You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure AG Community Playthrough #8: The Lost Crown

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #401
Stalker of Britain

Well, I liked writing them.

I would join in the new one, but I don't have the game, nor have I ever played it. And it would be weird not being in charge. lol Just kidding on that last part.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #402
Senior *female* member

You wouldn't like ZGI, it;s not your type of game at all.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:39 AM   #403

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienepien View Post
You wouldn't like ZGI, it;s not your type of game at all.
Well, I don't know. ZGI isn't my usual type of game either, since I usually like dark-themed, adult-oriented, dramatic adventure preferably mystery or whodunit or detective, but - as I already wrote in the playthrough - the writing is so great that it's impossible not to love Dalboz and the whole world. Maybe, Fantasy would have appreciated it!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 04-29-2009, 01:54 AM   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure. I can look; what were the other pictures of around the empty spot?
OK, the empty spot is on the fourth (last) page of the album in the top right corner,
next to the two Russett/Ager bedroom pics; above the picture of the gramophone.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:44 AM   #405
Stalker of Britain

Okay-I checked this before all of the pictures get messed up when the crwon is taken.

My first page was full with 6 pictures, my 2nd page only had 5 pictures. Was there another one on this page? 6 pictures on the 3rd page, and only 3 on the last page. Now, we might add more pictures later in the game, because I just picked a saved game on May Day, but after coming back from the church. Did we miss any pictures?
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-29-2009, 08:39 AM   #406

My photo album

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4
Old 04-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #407
Stalker of Britain

Okay, I believe in a later saved game that I ahd all those pictures except the last one, so awesome! Hmm...I don't really remember it being all filled up for me, especially since the mess that happened when the crown was taken and all of the pictures being blanked. I really don't know!
Old 04-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Okay, I believe in a later saved game that I ahd all those pictures except the last one, so awesome! Hmm...I don't really remember it being all filled up for me, especially since the mess that happened when the crown was taken and all of the pictures being blanked. I really don't know!

Hmmmm ....

Anyone else ?
Curious ...
Old 05-05-2009, 12:37 AM   #409
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

I just missed the playthrough but I finally got around to playing this game and I was kind of blown away by how good it is. It's hard to remember the last time I played an adventure game of this size and scope, all of the other recent horror games I've played -- Sherlock Holmes: The Awakening; Darkness Within; Scratches -- they're good, but they just feel so empty and slight. The Lost Crown is truly grand in scope, and unlike the aforementioned games, it never feels sterile or empty. It gives you a massive location to explore but packs each area with detail and life so it's always exciting to snoop around the next spooky locale thrown at you. A sense of discovery is one of the most important aspects in adventure games and I don't think any game has done it this well in years. This is a game so big that it gives you not 1 but 2 churches to explore! 2!!! And both are unique and fascinating to explore in their own right. Sure, there are a lot of annoying flaws like the inability to skip through dialog, the frequent backtracking, some annoying puzzles and cheesy and repetitive voice acting, but none of this stuff ever wrecks the game, just makes it occasionally frustrating or cheesy. There's so many good things about the game that all of the negatives are pretty much wiped clean; all the stuff with the Ager brothers, the nightmare room sequence, the midnight trek through the museum; there are single moments and scenes in this game that are better than the entirety of some modern adventure games. I love this game.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 05-05-2009, 07:02 AM   #410
Stalker of Britain

I totally agree. The bad points of this game didn't really make me like the game any less.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #411

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I finished the game only yesterday and have since been searching various forums for some answers. You guys had some amazing ideas and some of my questions have definitely been answered; great that Mr. Boakes joined in to share some details, that cleared up some things for me
Old 07-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #412
Stalker of Britain

I'm glad you liked our ideas!