You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure I need game recommendation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #1

Default I need game recommendation

Hi,I'm looking for kind of games Destination Treasure Island, Return To Mysterious Island, The Last Nostradamus Prophecy etc...

Destionation treasure island was the first game of adventure that was played and that gave me the vice, then did some research and I found more games, return to mysterious island ... Nostradamus ... so did another search so I knew that these games had been made by kheops studio, then I was trying to buy all the games of kheops studio and 96% of adventure games like that are made by the studio kheops all of them are games footnote 9 / 10 except dracula because that game SUCK :/

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure...mode=developer

Destination: Treasure Island - Note - 9 / 10 (I am hopeful that there is an even better)

Return to Mysterious Island - Note 9 / 10

Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy - Note 8.5 / 10

Echo: Secrets of the Lost Cavern - Note 7.5 / 10

Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure - Note 7 / 10

CLEOPATRA - The Queen's Destiny - Note 6 / 10

Dracula - Note 0,00000000001/10

ETC ...

Now that already played almost all of these games is more difficult to find games that satisfies me as the kheops studio.

Someone knows more games of this type (Destination Treasure Island, Return To Mysterious Island, Nostradamus The Last Prophecy)?

all detectives adventure games SUCK! lol

Tks.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

If you like hard puzzle games (I noticed your Safecracker reference), you should try some of the Myst games. Schizm, was also a very hard puzzle game. (these aren't detective games obviously, but they are good puzzle games if you like those too)

Have you ever tried Riddle Of The Sphinx? Several years older, but still pretty good and I think they have an XP compatible version now.

There's a game that's pretty recent that came out that I played not to long ago called Journey To The Center Of The Earth. It has that "looking for hidden treasure, and ending up in another time era" feel that you might be looking for. You interact with other characters.

Have you ever tried the Syberia games? Great story, interaction, figuring out clues, finding things, etc. Great graphics.

If you're looking for just good straight detective stories, try Post Mortem or Still Life if you haven't already. Still Life, was a very dark game with a great story about a detective trying to find a serial killer. And the game is set in two different time eras. Even though the Nancy Drew games seem more aimed at younger folks or girls, boys can enjoy them too. The more recent games are harder, and have pretty involved story lines. They are just darn fun to play.

There's also the Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie murder/mystery games.

I'd also recommend The Longest Journey and it's sequal Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. Very involved stories, lots of looking for things, and solving the myteries of certain characters. They have more of a sci-fi, fantasy feel to them.

You could also download the ScummVM emmulator, and play the Lucas Arts Monkey Island games. I haven't played them yet, but others rave about them and they are more similiar to the types of games you seem to be interested in.

The Dark Fall games might interest you. Personally, I liked Dark Fall: Lights Out better then Dark Fall: The Journal, because in Dark Fall 2, you have to navigate between three time eras, the past, the present, and the future.

Hope some of these might be helpfull.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #3

definitely try Voyage, Secrets of Atlantis, Atlantis Evolution and Egyptian Prophecy
Old 07-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystGirl View Post
If you like hard puzzle games (I noticed your Safecracker reference), you should try some of the Myst games. Schizm, was also a very hard puzzle game. (these aren't detective games obviously, but they are good puzzle games if you like those too)

Have you ever tried Riddle Of The Sphinx? Several years older, but still pretty good and I think they have an XP compatible version now.

There's a game that's pretty recent that came out that I played not to long ago called Journey To The Center Of The Earth. It has that "looking for hidden treasure, and ending up in another time era" feel that you might be looking for. You interact with other characters.

Have you ever tried the Syberia games? Great story, interaction, figuring out clues, finding things, etc. Great graphics.

If you're looking for just good straight detective stories, try Post Mortem or Still Life if you haven't already. Still Life, was a very dark game with a great story about a detective trying to find a serial killer. And the game is set in two different time eras. Even though the Nancy Drew games seem more aimed at younger folks or girls, boys can enjoy them too. The more recent games are harder, and have pretty involved story lines. They are just darn fun to play.

There's also the Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie murder/mystery games.

I'd also recommend The Longest Journey and it's sequal Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. Very involved stories, lots of looking for things, and solving the myteries of certain characters. They have more of a sci-fi, fantasy feel to them.

