You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2008, 04:44 AM   #1

Default Tale of a Hero

Never heard of alter ego either. Speaking of Future games, does someone know something about 'Tale of a Hero'? Found a english demo here (no voices):

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Games...ero-Demo.shtml

Edit:

Played that demo of Toah. I liked it, in a strange kind of way. It kind of plays like a good old 90s fantasy adventure with no voice overs. The graphics are nothing to write home about (expecially the cutscenes) and the character animation is slow as usual in future games', er, games (that 'bending-down-to-pick-up-something' animation is particularly annoying). But I liked it

Back on topic....

Last edited by skurken; 08-17-2008 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
Tol

Quote:
Originally Posted by skurken View Post
Never heard of alter ego either. Speaking of Future games, does someone know something about 'Tale of a Hero'? Found a english demo here (no voices):

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Games...ero-Demo.shtml

Edit:

Played that demo of Toah. I liked it, in a strange kind of way. It kind of plays like a good old 90s fantasy adventure with no voice overs. The graphics are nothing to write home about (expecially the cutscenes) and the character animation is slow as usual in future games', er, games (that 'bending-down-to-pick-up-something' animation is particularly annoying). But I liked it

Back on topic....
Hi,
I was one of the developers of Tale of Hero and would like to add some info, when you asked:-)

Game is finished for many months now (well, it will be year soon) , it´s all matter of marketing and localisation process right now- russian version already was launched last month, czech and few more versions are in process. I don´t know anything about US version though...

As for art and cutscenes- it was created by rather small team with very small budget, I was the only one who done this as my full-time job.

The demo is voiceless because it was not supposed to go public- it came by mistake of some game publicist but I am very grateful to this person (whoever he or she is) as this demo found it´s ways into teritories which would probably not be informed at all...
Old 08-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #3

Hey Tol!

Thanks for explaining the situation Hope it gets released sometime because I found the demo quite nice. As for the gfx and cutscenes, yes it shows you didn´t have much budget but it´s definitely not that bad, I've seen much, much worse on commercial games, and it's also all subjective you know I was mainly annoyed by the slowness of the animations. The interface on the other hand was top-notch, simple and functional!

Good luck!

Edit:

Sorry for stealing the thread, maybe a mod could split this into a 'Tale of a Hero' thread?
Old 08-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
3rd person fanatic :)

I downloaded a demo and... that's it. I was totally sold. This is something epic. Something very beautiful and feels like a fairytale. This kind of games are simply too rare. The graphics were outstanding and everything worked nicely.

I really do hope, that this game is going to see the light of day as a whole, not only a demo, simply because it deserves it, without a question. (and it would be interesting to see voice acting also ) But really. It's been a very long time, that anything has made me this happy.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:56 AM   #5
Tol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
I downloaded a demo and... that's it. I was totally sold. This is something epic. Something very beautiful and feels like a fairytale. This kind of games are simply too rare. The graphics were outstanding and everything worked nicely.

I really do hope, that this game is going to see the light of day as a whole, not only a demo, simply because it deserves it, without a question. (and it would be interesting to see voice acting also ) But really. It's been a very long time, that anything has made me this happy.
Hi,

thank you for your kind words Game is already out on Russian market, it is officialy announced in Italy (there should be italian subtitles, but englich voiceovers) and more hopefuly will come.
Again- thanks, I am glad that you liked our demo