You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008, 11:33 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to Sandman
Default Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon

Finally I got to play the game. The game restores the name of the king of vampires which was earlier tarnished by the Dracula: Origin game.

Dracula 1 & 2 are amongst the few 1st person games I like, primarily due to their environment & a little bit touch of horror. The 1st 2 failed to scare me & the 3rd one isn't close enough to do so either (like Scratches & Darkness Within had a little bit). Nevertheless; the game is quite good. The voice acting is good, it has a bit slow (controlled) 3D rotation which is good thing as it prevents from having migraine & headaches.

For the fans of 1st view games, horror games as well as fans of Dracula 1 & 2 should enjoy it.

If nothing else, it is still quite better then the "Origin."
Old 09-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #2

I'm really persuaded to try this game, after reading the review. But I wonder how much it plays like other Kheops games? Don't get me wrong, I like their games, but after playing a few of them they start to feel a little cookie-cutter-ish, if you know what I mean. So I wonder about such similarities in Dracula 3. I haven't played Dracula 1 and 2. It seems like there are a lot of vampire and Dracula games these days, it's a little confusing.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #3

i'm very interested in the game. too bad there is no demo. i'd like to try it first to get a sense of the puzzles/controls. Like the nikolai demo earlier today. that demo really convinced me to keep a closer look on that game.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:30 AM   #4

I finished the game earlier today. My over all thoughts are that I enjoyed Dracula 1 & 2 more then the 3rd part. Also to tell you that this part is not the continuation of story from part 1 & 2. A completely different story.

It was good attempt on behalf of the writers to go through the history of Vlad Tepes from whom the name & character of Dracula is inspired. I am quite curious as to why no man, who has taken the subject of Dracula, ever considered to make Dracula headless? ---> after Vlad's assassination his head was chopped off & sent to Istanbul (capital of Ottoman Empire) where it was preserved to show to people that the brutal tyrant was dead. His body & head are still missing. In his two potential graves archeologists discovered that one contained bones of a dog & another one was empty (thus began the myth that he walks).

Anyways & nevertheless; the game is quite enjoyable. Again as I said before it is waaaay much better then Dracula Origin. At least it is until the end. The end was amazingly weaker then I expected & a bit disappointing. However, if you wait a while after the ending the makers will make up for it.

Those who like good story, may be a little bit turned off, but if you lie good logical & a bit difficult puzzles then this has got few good ones.

> Voice acting is nice & so is character animation.

> Not a least bit scary.

> Leaving the puzzles aside one can easily play the whole game on his/her own.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #5

thanks for the continued information. again i don't know. they should release a demo or something. with big games often its a good idea not to release a demo cause people will probably break and just get it. but with smaller ones/not well known games all a demo is really going to do is convince people to get it.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I just played the very first day, in-game, and I'm actually impressed.

The developers did a great job in detailing the background, both fictional and historical, and graphics add a nice touch to the creepy atmosphere. The musical score is also extremely good, amazing: there are some themes, especially during the cutscenes, that really gave me the creeps!

I'm looking forward finishing this title, which - for the tidbits I've seen - is way, way better than the first two.

A mystery: why put a "3" in the title? This game is totally unconnected to the previous two, thus a Dracula: The Path of the Dragon would have been much more fitting!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 09-20-2008, 01:38 PM   #7

I finished it this morning and I think this game was great. Beautiful graphics, very smooth motion and character animation. The sudden transitions from day to night when you entered certain environments was a little jarring, but otherwisse I think they hit it bang on with the sets and the atmosphere. It wasn't very scary, but it keeps up the level of creepiness with flickering shadows, glowing eyes, throbbing pulses, laboured breath; a couple times I felt a little panicked or claustrophobic. I thought the music, sounds and voice were all excellent.

I thought the puzzles in the game were complex, interesting and well designed, although occasionally a little too esoteric. It could have been a little more balanced, sometimes I felt too much led by the hand, other times, over my head. I loved the Library puzzle - that SHOULD have been in The Abbey. I had some exciting Eureka! moments, but I also had to consult a walkthrough a few times to point me towards some obscure connections. There's a lot to keep track of but the interface is well organized and there's help if you need it. The dialogue journal got pretty chunky, I wish you could have sorted it by speaker.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the way the main puzzle is integrated throughout the entire plot, story and puzzles are very well woven together.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:37 AM   #8
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
A mystery: why put a "3" in the title? This game is totally unconnected to the previous two, thus a Dracula: The Path of the Dragon would have been much more fitting!

Because the game progress through time and not story.

Spoiler:
After the end you watch a preview of the next game, which takes place during World War 2. Operation: D was one of Hitlers little projects. So the game will surround the revival of Dracula by Hitler.

