You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #1

Default Memento Mori

Has anyone heard of an English release date for this game? I was just checking out their website and the game looks very intriguing to me. However I can't seem to find anything about a N. American release.

Personally I love the idea of a game in full 3D if it's done right. I loved Indigo Prophecy even with the wonky controls and horrible stealth portions. Dreamfall, not so much. I also thought that Dead Reefs could have been a great game with a different control scheme, so this looks like it may have some potential.

Appreciate any replies.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
LA-S-LE

3D doesn't really add much to the game. It plays like your ordinary Broken Sword clone, with small locations and easy-to-use point & click interface.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #3

Ah! You've played it then? Is it good?

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #4

I played the german demo (benefit of having been born in a german speaking country), and while the graphics were nice, the gameplay was too easy (small locations).
Old 01-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
LA-S-LE

Yes, it's out in our country. It is a decent game with few interesting plot twists and very easy puzzles, something that became normal today. You are able to play for both heroes at different times. The game has a nice Broken Sword feeling, but the writing is much worse. And there are about 6 endings, depending on the choices you make throughout the game. Though I found little replayability in it.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #6

I'm looking forward to this game too, since I read about it caught my attention. Interesting thing about the 6 possible endings.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to tobacos

the release date on Gamersgate site is postponed to 3rd of march with mata hari also.
i hope its real news this time ....
Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #8
Hopeful skeptic

There is no firm release date for Memento Mori (or Mata Hari) on GamersGate or anywhere else. That's straight from the horse's (publisher's) mouth, as of today. They are hoping for "Q1", though.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #9
It's just me

I've been interested in that game ever since I heard the music tracks from its official website. Beautiful and striking, yet subtle and deeply emotional. Good stuff!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I've been extremely interested in the game. Then, I was disappointed by the gameplay trailer. Then, my hopes are high again after hearing some good comments, especially the ones made by people with tastes similar to mine. I've even downloaded the German demo, but I guess my German simply isn't good enough to properly play it...

... So yes, I can't wait for the game to be released!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 01-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #11
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Wasn't this the game where they feature Finland in it?

Though I remember the translated name of the cult was somehow wrong.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #12

Hello everyone ! Memento Mori is released in russian and in german but not in english ! I don't know why ? I'm waiting for the english release for two months now and nothing Does anybody have information about release date for english release ?? 10x in advance. By the way I'm from Bulgaria and in our torrents sites there is russian release .
Old 02-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #13

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector View Post
By the way I'm from Bulgaria and in our torrents sites there is russian release .
Sector, we don't support illegal downloads, even if they are old games not made freeware by their copyright holders.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 02-18-2009, 03:33 AM   #14

Well, I finished the game today. Not bad. But it's missing something. I didn't like it. Maybe because my ending was not too good and I even know where I did wrong to receive such an ending. But I don't really want to play this game again.
But my opinion of course does not mean the game is bad. I'll shut up and wait for english release and maybe disscus Memento Mori in this thread)))

Hey, Sector what is wrong with a little waiting? We in Russia always wait a long time for release. Even a year for some games. And it's good to see that some games released in russian before english)))
Old 02-18-2009, 05:43 AM   #15

Kolzig, one of the locations is monastery in Finland. In russian it was called "Vechno spyashii" = sleeping eternally... And name of the cult was Ikuinen Ukkuja. What does it really mean?
Old 02-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #16
Life and times of...

I'm guessing it's supposed to be Ikuinen Nukkuja, meaning Eternal Sleeper.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:38 PM   #17

Ah, Nukkuja) I forgot the right name)) And if it means Eternal sleeper I do not see any mistake in translation then.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #18

This might bring me back to adventure games - seeing that it's both 3D (love, love 3d) and, from what some of you have reported, easy to play. I adore "easy" - I don't have a mind anymore - maybe I never did. I also love that "secret society, mystery" thing that our intrepid investigators have to uncover. The downloads were nicely moody. I really hope an English language version gets released - soon.

My blog - http://www.amarez.com
My twitter - http://www.twitter.com/amareze
Old 02-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #19

I liked the demo but I have too many other games to play right now so I won't get it yet. Maybe some time down the road when I got nothing else to play. Seems like it's a good game but not a great game.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:55 AM   #20

@ FIENEPIEN

You´re signature is telling me that you´re playing this at the moment.
This game is on my wishlist !
I´d like to know how you like it so far