Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   So what's the next big adventure game you're waiting for? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/22667-so-whats-next-big-adventure-game-youre-waiting.html)

QDream 06-07-2008 01:11 AM

So what's the next big adventure game you're waiting for?

I haven't played any adventure games since The Sinking Island (which rocked) and I was wonderin what everybody is waiting for and whats the next big adventure game to come out.

The ones I am waiting for at the moment are Still Life 2, Dreamfall Chapters, Alan Wake & Gray Matter even though none of these have an official release date as of now. :(

So what ya'll are waitin for?

Harald B 06-07-2008 01:19 AM

Mainly Once Upon a Time in Japan (no release date yet) and SBCG4AP (recently got pushed back a month, but it's going to be awesome).

Jacques l'aliéné 06-07-2008 01:55 AM

Rhiannon: Beyond the Mabinogion :)

5abanja 06-07-2008 02:37 AM

The only true graphic adventure since Monkey Island 4, A Vampyre Story

tastebud 06-07-2008 03:09 AM

:crazy:*twitch* A Vampire Story *twitch, twitch*:crazy:

KriD 06-07-2008 03:30 AM

Still Life 2 (among many others)

QDream 06-07-2008 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques l'aliéné (Post 470935)
Rhiannon: Beyond the Mabinogion :)

you consider that a 'big' game? I doubt it ..

DEMON 06-07-2008 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harald B (Post 470933)
SBCG4AP (recently got pushed back a month, but it's going to be awesome).

Uhh... I tried realy hard, but for the love of demons I cound not decipher this abbreviation :crazy:

Melanie68 06-07-2008 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QDream (Post 470946)

It may not be big to you, but it's based on a Welsh tale (and Jacques is from Wales, so it may be of special interest).

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEMON (Post 470951)
Uhh... I tried realy hard, but for the love of demons I cound not decipher this abbreviation :crazy:

Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People :P (yes, it's a horribly long acronym that not everyone will get - I'm not a fan of acronyms myself)

Terramax 06-07-2008 06:52 AM

So Blonde as this actually has a chance of being released in English, as it's been released in other languages.

Then Whispered World, which just looks like pure magic in the making. I really hope the story lives up to the visuals.

A Vampyre Story for the same reason as the above.

Still Life 2 as I loved the 1st. Then Grey Matter if it does ever make it out.

Jacques l'aliéné 06-07-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QDream (Post 470946)

Eh???? Excuse me for correcting you, but... err... 'Perspective' I think applies here.

I believe the original question called for subjective opinion. In which case whether, or not, you "doubt it" doesn't actually come in to it at all. Does it? Nor does whether, or not, you agree with my opinion. :)

As a matter of fact, in Wales, this game is quite highly anticipated by many people (many also being a subjective adjective in this case. :D).

Thankyou for your helpful comment though. ;)

Kazmajik 06-07-2008 08:42 AM

I'm looking forward to Belief & Betrayal and A Vampyre Story for this year.

QDream 06-07-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques l'aliéné (Post 470970)
Eh???? Excuse me for correcting you, but... err... 'Perspective' I think applies here.

I believe the original question called for subjective opinion. In which case whether, or not, you "doubt it" doesn't actually come in to it at all. Does it? Nor does whether, or not, you agree with my opinion. :)

As a matter of fact, in Wales, this game is quite highly anticipated by many people (many also being a subjective adjective in this case. :D).

Thankyou for your helpful comment though. ;)

no reason to get emotional.. I didnt know you were from Wales and it was the first time I've heard of such game

Jacques l'aliéné 06-07-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QDream (Post 470979)
no reason to get emotional..

Don't be so silly. :)

QDream 06-07-2008 09:11 AM

Silly? judging by your post I hurt your feelings when I said that that no-name game aint actually nothing close to being big..

Jacques l'aliéné 06-07-2008 09:58 AM

:)

Jacques l'aliéné 06-07-2008 10:10 AM

So what's everyone else looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to Rhiannon of course, but, hey, also... So Blonde, A Vampyre Story, One Upon A Time in Japan: Earth,The Abbey, Broken Sword 2.5 (English), The Whispered World , The Marionette, The 13th Doll and Machinarium. :)

Thesaya 06-07-2008 10:22 AM

Still Life 2, been hoping for this game getting made since the second I finished Still Life....
A Vampyre Story, It just looks so beautiful! Like MI3, which I loved on account of the graphics. (and for the overall greatness of the game ofcourse) I hope the story is as great as it seems too.
aaaand SBCG4AP I love Strongbad. He is like me but cooler.

DEMON 06-07-2008 11:30 AM

So Blonde, Still Life 2, A Vampyre Story, Gray Matter, Once Upon a Time in Japan, Secret Files 2, Mata Hari...

KriD 06-07-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harald B (Post 470933)
[...] and SBCG4AP (recently got pushed back a month, but it's going to be awesome).

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't seem to understand why people are so excited about this game. I've seen some screenshot, read the preview, and watched some in-game movies, but I can't say I'm impressed.

I don't mean to offend anyone or anything, I'm just curious about what makes people anticipating this game, and with it being third on the Hype-o-meter and all. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the cartoon and the characters. But if anyone wants to enlighten me, I would highly appreciate it. :)