You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Trying to recall an old (black and white) mac adventure game.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2008, 03:32 AM   #1

Default Trying to recall an old (black and white) mac adventure game.

For a year or so, I've been trying to hunt down a pretty old mac adventure game I used to play. I played it in the mid 90s, it was first person, and it was black and white.

I can only remember certain parts of the game, but haven't been able to come up with a name. So I'm hoping that you guys can help me out. Here's what I remember.

Near the beginning you pass by a tree, and for some reason or other you have the option to climb it. I think you're trying to save a cat. If you climb up the tree, a limb breaks underneath you, and you break your leg, game over. A good bit further into the game, you're in a hallway and someone taps on your shoulder, should you turn around, you see thugs (I'm pretty sure they were dressed up like jesters), and you get a game over. And it may of been purely an interactive fiction kind of game. That's all I can remember. I know it's not the best description, but it's all I have.

If you have any idea at all, throw 'em at me.

Also, in my search I found a game called Spear of Destiny, made by a company called Lemming Software. The only information about it I've found is from this website: http://www.d4.dion.ne.jp/~motohiko/8...stle.htm#spear Anyone have any information on that?

Sorry for asking so much, but this stuff has been bugging me lately.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:06 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

The only black & white, first-person adventure that I can recall for Mac was Cosmic Osmo and the Worlds beyond the Mackerel, by the Cyan Brothers.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 12-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #3

I'll check it out, thank you.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
The only black & white, first-person adventure that I can recall for Mac was Cosmic Osmo and the Worlds beyond the Mackerel, by the Cyan Brothers.
There were also the MacVenture games (Deja Vu, Uninvited, Shadowgate and Deja Vu II), but the description doesn't fit any of them. And a bunch of World Builder games. I don't remember any of those that fits the description either, but I only played a few of them.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:37 PM   #5

Yeah, I'm starting to worry that it's just a random World Builder game. I'll have to broaden my search.