Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   A Rare Sam & Max Comic (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/2345-rare-sam-max-comic.html)

HieroHero 03-06-2004 11:22 PM

A Rare Sam & Max Comic

while im drowning in my sorrows after the cancelation i thought id post up a rare sam & max comic that wasnt in the collected...

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hier...mnmaxcomic.jpg

Swordmaster 03-06-2004 11:31 PM

Just for the record, that's one of the "newer" comics from The Adventurer, published in 1996.

HieroHero 03-07-2004 12:02 AM

u know ive still got all my old "adventurer" mags from all those years ago... ahh the good old days..

Jake 03-07-2004 12:09 AM

Anyone looking for some more quick Sam & Max comics might want to check the comic shorts page on the Unofficial Sam & Max site. (that CMI-themed pirate comic is even on there too :))

Also, HieroHero, any chance of somehow convincing you to scan in all of those old Adventurers, if you really have them? We've been looking for them to archive on Mixnmojo for quite a while but I've only got three or so issues...

D.C. 03-07-2004 12:37 AM

Even though I've read that before, it was still entertaining. :)

DustCropper 03-07-2004 01:20 AM

Does anyone have a link to this old Sam & Max flash cartoon. The premise, I remember, had something to do with aliens and surgery. It was kinda cute, and it's been a while since I've seen it... I've searched on Google but didn't have much luck.. maybe someone here can help? Thanks!

Darth Valkyre 03-07-2004 06:17 AM

Flash cartoon

Moosferatu 03-07-2004 07:46 AM

8-)
That was awesome!

Kolzig 03-07-2004 08:07 AM

wow, that was great!

I have never seen that before.

eriq 03-07-2004 08:45 AM

OOOOOOOOOH! Wow! excellent little animation strip. What a great little concept too.

For me, this totally shows the type of humour Sam & Max exude. They don't even need to talk in this piece and their insane personality comes through. It's a very wickedly twisted kind and I just love it.

And it's made by LucasArts staff! ;)

OOOOH! how sad they cancelled the game!

djsouza 03-07-2004 08:48 AM

Very funny cartoon!:)

Are there any more of them?:confused:

Tanukitsune 03-07-2004 09:09 AM

I remember when a PC magazine in Spain published those strips at the same time more or less, but this one I haven't seen before! :D

Jake 03-07-2004 10:59 AM

There's only one Sam & Max flashtoon. The site it was originally hosted on never really took off - I think it and a few other flash shorts were sort of a pitch/demo reel sent out to people for funding, in hopes of starting another icebox.com- or shockwave.com-style weekly flash cartoon theater website. At least we have that one with the alien autopsy though.

Erwin_Br 03-07-2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
There's only one Sam & Max flashtoon. The site it was originally hosted on never really took off - I think it and a few other flash shorts were sort of a pitch/demo reel sent out to people for funding, in hopes of starting another icebox.com- or shockwave.com-style weekly flash cartoon theater website. At least we have that one with the alien autopsy though.

Yes, I remember seeing this Flash toon a one or two years back. I totally forgot about it, so I was pleased to see it again. I hope Purcell does one again soon :)

--Erwin

DustCropper 03-07-2004 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Valkyre

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for! :)

Skinkie 03-07-2004 07:46 PM

How is the game cancellation gonna affect the Surfin the Highway rerelease that was being planned?

remixor 03-07-2004 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinkie
How is the game cancellation gonna affect the Surfin the Highway rerelease that was being planned?

Whoa there, what the whoa hey what?

Jake 03-07-2004 09:31 PM

Someone clearly doesn't read samandmax.net :) The news ("news") about the comic reprint is a few posts down (called 'new comic and game rumors') or something like that.

remixor 03-07-2004 10:01 PM

Samandmax.net? Whoa there, what the whoa hey what?

Skinkie 03-08-2004 08:17 AM

Mind boggleing eh?