Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   I have a potentially silly question..... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/22790-i-have-potentially-silly-question.html)

JackBurtonMe 06-28-2008 12:42 PM

I have a potentially silly question.....

I'm very interested in a lot of the new and upcoming adventure games but haven't really been playing any new adventures for quite a while and my techy knowledge isn't great.

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop which is about 9 months old, 1 Meg of RAM and whatnot.

While I be able to play the likes of A Vampyre Story or would I need something more powerful?

Trumgottist 06-28-2008 02:22 PM

… and here I was hoping for a silly question! (Disappointed.)

I know nothing of the Vampyre's system requirements (are they even known at all at this time?), so I probably shouldn't reply (there are people better qualified than me to make a guess), but I'm guessing that you should be able to play it.

Melanie68 06-28-2008 02:41 PM

The more important bit of info you need is your graphics card (I think). There are some games that don't like integrated graphics cards.

alkis21 06-28-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackBurtonMe (Post 473273)
I have a Dell Inspiron laptop which is about 9 months old, 1 Meg of RAM and whatnot.

I do hope you mean 1 GByte. :)

As there is no information in the web site, I found this phrase in their forum: "The minimum system req's are not yet final, but you will be able to play it on a very moderate PC".

JackBurtonMe 06-29-2008 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkis21 (Post 473298)
I do hope you mean 1 GByte. :)

As there is no information in the web site, I found this phrase in their forum: "The minimum system req's are not yet final, but you will be able to play it on a very moderate PC".

Yes, 1 Gig! :D

And thanks everyone.

ShadeJackrabbit 06-29-2008 01:39 PM

Aw... your laptop has more ram than my hulking desktop PC...

...I need an upgrade. :(

heodox 06-29-2008 04:59 PM

You probably have intel gma graphic card in it, those things are evil (from developer's point of view, anyways :) ), you will probably have no trouble playing new 2.5D adventure games, but i highly doubt that 3D will be a good experience (try playing Jack Keane demo, if it works, everything else should)

Also if the game uses opengl for rendering api, you can say good bay to it (penumbra for example), because of pour intel drivers.

JackBurtonMe 06-30-2008 11:58 AM

downloading the Jack Keane demo now. 2 hours??? :(

vivasawadee 07-01-2008 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heodox (Post 473440)
You probably have intel gma graphic card in it, those things are evil (from developer's point of view, anyways :) ), you will probably have no trouble playing new 2.5D adventure games, but i highly doubt that 3D will be a good experience (try playing Jack Keane demo, if it works, everything else should)

Also if the game uses opengl for rendering api, you can say good bay to it (penumbra for example), because of pour intel drivers.

Although I agree that Intel GMA is evil, I have been suprised how many games can be played on it - helps to have a good CPU and cross your fingers that the developers included a software renderer.

michael1123 07-01-2008 11:00 AM

I have one of those Intel integrated cards on my PC unfortunately. There's tons of games I wouldn't be able to play without 3d-analyze, but with it I can play almost any.

The only one I haven't been able to play no matter what I do is Mass Effect, which is a shame because the Adventure Gamer article about its conversations got me really interested in it.