You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure NEW!! buy the "i hate lucasarts t-shirt now!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2004, 04:27 AM   #1
Helooooo Bessie!

Send a message via MSN to dave_minall
Default NEW!! buy the "i hate lucasarts t-shirt now!!

Buy the I hate lucasarts t-shirt now!! wear it everywhere in hope the back-stabbing bastards see you!!**

**offer not available on earth**
Pirate: A beard?!?
Old 03-08-2004, 04:44 AM   #2
Under pressure.

A white shirt with a red X?

--Erwin
Old 03-08-2004, 06:20 AM   #3

Isn't this getting a little out of hand?
I know I am tired of all these pointless Lucas Art bashing threads. Can't you just keep posting in the ones we already have?
Besides, I think we're all forgetting that Lucas Arts actually did bring us some of our favorite adventure games of all times.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:40 AM   #4
Prove it all night

Send a message via MSN to James

We, nor LucasArts, cannot afford to dwell on past successes. If that were the case, innovation would be heretical. LucasArts maintains some of the most original IPs in the genre, if not the industry - and it's a terrible pity it has lost the great minds behind them. One has to query why there has been a steady trickle of talented folk leaving LEC over the years, and indeed who will be next, in light of the Sam N Max disaster.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." - Thomas Edward Lawrence
Old 03-08-2004, 07:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordic_guy
Besides, I think we're all forgetting that Lucas Arts actually did bring us some of our favorite adventure games of all times.
Actually, I think that's why people are so mad. They remember Lucasarts great past, which makes this recent "betrayal" (or whatever you want to call it) all the more painful.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:21 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via MSN to RaMa

I agree. But I also agree it's not necesary to make new LA hate threads on these forums. Just stick to the first ones.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:32 AM   #7
iddqd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Horse
Actually, I think that's why people are so mad. They remember Lucasarts great past, which makes this recent "betrayal" (or whatever you want to call it) all the more painful.
I agree... I tried to order the Mega Monkey Bundle from them this morning and it is on back order for a month! THAT MAKES ME MORE ANGRY!!! nah just kidding... Seems like Lucasarts has shafted my future hopes for games AND my past hopes
Old 03-08-2004, 10:45 AM   #8
Escaped Monkey Island

I'm also sad about s&m, but the hate tshirt takes it a little to far for me. If LA is putting down adventure games, then it was good while it lasted and we will all remember and play the classics. But I have faith that other companies will step up and take the wheel of the genre.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:56 AM   #9

Anything short of bombing the Lucas Arts HQ wouldn't be going to far for me.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey