You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure with ghost theme

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2008, 11:33 PM   #21
Freeware Co-ordinator

If you're happy to include Underground games as well then 5 days a stranger fits the remit.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 04-06-2008, 02:22 AM   #22
Maker of Other Worlds

Send a message via MSN to alkis21

I doubt you'll want to play it, but for the record probably the first adventure game that featured a ghost (at least as the lead role) was Scapeghost by Level 9.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:12 AM   #23

Shivers 2 - Harvest of Souls has a few sequences in it with ghosts as well being built (very) loosely on some old Hopi Indian traditions, I think. Shivers 2 also blends in the supernatural with realism - and is very scary. At least when you play in dark room at 11 PM at night :brrr: :chill:

For a new adventure game which has ghosts or supernatural themes in it, I think Sherlock Holmes - the Awakened would be OK. It combines the tales of H.P. Lovecraft as well as the Sherlock Holmes tales very well - or so I've heard. This game seems to fit your description of what you're writing about in your paper very well

There's a game out now (made by some Italians) called Ghost in the Sheet - not that spooky, I think, but you may find it interesting, nevertheless. If you don't mind incuding vampires in your paper, then you could also look at the story in the Dracula: Origins game. It is not out yet, but is has a full fledged website where you can get the info you need for your paper.

You could also try looking at some of the Nancy Drew games, the games Lost Crown and A Vampire Story also comes to mind.

If you don't mind mentioning other games than adventure games there's a whole quest in the rpg-game Oblivion inspired by one of the short stories written by H.P. Lovecraft. Throughout rpgs you will also find ghosts, but they act more as some sort of messenger from the Gods than they scare people.

It's been a while since I played the 7th guest and the 11th hour, so I can't remember if there were ghosts or supernatural things in these games. But I do rember that in Zork: Nemesis there is a ghost someone, but again, not sure if this is ghost is scary or not.

And what about the recently released Darkness Within game ? Scary as hell, someone tells me...
Old 04-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #24

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

Can we add "Black Mirror" in the list ?