You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Thoughts on Drascula?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 01:48 AM   #1

Default Thoughts on Drascula?

I've just seen on the ScummVM page that Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back (an older game from the developers of The Abbey) was recently released as freeware – but I can't seem to find much info about it anywhere. Does anyone know what it's like and if it's worth playing? (I know I could just download it and give it a try, but I don't have much time for games now, so I'd rather have some opinions on a game before devoting time to it.)
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 09-07-2008, 03:11 AM   #2
The Quiet One

Glad someone brought this up actually, because i've just tried it and i'm not so sure about it. The graphics are fine, considering when it was done ('96), and therefore looks like a classic LucasArts game. And because it's a vampire game it seemed ideal. But the problem for me is the voice acting/translation. Not very good imo. The subtitles don't even match the lines of dialogue most of the time, the voice acting is cringeworthy in parts and the jokes just seemed to fall flat.

Try it though and see for yourself.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 09-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #3

I have and agree with you. It is bad enough that I have no interest in playing it, anymore.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #4

That's good news!

Hope more of those hard-to-find adventuregames from the nineties will be made freeware!

Thank you Alcachofa Soft for making Drascula a freeware game, and ScummVM for making it playable on a contemporary PC!

Will download it from the ScummVM page tonite
Old 09-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #5

Have downloaded and installed Drascula, and it seems to run perfectly under ScummVM