You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Spoiler:
Actually it is very logical. Every hit damages the block you hit and every block touching it. Some blocks take 2 hits to destroy them.

Just not logical to the plot. and Yes the demo ends with a small video after this.
The solution is, but the existence of the puzzle isn't, is what I meant.
And, yeah I have a weak spot when it comes to those kind of puzzles.
I absolutely *loathe* the kind where you have to make a pattern out of jumbled blocks, and when you click on one, it changes a certain number of blocks around it, and you have to figure out which ones make the right changes to create the pretty pattern. UGH. *hate*
Old 09-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #42
Codger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
So, has anyone played the demo? Any feedback?
I just dl'd the demo. Gave it about three minutes of gameplay, and decided the game was not for me. There was a complaint in one review about pixel hunting. Considering the cursor is barely the size of a pixel, that's a real problem.

The ability to look at the scene up, down, left, right is a nice touch. But unless you use the options menu to slow mouse movement, it borders on motion sickness.

The graphics are gorgeous. But that's not enough to make this game a keeper.

This is another good reason why publishers should publish a demo. It makes it very easy for people to reach a buy or no-buy decision. For this game, it's a no-buy.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #43
Psychonaut

I think it is the artificiality of the way you move that causes the motion sickness. It seems to simulate that you are staring straight ahead and moving your head around to look at things instead of the reality of your head staying still and your eyes looking around.

You head only moves if you are turning to look at something outside your viewpoint. A more realistic interface would allow the free movement of the cursor until it reached the edges of the screen and only then would the view scroll.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #44
XXJ

Default I just bought Nikopol comics

I'm veeeeeeeery looking forword to this game.
I can't wait!!! So, I bought Nikopol comics today.

Very artistic and difficult comics. completely different from japanese comics.
But, I LOVE IT ! Nikopol is coooooool!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:16 AM   #45

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrgh! This game has the infamous locked-door-with-key-in-keyhole puzzle. Any game designer who thinks that puzzle is still fresh should die a painful death.

(That being said, the full game looks as stunning as the demo did, and the non-existent cursor / pixel hunting problem has me constantly poring over the screen, which will probably have rendered me half-blind by the end of the game.)
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 09-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #46
Schättenjager

Here we go again, another problematic Whitebirds production
(again and again) skipping dialogs and cinematics not allowed(if you dont care we dont care your games too)
because of that i'm not gonna buy it and tell people i know not to pay a cent for games with this kind of attitude.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #47

Default Wall of shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastebud View Post
The hammer riddle was pretty easy once you figured out the sequence.
And what is the sequence then ? There are 64 possible chances and you only have 5 hammer shots... I can't figure that out. I tried different logical patterns but it doesn't make sense to me. I suppose I have to smash all the 12 bricks in this wall but it seems to be impossible to break all of them in 5 shots.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:16 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillaume_2k3 View Post
And what is the sequence then ? There are 64 possible chances and you only have 5 hammer shots... I can't figure that out. I tried different logical patterns but it doesn't make sense to me. I suppose I have to smash all the 12 bricks in this wall but it seems to be impossible to break all of them in 5 shots.
Spoiler:
If you hit a brick, all of the attached bricks get damaged too. Every brick needs 2 non-direct hits or one direct hit. Look at the top left one. It only has 2 other bricks attached to it so obviously the only efficient way to take that one out is to kill the two bricks attached to it first. I don't remember the rest but it was pretty easy from there.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:34 AM   #49

Send a message via MSN to sedure
Default Stuck

Ok, just got the full game!

I've never played the demo, but it seems that the demo is from the beginning of the full game.
I'm now escaping the god damn monster and I've put the shelf in front of the door and the rock on the shelf.
As soon as I open the door and go to the living room, the monster comes and eats me..

According to the demo, I should be able to exit to the living room and then go chain the door, but no.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:27 AM   #50
Caffein Queen

The demo differs from the real game, so you actually need to do something else before chaining the door

Something that maybe has a different smell....

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 09-25-2008, 08:32 AM   #51
Super Moderator

Welcome to AG, sedure.

Since that question was kinda related to the demo, I'll leave those posts here for now.

Further requests for help should be asked in our hints and technical problems forum.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:47 PM   #52

Send a message via MSN to sedure
Default Ok,

It seems to differ, yeah.. Just had to be very, VERY quick about it
Old 09-26-2008, 05:01 PM   #53

Default severe motion sickness no blade runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
I think it is the artificiality of the way you move that causes the motion sickness. It seems to simulate that you are staring straight ahead and moving your head around to look at things instead of the reality of your head staying still and your eyes looking around.

You head only moves if you are turning to look at something outside your viewpoint. A more realistic interface would allow the free movement of the cursor until it reached the edges of the screen and only then would the view scroll.
I purchased the game Nikopol and I have nearly finished it. It appears to be a short game. Voices and music are good. Storyline good. The sad thing is I was really expecting another Bladerunner with futuristic characters, food, technology etc. The most we get to see thus far is a huge jelly fish and and a 2 alian creatures anubus and horbus.

I have to admit I am VERY disappointed in the game especially some of the stupid block busting door puzzles. When you have a number of hammers and have to pound the correct brick or it starts over again. This makes no sense. I hated the coded word puzzle also. I hate games that have all this tech stuff you have to do instead of inventory puzzles. I have nearly hated every puzzle with a few exceptions like painting the portrait. If it hadn't of been for a walkthrough there were times I did not have a clue what to do next.

Anyone with a weakness to motion sickness get ready to hold your tummy on this one. I could only play for 1 hour the first time and the nausea just kept intensifying.

The first person view and the movement of the camera is brutal and anti nausea pills didn't help me either. If only the game programmers would remember not everyone can play 1st person games and be like Frogware who understands this and gives us a choice to 1st person view and 3rd person view.

Just like Nikopol I had bought Awakened and never been able to play it more than an hour. Now with the new improved release of awakening coming from Frogware who cares about the complaints of their customers I will be able to finish the game. They did not do this for profit either if we can prove we purchased the game for a small price or free not sure which, we get the new improved game with improvements in other areas of the game.

Nikopol motion sickness is tied with another that made me equally as sick its Darkness within another game I could not tolerate more than an hour because of motion sickness ,the way the camera pans and when the guy at random times spins in a circle, YIKES it throws my tummy into a uproar that only quitting the game can stop it.

Nikopol needs more characters to interact with it has been very lonely. Also I hate shooter games and yet here I am killing guards or electrocuting them, not my style of a game and totally unexpected in an adventure game.

Sherryah
Old 09-27-2008, 04:13 AM   #54
Schättenjager

One thing is sure that Whitebirds have great graphics artists but horrible game designers.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #55

Havent palyed the game or read the books but man oh man I loved the movie, it was the coolest thing out.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:07 AM   #56
Freeware Co-ordinator

XAN. I moved your tech query to a thread in the HInt Requests and Technical Problems forum.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 10-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #57

I just finished playing the full game and i must say the graphics are awesome. But i have a couple complaints first this game is EXTREMELY short i think i only played for 2 hours if that. I was shocked when it ended because i never thought it would end so quick. I also didn't really understand the ending it feels like the game skipped over a bunch in the middle and i missed out on stuff. Really odd experince. Fun while it lasted.

Last edited by LexSleuther; 10-07-2008 at 03:49 PM.