You could also download the ScummVM emmulator, and play the Lucas Arts Monkey Island games. I haven't played them yet, but others rave about them and they are more similiar to the types of games you seem to be interested in.

The Dark Fall games might interest you. Personally, I liked Dark Fall: Lights Out better then Dark Fall: The Journal, because in Dark Fall 2, you have to navigate between three time eras, the past, the present, and the future.

Hope some of these might be helpfull.

Schizm seems to be a good game, added to the list

Myst ... I played the myst 3 exile but did not like much: \

Riddle Of The Sphinx, seems to be a good game, added to the list

Journey To The Center Of The Earth, seems to have a good story and great graphics but the gameplay is a third person so that I do not appreciate me much, maybe I open one exception

Syberia, played but did not like, has good graphics, good story and bad gameplay, in the third person ...

Still Life, already played, good story ... game in the third person but I made an effort to play it lol,

Nancy Drew, it played only 1 minute, bad gameplay ... : /

Sherlock Holmes, played versus the lupin, reasonable, one of the few games of detecives where played until the end.

Dreamfall is a third person, I do not like: \

Monkey Island, lol very old game ... is not of my style ...

Dark Fall, good graphics, horror, mystery is not of my
style

Thank you for tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel4444 View Post
definitely try Voyage, Secrets of Atlantis, Atlantis Evolution and Egyptian Prophecy

Voyage, seems to be a good game, is the only alongside the Evany: Key to a Distant Land of Kheops Studio that have not yet played.

Secrets of Atlantis, seems to be a good game, added to the list.

Atlantis Evolution, seems to be a good game, added to the list.

Egyptian Prophecy played only 5 minutes, seemed to be a good game but did not like the gameplay, I like to have control over the character which does not happen in this game,

Tks for tips.

It seems that not many games has the type, Destination: Treasure Island, Return to Mysterious Islan and Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy, I will have to wait until the kheops studio bid a new game, because it is the only developer able to make great games ( tastes do not discuss ).

Tks.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:14 AM   #5

You should definitely try the original Myst and Riven, which are much better than Exile. Revelation was better than Exile, but somehow felt more like Exile than the original games (or Uru, for that matter).

Why don't you like third person games?

You might want to look into Zork Nemesis or Zork Grand Inquisitor, too.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #6

If you can play older games on your computer, you might enjoy Atlantis II or Atlantis III. Atlantis II is more non-linear, which I think is what you mean when you say, "I like to have control over the character." In other words, you have freedom in where you can go and don't have to follow a storyline.

Zork Nemesis and Zork Grand Inquisitor are also very good.

I did not like Atlantis Evolution because of all the "Halt Deviant" end-of-game type stuff. It happened far too often. The best part of the game -- the only part I really enjoyed -- was at the very end.

If you think you might be interested in Schizm, you should also check out Schizm 2 (also known as Chameleon and Mysterious Journey 2) and Sentinel (also known as Realms of Illusion). Unlike the first Schizm games, they use a real time 3D engine (like Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin) instead of point-and-click.

Just out of curiosity, which Dracula game did you not like?
Dracula Resurrection and Dracula Last Sanctuary were made by Cryo. Dracula Origin was made by Frogwares and is a 3rd person game. Kheops is making Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon, but I don't think it's been published yet.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
If you can play older games on your computer, you might enjoy Atlantis II or Atlantis III. Atlantis II is more non-linear, which I think is what you mean when you say, "I like to have control over the character." In other words, you have freedom in where you can go and don't have to follow a storyline.

Zork Nemesis and Zork Grand Inquisitor are also very good.

I did not like Atlantis Evolution because of all the "Halt Deviant" end-of-game type stuff. It happened far too often. The best part of the game -- the only part I really enjoyed -- was at the very end.

If you think you might be interested in Schizm, you should also check out Schizm 2 (also known as Chameleon and Mysterious Journey 2) and Sentinel (also known as Realms of Illusion). Unlike the first Schizm games, they use a real time 3D engine (like Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin) instead of point-and-click.

Just out of curiosity, which Dracula game did you not like?
Dracula Resurrection and Dracula Last Sanctuary were made by Cryo. Dracula Origin was made by Frogwares and is a 3rd person game. Kheops is making Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon, but I don't think it's been published yet.

