You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Playable demo of The Colour of Murder released

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
tsa
Playing character

Default Playable demo of The Colour of Murder released

I am eagerly awaiting the release of The Colour of Murder, by MDNA Games. They now have a demo on their website, here. Get it while it's hot!

Edit: on the same page there is a link to the game's musical theme!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
tsa
Playing character

Noone seems to care. Amazing.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #3

Default Colour of Murder Demo & Walkthru

A playable demo of the fifth Carol Reed Game, The Colour of Murder” has just been uploaded. The full game is due to be officually rekeased before November 1st (2008 !!). http://www.mdna-games.com/Colour/demo.htm

The Developers have added 2 interesting inovations this time.
**** The first is a nice introductory tutorial... very well implemented and particularly useful for Newbie Quest/Adventure players
**** The second is a built in comprehensive Hint System No matter where you are in the game, if you’re stuck just acess the HS. Do you remember the built in HS in the Tex Murphy games ? Well this one is as good and maybe even better.

Building-in such a detaiked HS was VERY far from a trivial job --- I can vouch for that! Since the game is pretty non-linear it is extremely difficult to devise hints which cover any one of the huge number of different routes each individuat player takea on his journey, and at the same time avoid giving advance spoilers.

Actually this HS obviates the need for a walhthrough (for those that use then whenever). Nevertheless I have wriien one for those who use them. The demo version has been posted and the full version will be posted simultaneously with the official release of the game.
http://www.justadventure.com/Walkthr...urderDemo.shtm
[URL="http://www.justadventure.com/Walkthroughs/ColourOfMurder/ColourOfMurderDemo.shtm"]
All in all, every one of the 4 previous annual Swedish ( Norrköping… Mikael & Eleen Nyqvist ) Carol games has been better than its predecessor, and I believe that this #5 will continue that tradition.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Noone seems to care. Amazing.
How can you expect people to care when they have a website like that
Old 10-15-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
Restless Dreamer

Anyone else getting this error message after installing and trying to run the demo?

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_34.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I'm running Vista.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #6
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Green View Post
The Developers have added 2 interesting inovations this time.
**** The first is a nice introductory tutorial... very well implemented and particularly useful for Newbie Quest/Adventure players
**** The second is a built in comprehensive Hint System No matter where you are in the game, if you’re stuck just acess the HS. Do you remember the built in HS in the Tex Murphy games ? Well this one is as good and maybe even better.

Building-in such a detaiked HS was VERY far from a trivial job --- I can vouch for that! Since the game is pretty non-linear it is extremely difficult to devise hints which cover any one of the huge number of different routes each individuat player takea on his journey, and at the same time avoid giving advance spoilers.
Wow, that makes the game even more than just very interesting! Amazing what two people can do if they put their minds to it. I will not play the demo but wait for the finished game instead. Thanks for the info Len.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_m View Post
Anyone else getting this error message after installing and trying to run the demo?

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_34.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I'm running Vista.
Have you installed DirectX 9? Vista comes with DirectX 10, but I had to install 9 to get slightly older games to work. I recall getting a similar error as this. Here is a link to download DirectX 9 from Microsoft. Hope that helps.

-Wesley