You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure A Vampyre Story Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney View Post
And there is the quinessential demo, Freddy Pharkus Frontier Pharmacist, that was a game unto itself, and borrowed nothing but the characters from the actual game. Again, a purchase no-brainer. Although this was back in the days when budgets were larger, and buying a floppy-disk-based game for $50US wasn't unusual.

The Al Emmo demo, (love the way that rolls off the tongue,) came close to FPFP,
I remember that! I loved FPFP's demo, and I think SQ6's demo was the same thing. Is Al Emmo's demo the same also!?
Were there more adventure games which demos were a standalone, independant "mini advanture game"? I want to play all of those

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggreen737 View Post
even a political joke or two thrown into the mix (look in the fiery window in the dungeon).
Oh, I thought that one was a hit at Lucas, LOL

I also have some questions about A Vampyre Story:

Spoiler:
1. How did the Banshee door got opened? I remember that it was locked, and I did nothing special and later it was suddenly unlocked.

2. Who said we needed a black cloth? All I know is that I was looking for it, but I didn't remember who told Mona that she needs it. I loaded earlier saves to repeat the gypsy conversations, but it doesn't seem to be her... anyone remembers?

3. What did the gypsy talked about in the end? And whom did she talk to!?
Old 02-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #242

Finally decided I'd get this game. Despite the ultra-cheesiness, I like it. Pretty visuals and neat music. Mona is super annoying, but she sort of grows on you (well, your mileage may vary).
Old 02-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #243

I really like this game. Humor is funny at some parts, the setting is great and characters are adorable. For people who are about to start with the game, I would recommend installing the patch first, because it fixes some major puzzle bugs.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #244

Man, Ive been looking for this one... I really want to play this. I hope that it would come to the wii, would be neat though.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh View Post
I also have some questions about A Vampyre Story:

Spoiler:
1. How did the Banshee door got opened? I remember that it was locked, and I did nothing special and later it was suddenly unlocked.

2. Who said we needed a black cloth? All I know is that I was looking for it, but I didn't remember who told Mona that she needs it. I loaded earlier saves to repeat the gypsy conversations, but it doesn't seem to be her... anyone remembers?

3. What did the gypsy talked about in the end? And whom did she talk to!?
Spoiler:
1. Not sure depends on what door you are talking about.

2. Read, (oops forgot Mona doesn't read) I mean, have Fredrick read the Vampires for Dummies manual.

3. If you are talking about the dark ghostly thing that possesses her then you should already know that it's Shrowdy's evil essence.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #246

I've been trying to track down the collector's edition of this game but no online retailer (that I could find) stock it.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

EDIT: woo, amazon.de has it! yay!

Last edited by xsive; 09-20-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:18 AM   #247
J.H
Frak.

I bought it a wile ago but didn't get far, didn't like the main char and the 3D sprites on 2D backgrounds looked awful.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #248

Anything new on a port to the Wii of this game?
Old 09-26-2009, 09:44 AM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
even if they used just subtitles and no English voice actors.

I'll shut up about Edna now.
Subtitles translation isn't a big leap. It's very inexpensive. Voice acting of course will cost some extra money.

Although I'm really wondering why they didn't release an English version in the first place. They even sell the Russian version. So what is the big deal with EN? I mean, if you want to have success mainstream-wise you need to put EN into your franchise.