You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Nintendo conference in Japan revealed something nice...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #1

Default Nintendo conference in Japan revealed something nice...

Another Code R

Ashley Mizuki Robbins of Another Code (Trace Memory) fame, is hitting the Wii sometime next year in Japan. Wiimake?... Sequel? Hard to tell with so little to go on, though I think she looks a bit older, so perhaps this game relates
Spoiler:
"To you, on your sweet 16"
?

First footage of the game can be seen here (2:34 - 2:39)...
Nintendo Japan Fall '08 Conference, Wii Lineup

Last edited by yanya; 10-02-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #2
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Hmm, must admit I'm surprised no one’s discussing this yet given the popularity of the DS original, perhaps this might help:

It looks to me more like a sequel than a remake - one of the screenshots appears to show a policeman type guy who’s wasn't in the original. Considering how inventive they managed to make the puzzles on the DS, it should be interesting to see what they can do with a wii remote.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 10-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #3

I'm wondering, seeing as Nintendo wants to get more connectivity between the Wii and DS, if that might factor in somehow as well. Nothing necessary of course, but making it an option at certain points in the game would be nice.

Also, they need to make it so my Wii can read the game in my DS. If the original Trace Memory's in there, it changes Ashley into her old outfit. I like her new shirt, but the old one's a classic.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
Super Moderator

It got discussed a bit in this thread in the General forum. But it's appropriate to have a thread in adventure just for this game so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

I loved Trace Memory/Another Code. I don't have a Wii yet, but this game may push me towards getting one.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #5

Can't wait for this one. I've loved both of Cing's DS games and the Wii screenshots and video of Another Code R look really cool. Hopefully Hotel Dusk 2 is on its way afterwards
Old 10-07-2008, 07:29 AM   #6
fov
Rattenmonster

For some reason, this announcement makes me nervous. I loved the DS game and I guess I'm worried about how it'll translate onto the Wii. Part of what I loved about the original was the simplicity of the graphics and of course they will have to be different in a Wii version. Scaling down a Wii (or PC) game to the DS seems like it'd be an easier thing to do than scaling up a DS game to the Wii.

Then again, as others have pointed out, this might be a completely new game and at the very least it seems they're doing new stuff with the graphics and the interface compared to the original. I should just relax until more is known.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:18 AM   #7
A Servicable Villain

Since it wouldn't make much sense to do a remake on the Wii of a three year old DS title that was quite wel publicized, I'm guessing it'll be a sequel. And I have no problems with that! Concerning puzzles, I'm curious what they'll come up with. Even the DS version soon cycled through most of its tricks, and that was a way more diverse machine (you can't clap in your Wii, after all!). Maybe the emphasis here will be more on regular puzzles instead of gimmicky ones?

At least I hope it'll be less linear and more engaging puzzle wise (or maybe I'm letting Hotel Dusk's lack of puzzles get the better of me now). The plot and atmosphere at least were very strong, so I'm looking forward to this game =)
Old 10-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #8
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

I'm reluctantly interested in the 3rd person Ace Attorney game featuring Miles Edgeworth which was formally announced at Tokyo Game Show last week.

This game, maybe not so much... but then again I didn't play Trace Memory. If it's by the same people who made Hotel Dusk I don't know if I can be bothered, sadly.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:49 AM   #9
fov
Rattenmonster

I don't think there's much comparison between Hotel Dusk and Trace Memory. I mean, they're similar games, but Trace Memory doesn't fall into the silly adventure game cliches that Hotel Dusk did (no knocking on random doors to figure out who you're supposed to deliver a wine bottle to, for example). I remember feeling that Hotel Dusk started out like Trace Memory, but the designers wanted to make it a longer game so they crammed in some arbitrary puzzles that ended up making it a lot less fun.

Good to hear the Ace Attorney spinoff was formally announced! I love Edgeworth.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #10
full of tricks

Uh oh, there have been some rumours floating about that Nintendo of America are not considering on bringing this over to the states. Nothing's been officially confirmed/denied yet, but maybe they saw how Zack & Wiki bombed in sales and don't feel the game will make enough $$$. A real shame if that is the case.

I hope Nintendo Europe will feel differently.

The game is only a month away (5th Feb) from a Japanese release, and looks to be shaping up pretty well! New gameplay videos have been released on the official website: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rnoj/index.html

Some nice people have uploaded them onto Youtube. Watch it now as you may not be able to play it! (*cries*)

Gameplay Video 1 - Exploring the town

Gameplay Video 2 - Investigating area and objects

Gameplay Video 3 - Talking with people (Doesn't seem to be any voice acting)

Gameplay Video 4 - Interacting objects using Wii controls

Some more nice screenshots over at this site: http://www.pro-gamers.fr/index.php/N...er-Code-R.html

Aaaannd here's the nice looking JPN box cover for all to admire:

C'mon Nintendo, bring this game over here!
Old 01-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #11
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

The story in Another Code wasn't so good, but the puzzles were great, incredibly well done to demonstrate the possibilities of the DS back in 2005.

I like the way this game looks, I've heard only positive stuff about this, but I guess it will not be bought by me as rather surprisingly I don't even now yet have a Wii. I only have my trusty single core PC and my DS and bunch of old Sega consoles.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #12
Certified Peter Pan

I have a Wii and love it for certain features...but my TV resolution is terrible. I'm a PC gamer, especially for atmospheric adventures and graphic-intensive games, not to mention user-created maps, etc. How do you console folks deal with a TV res? Do you all have HD?
Old 01-31-2009, 05:11 AM   #13
full of tricks

Well, the Wii doesn't output HD resolutions. The best the Wii can do is 480p, so any decent widescreen TV should do.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #14
full of tricks

*bump*

English trailer is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5psQjWMFzE

26th June European release

Edit:-

webpage is up (although under construction): http://www.anothercode.co.uk/

Last edited by Trickless; 04-24-2009 at 02:09 AM.