I thought the game was pretty fun. Plus the puzzles were pretty indepth.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:13 AM   #9

Right now I've just finished the Kruger Test on the blood samples, and I'm really intrigued by the game.

Really good, creepy atmosphere; wonderful music and voice acting; amazing graphics. One of the most fun adventures I've played in months, and the puzzles are indeed very good, complex, historically detailed and deeply interwoven in the story and the background. Although, in my opinion, some of them are really too obscure (I'm pointing directly at the Library Puzzle), the general quality is very high: sometimes, certain puzzles - or even certain situations, or the depth's degree in certain locations/books/painting - remained me of Le Serpent Rouge, which is one of the most major compliments I can do to the game!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:31 AM   #10

I finished Dracula - The Path of the Dragon. Some thoughts.

I really liked the visual appearance of Dracula. For those of you who know the World of Darkness and Vampire: The Masquerade, I can add that he has a distinct Tzimisce feeling that I like way more than the previous two games' depiction.

The musical score is one of the best of the past few years, in my opinion. And it helps to build a strong atmosphere - I must admit that in a moment or two I really jumped on my chair, and some locations are really spooky and creepy.

I also liked the puzzles, until those found in the final rush, when they become too standalone and a little contrived, for my taste.

All in all, a good game, way better than Dracula: Origin.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:39 AM   #11

I'm convinced. I'll be getting this game right away!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #12

You won't be bored even if you are disappointed
Old 10-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #13
Schättenjager

A suprisingly good playable ag, maybe the best example of first person ag this year.

Last edited by Gabe; 10-11-2008 at 04:05 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:51 AM   #14
Schattenjäger

I highly enjoyed Dracula3 and i can only recommend it to experienced players who like strong storylines and an impressing atmosphere.
Some of the puzzles were really hard , and i think some puzzles have their flaws, but the story always motivated me to go on.
I think the way that Kheops mixed fiction and facts here is pretty impressing and storywise this was the best adventure for me this year.
I really disliked Dracula Origin and i was very pleased to see that Dracula3 managed to get some new ideas out of the whole context and delivered a strong overall package.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #15

Default help

hi i am arwa from syria i want from you to help me in this game dracula 3 the path of the dragon .
i stuck in decoder how i must to use the drcoder what the first point i must do it please if you played in this game explain to me this puzzle . thanks
please write to me in my mail dairreem552000@yahoo .com

I really liked the visual appearance of Dracula. For those of you who know the World of Darkness and Vampire: The Masquerade, I can add that he has a distinct Tzimisce feeling that I like way more than the previous two games' depiction.

The musical score is one of the best of the past few years, in my opinion. And it helps to build a strong atmosphere - I must admit that in a moment or two I really jumped on my chair, and some locations are really spooky and creepy.

I also liked the puzzles, until those found in the final rush, when they become too standalone and a little contrived, for my taste.

All in all, a good game, way better than Dracula: Origin.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #16
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwa-4 View Post
hi i am arwa from syria i want from you to help me in this game dracula 3 the path of the dragon .
i stuck in decoder how i must to use the drcoder what the first point i must do it please if you played in this game explain to me this puzzle . thanks
please write to me in my mail dairreem552000@yahoo .com
Welcome to AG arwa. Have a look in this thread and feel free to ask your question there as well if you don't find an answer there. That's where we keep the hint requests.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwa-4 View Post
Extremely true! A bit of Tzimisce and also a bit of Nosferatu, with just a little bit of Ravnos flavor (the gypsy fortune-teller )

Old 10-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #18
Mean Old Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
Extremely true! A bit of Tzimisce and also a bit of Nosferatu, with just a little bit of Ravnos flavor (the gypsy fortune-teller )
I think you just replied to a quote of yourself...

This game was a very nice surprise! Sadly, many new AGs these days leave me feeling unmoved, if not straight out bored (Dracula: Origin was a trite, rushedly realized, incredibly predictable piece of garbage IMO), but this one I actually really liked. It had great atmosphere and an intriguing plot. The puzzles were rather on the too-difficult side as others have mentioned before me, but I like that the creators made an effort to at least make them original.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:14 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaFratelli View Post
I think you just replied to a quote of yourself...
You're right
I'm such a dork: I didn't realize.

But, hey, that's true: I was (and am) totally right!

Argh you people who don't quote!

myself

Old 12-14-2008, 03:48 AM   #20

Just finished the game.
I must say it started pretty good...but after one point some of the puzzles became too difficult for my taste to enjoy the game...I had to resort to a walkthrough for most of them. Some of them were pretty good, even if I wasn't able to solve them. There were some bad ones though...the last dialogue puzzle wasn't that great for example... annoying trial and error puzzle..
It was a nice game overall.