You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Chris Jones/Aaron Conners game unveiled - Three Cards to Midnight

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2008, 03:35 AM   #81
Schattenjäger

Hmm, another newsupdate featuring Chris and Aaron explaining that the demo is done in theory, but not what they want to present the players, so the demo got pushed back ( Conservative estimate: Release before Christmas). The game itself got pushed back as well and won´t be out before January.

Even though i was really looking forward to the demo a lot (and still am), i think this is a reasonable decision and it´s good they take the time they need to make everything as good as possible instead of getting the game and the demo out in a rush.
Link to their blog:
http://www.bigfinishgames.com/news/index.php
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 11-14-2008, 04:10 AM   #82

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I know that I'm beginning to sound like an unbearable skeptic, but so far they never respected a dead line and I'm starting to fear for the game...
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 11-14-2008, 08:08 AM   #83
Mean Old Cat

On the other hand, how many companies actually DO respect the deadlines they quote to the public? Most of the time it seems to be a publicity stunt to keep the hype up while they scramble to put their projects together (projects that usually are waaay further behind schedule than they want to admit). I find the pushing-back of the deadlines to be a nuisance as well, but I'm more worried about the "hidden objects" puzzles the game seems to be based around than anything.

I still have hope, though! Don't we all.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:46 AM   #84

Christmas arrived and passed and still no demo, nor other words from Chris or Aaron. I'm starting to get worried about the project...
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:32 AM   #85
Hopeful skeptic

I wouldn't read anything into the delay. The holiday season is the worst time to be seeking publicity for an unreleased game. Last time I spoke to them, having realized they weren't going to have the game ready before Christmas, they decided it was best to reposition the game for the new year. Maybe not immediately in the new year. The holiday season isn't the best time for getting work done, either.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #86
Schattenjäger

Right, i wouldn´t be worried, Andrea. They were talking of a conservative estimate for a pre christmas release of the demo anyway. We´ll surely get some news somewhen soon and i can only repeat myself when saying, i´m really looking forward to it.
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 01-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #87

Oh, don't mistake me: I'm still eager to see and play TCM. I'm always worried by the lack of information, like I was, back then, with Gray Matter.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #88
Schattenjäger

It´s update time.
On the Unofficial Tex Murphy Message Board a new statement was posted by Aaron Conners ( i guess it´ll appear on the official site of the game aswell in the near future).

It´s a description of what´s been going on during the last weeks and months, why it takes a little longer ( the game is planned to be finished in februrary) oh and there´s a little Gray Matter joke in there as well.
Here´s the link:

http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2167
Old 01-15-2009, 03:35 AM   #89

Glad to hear that they have taken good consideration of the feedback. And even more glad to hear that they are enhancing the gameplay. My hopes rise again...

... Have I appreciated the nod to Gray Matter? Not particularly, but, hey, you know me...

Old 04-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #90
Schattenjäger

Good times: The game is done and it will be released in the near future:

Here´s the link to the newest update from Aaron Conners:

http://www.bigfinishgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52
Old 04-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #91
Hopeful skeptic

New trailer is coming imminently, as well. Should be today.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #92

I'm still waiting to hear whether we could actually purchase the game on cd or a download without DRM.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #93

Wow the new trailer is impressive, actually it's the only update I've checked out about this game but it looks very promising..

The music in the trailer is flawless

and the killer looks very much like the one in Still Life hehe
Old 04-22-2009, 04:06 AM   #94
Schattenjäger

I like the music a lot too, and it was a great move to get Matt Heider on board again. His Pandora Directive and Overseer-scores were some of the finest scores i´ve heard in adventuregames so far.

The voiceacting makes a very good impression on me too (beside the obvious things like the gripping atmosphere and a very promising story).
11 years of waiting have finally come to an end.

Last edited by JackVanian; 04-22-2009 at 04:15 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #95

The audio portion of the game is excellent. Chris even makes an appearance as a PI.

I was lucky enough to get a playthrough of the game. The bad news is it's not an adventure game in any traditional sense, it's a puzzle game with a thick narrative. The good news is it's fun anyway, the story is good, and it's a good size chunk of game. Full review soon.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:54 PM   #96
Schattenjäger

Just minutes ago, i published a brandnew interview with Aaron Conners , with the whole focus on Three Cards to Midnight. Of course i made an english version of the interview available as well. So, if you´re interested in details about the game, i definetely recommend to read it as i think it works great as a nice little factsheet before the release. The first interview from august 2008 is linked in the article as well by the way. I hope you´ll enjoy it. http://www.adventurecorner.de/pages.php?id=319
Old 05-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #97

Quote:
Aaron Conners:
Casual gamers, however, seem to be more and more interested in games with adventure elements. To me, this suggests that many “casual” gamers will eventually evolve into “adventure” gamers, and then the audience might become big enough to bring true adventure games back to the market.
I hope he's right!

Interesting interview, JackVanian!

Old 05-05-2009, 07:03 AM   #98

I've always believed that was true. I honestly felt like Under a Killing Moon and Pandora took some major strides to that effect with built in hint system. Three Cards also has limited use hints, and it adds selectable difficulty and the ability to skip hard puzzles (and there is one puzzle in there that is brutal, so it's not dumbed down).
Old 05-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #99

First review