You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure games with mini games or the like

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #1

Default Adventure games with mini games or the like

At the moment I feel like playing an adventure game that doesn't entirely consist of "traditional" puzzles. It could be mini games naturally implemented within the game, or just about anything else. Preferably a game with a good story.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe something that has been released within the past 8-10 years, since I'm not in a retro mode right now
Old 09-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
Caffein Queen

Hard when we don't know which games you've already played - but these I think was fun.

Nancy Drew: Phantom of Venice.
It has Scopa(fun italien card game) and Dancing routines(click the right lights on stage by listening to various sounds or see colorlights)
Personally I kept coming back to dance over and over . and you earn euros by doing it, lol.

WANTED: A wild western adventure (The Westerner)
With an old kind of fairground shoot-em down cardboard men

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 09-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #3

Sherlock Holmes Vs Arsene Lupin had quite a few mini games... also Dracula Origin from what I've seen in the demo... if those are the type of mini games you mean...
Old 09-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions.

I could maybe have mentioned some of the adventure games with mini games I've played. So I'll do that now

Actually, if I remember correctly, it's limited to a single game, Sam & Max Hit the Road.

I might give The Westerner and Sherlock Holmes vs. Arsene Lupin a shot.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #5

Well the minigames in the games I mentioned are more like logic puzzles. If you're looking for minigames like Sam & Max's car bomb game, you should check out the new Sam & Max games.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:07 AM   #6

Nancy Drew 11, Curse of Blackmoor Manor has a couple of mini-games. They can be played as much as you want. There is a jigsaw puzzle, a match 3 game, a go-fish game and a dice game.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:54 AM   #7

Thanks.

I'm basically thinking of all types of mini games/puzzles that don't feel like traditional puzzles - I like that in adventure games for variations sake.

I guess I would define mini games as "puzzles" that require other/more skills from the player than thinking/logic, as traditional puzzles tend to. But besides that it could be anything.

I.e. I see the controlling of the submarine or air balloons in Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis as mini games.

Last edited by Jannik; 09-09-2008 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:04 AM   #8
vio

So Blonde has a variety of (skippable) mini-games

Inherit The Earth had at least one, a jigsaw, I forget if there were others

Broken Sword 4 had a 'hacker' mini-game which popped up fairly frequently throughout the course of the game

Omikron: Nomad Soul has several action sequences, either in first person shooter or beat-em-up style