You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Forgotten adventures

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #21
Super Moderator

You can make eBay work for you. Ask questions of the seller if you aren't sure. If it's a game and they're using a stock photo (i.e. one they got off the internet), ask to see an actual photo of the game. I've gotten many games from there and haven't had a problem.

They do have protection programs in place.

Edit: I just got Obsidian from eBay for $25 (free shipping) and it came today (it took 2 or 3 days), just as described. There are many, many honest people on eBay.

Last edited by Melanie68; 02-11-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #22
Stalker of Britain

Thanks Melanie. I'm just scared of getting ripped off. I prefer Amazon, beause I don't udnerstand the bidding and stuff.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #23
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Well see, I don't really trust ebay. That you have to bid on it, and the site doesn't support you if the sender doesn't send it...it just scares me. I buy my stuff on Amazon.
PayPal does protect you. I know for a fact that they do, got my money back when one ebay seller (one out of many, many smooth transactions) did not deliver the goods. Bad sellers are everywhere and that includes Amazon. Problem is, used games on Amazon are much, much more expensiven than on ebay.

Live dangerously! Take a risk!

And how about gametz?
Old 02-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #24
Stalker of Britain

Really? Hmmm...I guess I'll look at ebay although I don't really have much money, anyway. lol How do you "bid"? Well, you can send it in a PM, because I don't want to digress the thread.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Thanks Melanie. I'm just scared of getting ripped off. I prefer Amazon, beause I don't udnerstand the bidding and stuff.
Well, it'll be potentially your loss then. At some point, feel brave, jump in, read the bidding info and try to get something that doesn't cost a lot of money (set a $5 or $10 limit for yourself) so if it doesn't work out, you're not out a lot. Sometimes you just have to go for it.

The thing I've found in life is you have to fuck it up at least once to really learn something (it's inevitable).
Old 02-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #26
Stalker of Britain

Wow, I'm loosing by using Amazon and not ebay? lol Okay guys, if I do come into some money, I'll check ebay out.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:06 AM   #27

People actually pay bread for these games, let alone a lot of it?
Old 02-12-2009, 09:23 AM   #28
The Quiet One

You don't necessarily have to bid on items, Fantasy. If you keep checking and keep your eyes open, you may find a bargain with a 'Buy It Now' option. With me, i was searching for the original boxed version of Broken Sword 1 not so long ago. It hardly ever appears on ebay and when it does you have to bid on it and it usually goes up to £30. I checked one day and found it with a 'Buy It Now' option for just over £5!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 02-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #29
Stalker of Britain

Wow, really? That's awesome!!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:34 AM   #30

I actully have Angel Devoid. Sadly I cannot play at all...

It installs fine and all, but the graphics won't appear on my computer screen (not even on my old screen which wasn't a LCD screen).

Looks interesting, though...

I have tried using Dosbox - no luck...
Old 02-13-2009, 07:13 AM   #31

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

I own Journey to the edge, but never really played it, but I always wanted to play Bad Day on the Midway since the Residents did the soundtrack, but it's hard to find.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #32
I changed my title

@ aries323 - Although it's not the same, there's a playthrough of Angel Devoid on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhGL1BRbrcU

Out of the above games I only played Normality, pretty weird game.
Does anyone know if Normality had more than one version? There are two playthroughs on Youtube and the script and voice actors are different.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #33
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I just happen to own Journey to the Edge (Koala Lumpur), Bad Day on the Midway, Normality, a demo version of Shadoan and Dark Seed I (but not DS II)!
The only other games above I'd be interested in would probably be Private Eye and The Dame Was Loaded.

Most older games I usually either find at Value Village (the Canadian version of Savers) or am fortunate enough to get on eBay. You really do need to be persistent (and a bit lucky) to be able to win adventure games on eBay. One drawback I face is the sometimes insane shipping costs US sellers charge for shipping to Canada, which can be higher than shipping from the UK or Europe!
Games I got on eBay include Reah, the Discworld games, Noir: A Shadowy Thriller ($0.99 + $13.99 shipping!), The Bizarre Advs. of the Woodruff & the Schnibble, Byzantine: The Betrayal, The Quivering and Obsidian.
I bought The Neverhood at Value Village for under $5 (jewel case with manual, no box)! Lotsa luck trying to get that on eBay cheaply!