You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Culpa Innata 2: Chaos Rising announced

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #1

Default Culpa Innata 2: Chaos Rising announced

One of the better pure adventure games I've played in a while, is actually getting a sequel.
Culpa Innata 2 announced.

Quote:
Culpa Innata 2: Chaos Rising Announced [August 24, 2008, 3:04 pm ET] - Viewing Comments

This press release announces Culpa Innata 2: Chaos Rising, Momentum AS' sequel to last year's cyberpunk adventure. Culpa Innata 2 features the return of Phoenix Wallis, described as a "young ambitious peace officer" in the original, and in addition to playing as the now "disillusioned yet politically naive" Wallis, the player will also take on the role of Anatoly Pavlov, "the cynical survivor of societal collapse." The game, which does not yet carry a release date, will feature over 60 NPCs, non-linear gameplay, and multiple endings.

Word is: "Deeply bound by mysterious events, Anatoly and Phoenix will encounter obstacles far more challenging than ever before, testing their courage, determination and wits as they seek the truth hidden beneath the worlds that they know."
Old 08-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
Adventurer

It almost surprises me how little interest I have in learning the fates of Pheonix, her mystery, and her world. I usually feel compelled to follow a story through to its end, no matter how bad I find it. I guess it puts into perspective how little I connected with the first story...
Old 08-25-2008, 02:42 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I couldn't agree more: this one is a game I'm totally uninterested in. If it was only on me, I'll leave for good the dreadful-voice acted Phoenix and her whole world.

But, hey, maybe this time they'll make a game worth playing also for me, so I reserve better judgment for when the game's out.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 08-25-2008, 03:28 AM   #4

I'm looking forward for this. I enjoyed the first game very much.
I don't really care about multiple endings though...
Old 08-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #5

I'm giving Culpa Innata a second playthrough as we speak. I really liked this game! I actually thought it was the best adventure game I'd played last year. Looking forward to the sequel.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:16 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Aubstopper

I enjoyed the first game, although the ending
Spoiler:
was abrupt and the whole thing about the renovators was interesting but they never expanded on it.
What was so great was the backstory and the ambiance...and also the replayablity!

i must say..i AM looking forward to this one...and plan to buy it as soon as it comes out!

Last edited by Melanie68; 08-25-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:56 PM   #7
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

I actually really liked this game quite a bit and looking forward to the second. The original had a very unique look and atmosphere.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:38 AM   #8

In my opinion, the first game had weak points, and it certainly wasn't as good as I expected it to be. From reading the previews I had hoped that Culpa Innata could give us as interesting story and game universe as The Longest Journey. It failed to live up to those rather great expectations, but it still was a quite decent adventure game. Quite a few loose ends in the story, so I look forward to get some closure in the follow up.

And I'm still hoping that the sequel could be a great game, not just a good game. The first game indeed showed some promise, and I will give the second game a chance.

Last edited by beverheim; 08-26-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:58 AM   #9

Culpa Innata was in my opinion a very entartaining game despite its few flaws. I am looking forward to the next episode and I hope the creators of the game will elaborate some aspects of the game.

For examle some other friends than the nimfomaniac one would be great

At the same time it will be nice if the advantages the game had will be maintained. For me the paced way of discovering things and dialogues made the game great.

I only hope the game will be available in Poland in English version, not only Polish. Really, people who complain about voice acting in English, please appeciate what you have
Old 08-26-2008, 02:55 AM   #10
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasiaD View Post
I only hope the game will be available in Poland in English version, not only Polish. Really, people who complain about voice acting in English, please appeciate what you have
Agreed. I usually also dislike the non-original dubs and feel like I'm not getting the whole package when playing a localised title. However, a lot of current adventure games aren't originally made in English anymore. That's why the English versions are often weak (like in the case of Simon the Sorcerer 4).
Old 08-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #11

I hope they go more into the renovators in this one. I'm glad they've decided to make a sequel.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #12

Ugh... the first was just boring and at times very frustrating! Playing it was more of a pain than a pleasure.

I probably won't play this one unless the reviews it gets are exceptionally well and I hear it has fixed the few but major problems the first one had.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #13

If it's as tedious as the first one i think i'll pass.