You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure SpaceQuest, King's Quest, Beneath a Steel Sky, Darkseed & other classic games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #1

Default SpaceQuest, King's Quest, Beneath a Steel Sky, Darkseed & other classic games

Hello,

For years I've been looking for a place to buy all those amazing adventure games that have shaped the genre, like Space Quest, Quest for Glory, Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Laura Bow, Maniac Mansion etc. Truth is, every new game lacks the amazing sense of humour, clever script and gameplay that these timless classics had! These games are a living tutorial for every game developer.

I even posted a topic here in the past asking for more help! Truth is, I never managed to find everything complete, only demo or incomplete versions, lacking sound sometimes or crashing at some point..

And I have now found the ultimate source: <url removed>

These guys pack all the best into 'game packs', together with walkthroughs & guides to help you complete everything! I got the Sierra Adventure games pack and I haven't stopped playing SpaceQuest 5 ever since!

Hurray!

Last edited by Melanie68; 08-04-2008 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Not a legal site
Old 08-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #2

Somehow, I don't believe this is really legal...
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 08-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #3
It's just me

Quote:
I even posted a topic here in the past asking for more help!
It's hard to take all that seriously if you lie to us right off the bat. How could you have posted before if this is your first post. Or do you mean you posted before with a different username?

Anyway, I'm afraid this website isn't officially authorized to sell those games. Aside from the new collections that Vivendi repackaged with DOSBox in 2006, the only other legal distributor of classic Sierra games is GameTap. At least, to my knowledge. I could be wrong.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:47 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Yeah. That site is very dodgy. They are offering mulititudes of games for download that they don't appear to have any right to sell.

Lunatik is right, the only legitimate place are the recent collections put out by Sierra or Gametap.

Also, their dodginess is confirmed in the fact that they're selling Beneath a Steel Sky and Lure of the Temptress. Those are truly and legitimately free downloads at the ScummVM site.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #5

All of this when the new Sierra collections are still on sale.