You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure AG Community Playthrough #8: The Lost Crown

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #21

Don't wait for me if I'm the last one.
The seller confirmed that the game shipped yesterday, but it has to cross the Atlantic and my experience is that it will take 5 to 50 days.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #22
Stalker of Britain

Hey all!!! Since Handsfree is basically all that we're waiting for, I'll announce our starting date probably on this coming Wednesday, so it'll give him (?) some days to get it. And then we'll probably have a week (?) between 'chapters', so I'm sure you can catch up, Handsfree.

Brimstone-Who else beat me to the punch?! lol

Fien-Yeah, it's sad. Matt's game was so amazing, I hope he does another one. Jonathan says that Matt is working on stuff, but I haven't heard from Matt himself about it. lol
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #23
Stalker of Britain

Hey all!!! I have such exciting news!!

I was telling Jonathan, The Creator (lol Trekkie reference), about our playthrough. He said, "It'll be great to read peoples thoughts, as they progress...plus, it might give me a chance to pop up and drop some hints, about things people might miss." OMG!!!!! Jonathan will be visiting our humble little thread!! lol
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Hey all!!! I have such exciting news!!

I was telling Jonathan, The Creator (lol Trekkie reference), about our playthrough. He said, "It'll be great to read peoples thoughts, as they progress...plus, it might give me a chance to pop up and drop some hints, about things people might miss." OMG!!!!! Jonathan will be visiting our humble little thread!! lol

Awesome

Last December I played through the game for the first time.
It would be my first JA playthrough.
I might join in ...

Although ...

Spoiler:
the nightly visit to the museum almost cost me a heart attack
Old 02-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #25
Stalker of Britain

haha. Tiocfaidh-I love that scene! So yes, please join us.

We need to show Jonathan our theories when it comes up in the game. lol

So everyone, with permission from Handsfree, I believe we'll be starting the game on Wednesday, February the 18th. That day, I will post where we're going to stop, etc. So, dust off that computer, and join us!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #26
Coktel Vision Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
wha?! You mean Jonathan as in Jonathan Boakes?! :O :O!!! That would be awesome!
Old 02-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #27
Stalker of Britain

Rex-Yep. I mean THE Jonathan Boakes. Told you I knew him. lol Yeah, it'll be really awesome, so we have to make sure to discuss all our theories and stuff so he'll see!
Old 02-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #28
Strategy Guide Author

Coolness, Wednesday it is.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #29

Send a message via MSN to bandidoquest

This is looking interesting, count me in!
Old 02-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #30

Hey, I'd be up for replaying this. I have time.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #31

I am SOOOO in...only my third time, though!
Old 02-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #32
Coktel Vision Fan!

There's a lot of people who played the game through the end at least one time. I only played it for about an hour last year, so please avoid "spoilers" while the playthrough is on.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #33
Strategy Guide Author

yea I'm coming in totally fresh so repeaters please no spoilers
Old 02-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #34
Stalker of Britain

Don't worry Rex & Phod!!! I am eagerly excited to have people who have never played the game come in!!!

And to repeat for them, please DO NOT put spoilers in. If you do talk about spoilers, *please* put them in spoiler tags. I encourage this for people who have already played the game, and see something relevant to the many theories going around. Feel free to point these out, but put them in spoiler tags. Thanks.

Well, guess what guys? It's Wednesday!!!! We're officially starting the playthrough. As you will learn early on in the game, Nigel keeps a journal. After you see the first entry of the journal, keep playing until Nigel goes to sleep for that night. After he lays down, and when he gets back up, he will present a new journal entry. When you get to the 2nd journal entry that night, stop. Come back here, and post your thoughts, questions, theories (pertaining to THAT chapter unless spoiler tags), etc! We'll start the second "chapter" February the 25th. (I hope the directions were clear. If you need me to elaborate, please tell me, and I'll try. )
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #35

Everything is clear, thanks. I'm so very excited.
Hello to everybody! I'm really interested in your thoughts about the first "chapter", so tell me.
I don't have time to play untill weekend. Till then, bye.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #36

The game arrived today. It took just 5 days this time.

Fantasy: unless you consider this spoilers, in how many chapters will the game be split up? Can you estimate how many hours we will be spending on this first chapter? I need a bit of time management here.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #37
Stalker of Britain

I'm glad Handsfree!!! To tell the truth, I'm not exactly sure how many 'chapters' there will be. Some chapters may be shorter than others, but I was thinking about a week for each. Just put aside an hour on the weekend or something, and see how close you get to the end of the chapter. I can't really tell you how long it'll take for you to play through it, especially if it's your first time.

I'm going to be posting my thoughts probably tomorrow. Anyone have any opening thoughts, especially the people who have not played before?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #38

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Some opening thoughts, even if I already played the game once.

I want to start with the few faults I can think of, first and foremost the lack of subtitles during the opening cutscene. It's a minor quibble, I know, but since I'm not English, I had an hard time trying to understand every single spoken word, especially because the voice was muffled and murmured. A second quibble is that the dialogue lines can't be skipped, thus forcing the player to sit through a lot of repetitions.

Aside from these minor flaws, the beginning of the game is daunting and atmospheric, full of suspense and intrigue. Furthermore, the world immediately feels coherent, realistic and fully detailed, which is always what really suck me in, making me feel like a part of a real universe.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 02-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #39

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

If any one can send me a save file at or around the time when you
Spoiler:
meet the girl at the net place so investigate the missing cats?
I fell prey to that awful glitch, and had to uninstall the game, but I desperately wish to continue. I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 02-19-2009 at 08:36 PM. Reason: spoiler tags added
Old 02-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #40
Stalker of Britain

Bidfrog-I will see if I have a saved game, but please put that in spoiler tags, since there are some people on here playing the game for the first time, and don't know that. Thanks.