You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure help finding a game...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
pnc n00b.

Default help finding a game...

i'm having trouble finding a graphical adventure game i played way back around the early to mid 90's, and i was wondering if you guys could help out?

i played said game on a school pc and (from what i vaguely remember) was a third person type game set in a sort of dersert-like place. the character, who i think was an archeologist, spent some time digging around in the sand at one point (the beginning, most likely).

i know this is a pretty vague description, but i really hope you guys can help out as i've been searching for the title of this game for hours upon hours today.

if you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask. i'll try my best to answer in as much detail as possible.

thanks in advance.

ps - i'm absolutely loving the site and forum. i've spent a lot of time searching this site alone looking for the game.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
Senior *female* member

The Riddle of Master Lu?
Secrets of the Pyramids?
One of the Indiana Jones games? Although I don't remember much digging in the sand.
Qin: Tomb of the Middle Kingdom?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
Freeware Co-ordinator

Welcome to the forums chriswingx

The game that immediately sprang to mind for me was The Dig (an early sequence involves digging in a desert-like area) but I would have expected you to remember that it was a sci-fi game in that case (the desert is on an alien world the characters have been taken to by an asteroid that was actually a space ship)
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 04-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #4

Hi,
What were the graphics like? were they cartoon type or realistic? Sorry I don't know the correct technical terms
Old 04-21-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
pnc n00b.

thank you for your quick responses, it is greatly appreciated.

unfortunately, it's doesn't appear to be any of the games mentioned as i already knew a few and have checked out screenshots and videos of the ones i didn't.

the game is a 'cartoon type', not unlike say broken sword 1.. but most likely more primitive in terms of gameplay and graphics.

what are the chances of it being a fairly unknown or even an underground game, with it being on a school pc?

i was really young at the time of playing, but i'm trying my best to remember as much as i can. i've thought about it numerous times over the past several years, but with their being so many similar sounding games i had no luck finding it then either.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:24 AM   #6

Are there any other (even tiny) details that you can remember? Do you remember picking anything up? Any other characters? Etc.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
pnc n00b.

i remember the character digging for, and finding, items that he finds in the sand using archeological tools.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:21 AM   #8

This is a tricky one. So you looked up all the games that have been mentioned so far?

Do you know which items you found in the sand? What were the surroundings like? Were you in a desert scene or was there an excavation set-up? Do you remember any of the opening cut-scene. Which tools did you use to dig in the sand? What was the character wearing? Do you know what year you were in when you were playing the game?

Anything small may be a huge help.