You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure I'm missing CD1 of Gabriel Knight 3

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
Roman5

Default I'm missing CD1 of Gabriel Knight 3

I've not been able to continue GK3 which has saved games from a long time ago (since 2nd september 2005) because I've misplaced CD1. In my GK3 jewel case, I have CD2 and CD3, but when loading the game it does say insert CD1. Now, would it be very wrong to download just CD1 from a torrent?

Last edited by Roman5; 10-28-2008 at 08:16 AM.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
Super Moderator

It's still illegal, even if you do do that. Morally okay, but morals don't count for anything in law.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #3
Roman5

True enough Dale. But since I can prove I bought and own a genuine copy of the game, would that not count for something?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #4

Mate, my personal advice is just do what you have to do. Legally, morally, whatever. You at some point in time PAID for that game. Yes, you lost your copy, and downloading as we all know is wrong blah blah, but put it this way.

Can you walk into any shop and buy this game now? No. Can you ebay it? Yes...and the makers of the game get...nothing. So either way your only potentially ripping off somebody like yourself selling their old games.

And yes i will prob get stick for this answer but what the hell. I say just go for it.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
Roman5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFly View Post
Mate, my personal advice is just do what you have to do. Legally, morally, whatever. You at some point in time PAID for that game. Yes, you lost your copy, and downloading as we all know is wrong blah blah, but put it this way.

Can you walk into any shop and buy this game now? No. Can you ebay it? Yes...and the makers of the game get...nothing. So either way your only potentially ripping off somebody like yourself selling their old games.

And yes i will prob get stick for this answer but what the hell. I say just go for it.
Ok, I took your advice because I agree. I even posted the picture the other day of the GK3 box in the collectibles thread, so I don't feel too guilty. It's great, my saved games now load perfectly and I can finally resume GK3. Can't remember, is there a way to make him run instead of just walk?

Old 10-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #6
Old timer - Adv. Addict

Why should you feel guilty at all? You bought the game, at this point Sierra can't replace your lost CD, which they probably would've back then; I'm no lawyer but I find it hard to believe you would ever get in trouble, yeah like anybody really gets in trouble anyway , over this. YOU BOUGHT THE GAME!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:55 PM   #7

You can't make Gabriel or Grace run, but they'll always be behind the camera. If you move the camera across the room and they're not in frame they'll enter the scene like they're directly behind the camera if you click on something.

Good times!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #8

The escape key is your best friend in this game. Click on anything and hit escape and you're there.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #9

Glad to see my advice was taken!