You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dead Mountaineer's Hotel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2008, 07:44 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83
Default Dead Mountaineer's Hotel

I've just stumbled upon this title, in a little corner of our beloved Hype-o-Meter. And I was absolutely stunned: the setting and the graphics seemed very good and the premise certainly intriguing (although a bit stereotypical), so I tried a research on Wikipedia and it turned out that the game is based upon a famous novel by two Russian authors. I'll put a spoiler:

Spoiler:
[...]shortly after Mr. Glebsky arrives, an avalanche occurs, blocking the entrance to the valley and cutting the heroes from outside world. At the same time, one of the recent guests is found dead in his room, his door locked and his neck horribly twisted. Mr. Glebsky will have to start an investigation. Soon he begins to understand that things are not simple at all. Indeed, what kind of a sane police inspector would suggest that some of his suspects are aliens?

Anyone has read the novel? I'd love to learn more about the plot: it seemed so good and engaging, that the whole
Spoiler:
alien thing
hugely let me down (for matter of personal taste).
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 08-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
Vel
Quo non ascendet?

I've been looking forward to the game for quite a while. I'm mostly intrigued by the promise that the gameplay will feature real time, in a sort of The Last Express way. Let's just hope it lives up to the expectations.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
In an evening of July...

It didn't.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #4

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed
A dead mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,
Then one fine day he was runnin’ his hotel,
And down from the hills came a rumblin’ swell.

Snow, that is, white stuff, Alpine ice....

Y'all come play now, y'hear?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #5

@ Kuze: maybe that review was written by one of the "hardcore" gaming site that quite never understand what a good AG is (just a tiny little hope ), and thus we'll have to wait for a release (here in Italy this title has a tentative release for October).
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #6
Schättenjager

Blast,game will be 2 years old already when english v. out.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:10 AM   #7
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
@ Kuze: maybe that review was written by one of the "hardcore" gaming site that quite never understand what a good AG is (just a tiny little hope ), and thus we'll have to wait for a release (here in Italy this title has a tentative release for October).
It is indeed a "hardcore" gaming site, giving hardcore reviews. The latest Alone in the Dark got 42%, Mass Effect got 79%. Lost Crown however has 82%, Syberia 99%.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:40 AM   #8

My hope falls apart...

Sob