You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Free online adventure game sites?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl
Default Free online adventure game sites?

Money is extremely tight for me right now, so I've been playing a lot of new games by online trading. (as far as PC or console adventure games) But I was wondering recently, do any of you play any online adventure games, and if so, what sites would you recommend? Most of the online adventure games I've found, are lumped in with sites like pogo.com, and only have "free trials". Or they don't really fit the true adventure game genre, but they've been "dressed up" to look like an adventure game even though they really aren't.

I've found very few sites devoted to truly free online adventure games. (that actually play like true PC adventure games) Are the amateur game websites the only places for these types of "true" adventure games? I was wondering if I'm focusing too much on "mainstream" game sites, when I should be trying to search more amateur game sites instead?

I don't care if the graphics are simpler as long as there is a really good story. I would like to stick to more recent online games though. I know there are some older adventure games that some of you are going to recommend, but I'm not ready to play those yet. I'm still "craving" newer stuff. (I did play King's Quest though recently as far as something "older".)

Mainly, I want games with heavily involved story lines. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. Oh, one more thing, we are currently having computer issues, so if any of the sites you recommend have download versions to play, that would be great too.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #2

http://www.gameboomers.com/FreeGames.html
Old 08-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #3

AGS (Adventure Game Studios) is probably the best site you'll find for free adventure games, which people create using the AGS engine. Quite a few of them are even on the same level as classic adventure games IMO. Some of my favorites from that site

5 Days A Stranger
Other Worlds
Apprentice 1 and 2
Duty and Beyond
Emily Enough
Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy
Spooks
Out of Order

Check it out http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/
Old 08-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
tsa
Playing character

Just Adventure also has an interesting webpage here: http://www.justadventure.com/IndDevelopers.shtm.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
Freeware Co-ordinator

It's also worth checking out the Underground section of the main site and the Underground forum for free games.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 08-31-2008, 09:24 PM   #6
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

Thank you for these posts. I know I've asked this question somewhere before and I apologize if it had already been answered to others in the past (because I'm not the first one to post this question about free games obviously).

I also sometimes ask something, and then ask it again months later completely forgetting that someone answered my question.

But I don't remember any sites that you guys have listed here, so thank you for these. Much, much appreciated.