too many companies do that with other game genres, releasing console games and then deciding not to cater to the PC at all.

diego 03-06-2012 03:10 AM

From Revolution website:

"We are currently developing an original adventure game which is due to release later this year."

Also, they're looking for a freelance artists.

Revolution

jhetfield21 03-06-2012 03:39 AM

supposedly they are working on both BS5 and a completely new project.or at least that's what i remember from the last time i was looking around for info.

Manhunter71 03-06-2012 03:54 AM

Sounds like good news. I for one would welcome a new Broken Sword game, but I would hope that they would change from the gameplay system of BS4 and 5. I really didnt like the quicktime events in those 2 games, especially the one in the street outside where you have to avoid the car coming after you, and the stealth part where you have to sneak into a building guarded by monks(?).

I really don't see what was wrong with the regular point&click interface from BS1 and 2. I guess they thought they were evolving with the times and maybe a new generation of gamers wouldn't get into the game otherwise. I'm sure they could come up with something inbetween.
Also, I kind of thought the stories in the last 2 were a bit lacking in depth compared to the first 2, or maybe thats just because BS1 and 2 were some of the first adventures I played so they hold a special place in my memory

jhetfield21 03-06-2012 05:30 AM

actually that's the reason they changed to 3D.i saw somewhere an interview of Charles Cecil talking about the transition to 3D and how it was the time of PS2 and everyone was making transitions to 3D and it was the new thing.

PS:there were more reasons.check this out:Interview with Charles Cecil on 2D and 3D

pointandcliklover 03-06-2012 12:08 PM

heres hope to bs5