When I say that I like to have control over the character, I refer to this

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=ni91M-fZULs

to move the mouse, the screen of the game also moves,
Now in almost all games in the third person and some in the first person to move us we have to click the right or left side, I do not like to play that way.

It was the Dracula origin. (Not the kheops studio, dracula 3 is perhaps the best ... lol).

1º Destination: Treasure Island
2º Return to Mysterious Island
3º Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy
4º SAFECRACKER: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure
5º Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript
6º ECHO: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
7º Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny
8º Crystal Key 2: The Far Realm
9º Egyptian Prophecy

The gameplay of these games are very similar ... and the first adventure games that were played all those in that order, now is very difficult to find other games of this type:]

Not yet played

Evany: Key to a Distant Land
Journey to the Moon
Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon
Cleopatra: Riddle of the Tomb
VOYAGE

But I will follow your advice and may be one of those games that you mentioned is the kind I like.

Tks, and excuse my english,
Old 07-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arok View Post
When I say that I like to have control over the character, I refer to this

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=ni91M-fZULs

to move the mouse, the screen of the game also moves,
Now in almost all games in the third person and some in the first person to move us we have to click the right or left side, I do not like to play that way.

It was the Dracula origin. (Not the kheops studio, dracula 3 is perhaps the best ... lol).

1º Destination: Treasure Island
2º Return to Mysterious Island
3º Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy
4º SAFECRACKER: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure
5º Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript
6º ECHO: Secrets of the Lost Cavern
7º Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny
8º Crystal Key 2: The Far Realm
9º Egyptian Prophecy

The gameplay of these games are very similar ... and the first adventure games that were played all those in that order, now is very difficult to find other games of this type:]

Not yet played

Evany: Key to a Distant Land
Journey to the Moon
Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon
Cleopatra: Riddle of the Tomb
VOYAGE

But I will follow your advice and may be one of those games that you mentioned is the kind I like.

Tks, and excuse my english,
Voyage = Journey to the Moon
Cleopatra: Riddle of the Tomb = Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny
Evany: Key to a Distant Land = Crystal Key 2
Old 07-20-2008, 05:26 PM   #9

Quote:
I thought that was pretty funny, and the entire game was somewhat light and humorous in a good way and had fantastic art.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #10
Occasionally around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arok View Post
Schizm seems to be a good game, added to the list

Myst ... I played the myst 3 exile but did not like much: \

Riddle Of The Sphinx, seems to be a good game, added to the list

Journey To The Center Of The Earth, seems to have a good story and great graphics but the gameplay is a third person so that I do not appreciate me much, maybe I open one exception

Syberia, played but did not like, has good graphics, good story and bad gameplay, in the third person ...

Still Life, already played, good story ... game in the third person but I made an effort to play it lol,

Nancy Drew, it played only 1 minute, bad gameplay ... : /

Sherlock Holmes, played versus the lupin, reasonable, one of the few games of detecives where played until the end.

Dreamfall is a third person, I do not like: \

Monkey Island, lol very old game ... is not of my style ...

Dark Fall, good graphics, horror, mystery is not of my
style

Thank you for tips

No problem. If I remember correctly, I believe Myst 4 and 5 are first person but I can't remember if they are the same "type" of first person you like where you can move the mouse all around 360 degrees. (as far as the screen moving when mouse moves) Myst 4: Revelation, was a great game though. VERY hard puzzles. Great story. (but I'm partial to the Myst games. )

And the graphics were just breath taking.

You're right though. It's hard to find adventure games with the type of first person you're looking for. That type of movement is usually saved for first person shooter games, etc.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #11
Stalker of Britain

I have so much in common with Mystgirl! I have to second her suggestions. Myst and Riven are awesome, better than Exile. The Longest Journey is good for story and characters, and Dark Fall is an awesome mystery. But they are kind of fantasy. Do you like historical based games?

Why don't you like 3rd person?
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #12
Occasionally around...

One more game I forgot to mention. It's older though. (Windows 95/98 version I think. I could still play it on my Windows XP though just fine) Amerzone. You can play first person and can turn around 360 degrees, standing in one place that is. But if you have to move foward, then you get an arrow and move forward one screen at a time. Road To India had that same "duel" game control effect as well.