You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #1

Default Words of wishes

There are many new titles in the last couple of months most noticebly Overclocked. The plot is sort of classified as mysteries. No doubt it sounds like a very interesting game from many reviews. But then in retrospect, the storyline reminds my thought to Indigo Prophecy.

I really miss the game. I bought it when it came out and didn't start playing it until a year later when it was almost Christmas time. I like the opening because it was snowy and so thriller styled.

When will we be seeing a game as charming as Indigo Prophecy again?
Old 06-09-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
aye, aye!

Uhm, Indigo Prophecy is in no way the first nor the last adventure game to be storylined like that... The only thing that made it a bit different is the way you're able to take actions yourself through the red-green-yellow-blue buttons. And perhaps how there are a LOT of different closeups on characters to make it feel more like a movie than a game.

..Anyway, there are a lot of old and new games that aren't as hyped as Overclocked and Indigo Prophecy that are just as good as them

Quantic Dream is working on Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer, and I'm hoping it will be even better than Indigo Prophecy, since I didn't quite like the ending of that game, even though I loved it anyway.

...Hm, re-reading what I wrote and what you wrote, I'm not sure what you're asking or trying to tell? Haha.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:26 AM   #3

The "second best" to me is "Alone in the Dark". I like Episode IV and I am wishing the forthcoming episode which is due in June would be equally good.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #4

If you're looking for a game with the same atmosphere to Indigo Prophecy, you'd probably be doing yourself a favour by downloading the demo of Still Life, or even buying it as it should be pretty darn cheap most places.