Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Post apocalypse/sci fi games (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/23174-post-apocalypse-sci-fi-games.html)

IdoSka 08-26-2008 06:12 AM

Post apocalypse/sci fi games

Hello, i'm new to this forum, and i wasn't quiate sure where to put this subject down. Oh yes and sorry for my english, if there will be any mistakes :).

well i'm just wondering if you can tell me some of the adventure games (point n' click or else), with post apocalytic subject, or sci fi, with aliens and that stuff =)

HF!

Lucien21 08-26-2008 06:46 AM

Well I'm currently playing The Immortals of Terra: A Perry Rhodan Adventure which so far is freaking ACE.

It's very Sci-Fi based on a successful German book series (there are 1000's of stories)

Post Apocalypic game...Now that would be cool.

tastebud 08-26-2008 09:40 AM

I recommend Beneath a Steel Sky (which is now freeware) and The Dig which is the best sci fi adventure I can think of right now. Both are pretty old though.

mosdl 08-26-2008 11:12 AM

The Blade Runner game is both Scifi and Post Apocalyptic. I also concur with Beneath a Steel Sky (free and runs on any platform from http://scummvm.sourceforge.net) and the Perry Rhodan game.

kadji-kun 08-26-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosdl (Post 480013)
The Blade Runner game is both Scifi and Post Apocalyptic. I also concur with Beneath a Steel Sky (free and runs on any platform from http://scummvm.sourceforge.net) and the Perry Rhodan game.

For the record, its Cyberpunk and not Post Apocalyptic. The economy and the world is still in tact.

aries323 08-26-2008 01:45 PM

There is Perry Rhodan - as mentioned. Then there is also Culpa Innata which is game set in the near future (2020 or so?) Blade Runner is also made into an adventure game. It is a bit old, though, so it might be hard to get.

colpet 08-26-2008 03:03 PM

Most of these are older games:
Chronomaster
Drowned God
Journeyman Project trilogy (great time travel games)
Lightbringer (AKA Cydonia)
Rama
Stupid Invaders
The Ward
Voyage

Methodical MaN 08-28-2008 07:04 AM

full throttle
I have no mouth yet i must scream

marshal99 09-05-2008 05:03 AM

Scifi and Post Apocalyptic , i'm surprised nobody has mentioned the tex murphy games. Oldie but a definite goodie.

Under a Killing Moon
The Pandora Directive
Overseer

Some of the best entertaining adventure games around , past and present. :D

Henke 09-05-2008 06:25 AM

You really should try Dark Earth (action/adventure).

Gledster 09-10-2008 03:43 PM

OOOh, I have one! :)

It's very slow to start (and again, a game I've never completed) but "The Moment Of Silence" is a good sci-fi, post-apoc game. Well worth checking out.

Cold-Factor 09-11-2008 09:02 AM

I would say the game, 'Normality'. It seems more like a dystopian setting, but it can also be seen as post-apocalyptic and sci-fi.

Gledster 09-11-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold-Factor (Post 481981)
I would say the game, 'Normality'. It seems more like a dystopian setting, but it can also be seen as post-apocalyptic and sci-fi.

Oooh, I'd completely forgotten about that game. It was 3D wasn't it? Awesome game, great sense of humour in it. Some irritating puzzles if I remember (though I can't remember what they were, it's just a feeling I get).

Thanks for metionining it and bringing back memories Cold-Factor. :)

MystGirl 09-12-2008 09:15 PM

Sci-fi games, I'd recommend:

With aliens MDK and MDK2 (great overlooked games, good story, graphics, lots of humor, but there is fighting, jumping, etc, involved)

The Longest Journey (set in future, April Ryan is just a student who is called upon to save the world)

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (direct sequel to The Longest Journey)

Bioshock (a console game but the story is quite involved and the graphics are great. Also, fighting throughout game in certain parts)

Matt_25 09-17-2008 02:53 PM

If we can recommend just sci-fi (and not the post-apocalyptic or cyberpunk part):

Star Trek: The Next Generation - A Final Unity
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary Collector's CD-ROM
Star Trek: Judgment Rites (preferably the Limited CD-ROM Collector's Edition)

These are quite the anti-thesis of post-apocalyptic or cyberpunk... although technically the Star Trek setting is a few centuries after the apocalyptic WWIII... :)

Lastly, if you want something funny that will parody -all- sci-fi and sci-fi related material, go with the Space Quest series. For point-and-click only, go for:

Space Quest I VGA
Space Quest IV
Space Quest V
Space Quest 6 (my personal favourite, and yes, they stopped using Roman numerals)

DEMON 09-18-2008 01:17 PM

Few more I don´t see already mentioned: Nightlong, Moment of Silence

buddi 09-18-2008 04:32 PM

I think the experiment was one of the best games ever, and it certainly fits the bill. Voyage had an itneresting alien culture.