You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure All info on Quantic Dream's Heavy Rain

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2010, 08:14 AM   #301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linque View Post
I would be very surprised if this game ever got released on PC.
What was the last Sony published PC game outside of SOE? Jet Moto? If memory serves and that is correct, that's over a decade since Sony ported to PC. So it would surprise me as well.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:58 AM   #302
Under pressure.

*Grumbles*
Old 02-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #303

I'd just like to say one thing as my first impression: wow.

After just playing a small portion of the game (through the main titles/credits), I'm amazed. Its musical score is fantastic, graphics unbelievable, and controls interesting and somewhat realistic.

Spoiler:
Also, whoever made the decision to have people fold the paper crane with the insert was brilliant!

I'll say more when I've gotten further in the game, but color me impressed--already.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:25 AM   #304

I just finished the first 3 chapters and I already know this will be one of my favorites games ever. Graphics is unbelievable, and so is the music. Ethan's character is WOW, lots of depth and I especially love his facial expressions.
Spoiler:
Dad and son chapter was awesome but at the same time very depressing.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:44 AM   #305

Yup. Its an incredible game. It will definitely be one of my favorites of all time as well. Truly grabbing and it will not let go. I really should've taken a few days off to enjoy this. GOTY for me right now.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #306

Got released in Australia today. Still 7am. Just waiting for the shops to open...

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 02-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #307

I´ll storm the stores tomorrow morning

I usually don´t have a problem when it comes to waiting for games to get cheaper before buying them.

But GTA games and above all Heavy Rain are "gotta get as soon as possible" titles.
Hey, in the end HEAVY RAIN is THE reason why I purchased a PS3 20 months ago
Memento Mori/Heavy Rain-Taxidermist
Replay: ---
Favorite Adventure: Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars
waiting to be played: Sanitarium, Perry Rhodan, Tex Murphy FMV Series
Old 02-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #308

I've only just started, but already I find Heavy Rain so emotive and heart breaking. This is incredible.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:15 AM   #309

I played for 2 hours. Its s MASTERPIECE. Never experienced something like that. Its unique!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 03:44 AM   #310

Oh, man. I've just experienced a chapter that was a pure adrenaline rush from start to finish, like no adventure I've played before. Heavy Rain sure knows how to screw with my emotions.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #311
Stalker of Britain

Grrr! It's getting such great reviews, I wish it would come out on PC. How is the plot? I've heard the graphics, characterization, and intensity are amazing, but haven't heard much about the story. No spoilers, just is it interesting, engaging, etc?
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #312
Random

Aww. The more I read about heavy rain, the more i look forward to play it. Unfortunately, I'll not buy it so soon. I'll wait for prices get a bit lower around here.

Is that true that the american version is also translated to portuguese?

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #313

No luck today

The clerk told me it should arrive tomorrow ...

I´ll be there
Memento Mori/Heavy Rain-Taxidermist
Replay: ---
Favorite Adventure: Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars
waiting to be played: Sanitarium, Perry Rhodan, Tex Murphy FMV Series
Old 02-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #314
Pixel Clicker

Dangit! Adventure games were started on the computer, and that's where they should be. I don't want to be spending copious amounts of time sitting in an open living room playing an immersive game.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Grrr! It's getting such great reviews, I wish it would come out on PC. How is the plot? I've heard the graphics, characterization, and intensity are amazing, but haven't heard much about the story. No spoilers, just is it interesting, engaging, etc?
Oh, definately. It's just told in such a unique way, which I think distracts people from talking about the plot itself. The story is compelling. In fact last night while trying to get some shut eye, I just couldn't sleep -- I kept thinking about it, coming up with theories and contemplating decisions I had made.

Last edited by D.C.; 02-25-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
Oh, definately. It's just told in such a unique way, which I think distracts people from talking about the plot itself. The story is compelling. In fact last night while trying to get some shut eye, I just couldn't sleep -- I kept thinking about it, coming up with theories and contemplating decisions I had made.
Haha, you seem quite passionate about it all. Which is nice. I'm enjoying it but not sure I'm as completely immersed in it as you are. I'm a dad too so I suppose I'm a little more picky on it, but that's not to say it's bad.

As for the story, mmm well it's not bad, but it's not hugely original either. It's telling a story that's been told before, but it is putting some different spins on it here and there and throwing in some curve balls emotionally which are interesting. Keep in mind I'm being super picky because of the expectations I have on it. Although it has some fairly good dialogue and character, there are still moments where I feel like there could have been a little more sensitivity to characters and situations that are sometimes a little spoilt by cliched lines or responses.

I'm sure I'm gonna get bombarded with disagreements now, but to each his own I suppose.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sughly View Post
I'm sure I'm gonna get bombarded with disagreements now...
Wouldn't be the internet if that wasn't the case.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, though. There's no right or wrong. Just different.

I've enjoyed the dialogue for the most part. Occassionally it feels a little too precise, but I'm thinking that's the whole developed in France thing coming through. Fahrenheit had that too. I think the thing that makes the story special is how it's told and not necessarily the subject matter. (Which I find damn interesting anyway.) I might be starting to sound like a crazed fan boy, but I've been genuinely hooked. To me it truly feels like something special. I'm trying to savour every moment.

The only thing that took me out of the mind set for a little while was an odd thing that happened with my save game. It started loading weirdly. (With a whole lot of lag and the like. It's possible I accidently interrupted an auto-save or something.) I was terrified I'd have to start the game from scratch. Luckily all I had to do was go back a chapter and it seemed to fix it. Phew.

Last edited by D.C.; 02-26-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
I think the thing that makes the story special is how it's told and not neccessarily the subject matter. (Which I find damn interesting anyway.)
Yeah I agree, but Fantasy had after all asked specifically about the story and so I gave my specific opinion solely on the story .

That being said I've played a few more hours today and it is getting more and more involving and interesting as it goes on. In the beginning I wasn't bothered by my choices and what I could and couldn't do, but at this point I'm becoming very concerned as to what may have (or have not) happened to such and such character if I had done this instead of that.

I can't help but look at the actual story in comparison to films, which is probably being too hard on the game as, compared to most other games, it's story is quite good. But as you say, the way it's being revealed throughout the game in your actions and choices is truly amazing . I've never felt so on edge and stressed over QTE's...

Old 02-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #319

Agreed. I think it's weird to say, but one of my favourite moments in the entire game so far was a QTE. They've come a LONG way from Fahrenheit. There was something I accidently did in the game that made me feel so unbelievably guilty. I had to go back and fix it. I know that kind of defeats the point of what Quantic Dream is going for, but the guilt -- was crushing.

Last edited by D.C.; 02-25-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #320

daaang... too bad i can only afford to buy a DS