You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Fate of Atlantis unlockable in new Indiana Jones game!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #1

Default Fate of Atlantis unlockable in new Indiana Jones game!!

Quote:
LucasArts has issued the first details on the forthcoming action game Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, revealing that it will pack an unlockable version of LucasArts' now-classic 1992 PC adventure title Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

It was not specified if the unlockable will be Wii and PS2-only, or if it'll be present in the PSP and DS releases. The conditions required to unlock the game were not provided.
Source.

Nice. This is what it is all about. I was going to buy this anyway, but I will buy anything with FoA in it!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Intriguing. SCUMM being SCUMM, this will put them in a position to easily port the rest of that back catalog too if they so choose. With them actually advertising it like this, I'm going to optimistically interpret this move as testing the waters to see if they'd sell.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #3

Yeah, I bet they have some sort of metrics in place to see how many people unlock it, how many people play it, how long they play it, etc. A very interesting move that bodes very well for the future of other SCUMM titles.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:01 AM   #4
The Quiet One

The article's been updated and the unlockable version of FoA will only be available in the Wii version.

Bit annoyed the Staff of Kings won't be released for the PS3 and 360. Early videos/screenshots made it look like a next-gen game and i thought companies like LucasArts were focusing on next-gen titles. So, what the hell are they playing at?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 02-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #5

I'm pretty tempted to get this game for Fate of Atlantis alone.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
Headbanger

It's coming to PS2? Hmm, The Crystal Skull sucked but now I'm actually hoping that Staff of Kings will be decent.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I seriously hope this game isn't like Nintendo consoles 3rd party games tend to be, because a PS2 version exists, it's clear that the main version is done on that old console and then Wii gets the crappy port with Wiimote controls attached in with tape and glue.

At least looking at the screenshots this is quite obvious that PS2 is the version they are making this on mainly.

If it was really done for the Wii, then the screenshots should look more like Mario Galaxy or at least Xbox games.

It sure is a pleasant surprise though that Fate of Atlantis is included in this game. I thought everyone at Lucasarts hates the old good games.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #8

I hope there is the option to not use the Wiimote for the whip. More traditional controls are usually preferred for action/adventure (imho).
Old 02-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #9

I think using motion controls for the whip could be pretty fun, they used it WAY too much for jumping in deBlob and I still found that to be solid. I wonder how Fate of Atlantis will look on a big TV...
Old 02-06-2009, 02:17 AM   #10
Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
I wonder how Fate of Atlantis will look on a big TV...
GIYF!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/...e99311.jpg?v=0
Old 05-25-2009, 07:13 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Some pre-order deals from GameStop:

"Reserve Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings for the Nintendo Wii and receive a GameStop exclusive code which unlocks a full playable version of the classic game “Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis”. Available for the Nintendo Wii version only, while supplies last."

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/Produ...oduct_id=73892

"Reserve Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings and receive a free mini strategy guide. Available for online and in-store customers while supplies last."

"Purchase this title and receive an e-Movie Cash coupon code good for one free movie ticket. E-Movie Cash tickets are good for one movie admission up to $10.00 to any movie at any participating e-Movie Cash theatre."