You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Murder on the orient express

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
Roman5

Default Murder on the orient express

I just finished it. I enjoyed most of the game but found myself not really following the finer details of the suspects and being almost totally lost during the final section of the game when everyone is called together for poirot's summarisations. Bit of a complicated plot really. At that point I couldn't wait for the game to be over. Anyone else feel the same? I enjoyed ATTWN more I think.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:26 AM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

I didn't finish this one, I just couldn't get into it. I really liked ATTWN's atmosphere and suspense but with Murder on the Orient Express, I felt like I could never find that last little clue Poirot wanted me to find and I wasn't really enjoying myself. I bought Evil Under the Sun but haven't tried it out yet.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #3
It's just me

I enjoyed all three games so far, but Murder on the Orient Express is clearly my least favorite. And the strange thing is I don't even know why. Perhaps it was the setting, which didn't appeal to me somehow. Or maybe it was Antoinette Marceau herself, and her distinct lack of personality. Or perhaps the whole experience didn't feel right for me. Nevertheless, I'm planning on revisiting it again soon and see how it goes this time.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #4

I just thought it was fine. Damning with faint praise, I guess. I think that there is so much more that they could have done with this franchise. How about evil under the sun? is that any better? Im thinking of buying it. Yes, Orient Express had its grueling moments, but honestly for me, most games do.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #5
Roman5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
. Or maybe it was Antoinette Marceau herself, and her distinct lack of personality.

Her voice actor was pretty rubbish. Quite a lot of the time the tone of her voice sounded like she'd have been better suited to a tellytubbies game than a serious investigator. And when she said 'passengers' she said PARSSengers.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #6

Murder on the Orient Express is my favorite of the Agatha Christie games. The only thing I didn't like about it was how buggy it was, and it crashed on me a lot.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #7

You know, it's funny, when I first played this game, I was unaware of its connections to Agatha Christie. I only realized the connection recently when I really started getting into mystery novels.