You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Simon The Sorcerer 4 english cancelled?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 03:52 AM   #1

Default Simon The Sorcerer 4 english cancelled?

http://www.justadventure.com/Upcomin...n4/Simon4.shtm
In this site you can see it says release date Q1 2008 .

But it almost a week or so that the web site the official web site of the game isnt working like closed : http://www.simon-the-sorcerer.com/

Also the web site of the Developer: Silver Style Entertainment dosent work any more or dosent exist : http://www.silver-style.com/

So the web site of the Publisher: Playlogic does work and there it says release date Q1 2008 : http://www.playlogicgames.com/

But if the developer site and the game it self site dosent work what does it mean ?! For me its like someone cancelled the game in english or something i cant explain it else .

I hope im wrong but it dosent look good that this two sites dosent work now for long time .

If anyone else have any other news about the game id like to hear .
Old 03-31-2008, 04:16 AM   #2
Sik

This article from Feb 27. 2008 is in Norwegian, but the information is related to the English version:

http://www.gamer.no/artikler/simon_t..._happens/48978

I won't translate all of it, but it says that the English version is pretty much ready, and that all the dialogue for the English version has been recorded already. It also says that according to Playlogic, they plan to release the English version in Norway (and I'd assume the rest of Europe) in April.

Since this article is only a month old, I doubt you have anything to worry about. The game is finished, and most of the development costs for the English version (translation, voice actors etc) have been covered already, so it would be stupid not to release it.

Oh, and if you wonder about impressions about the game they were mostly good. It says that the translation work has been rather poorly done, though, so hopefully that's what they are fixing now. :p
Old 03-31-2008, 10:23 AM   #3

As I said in previous thread, Czech republic allready got it for some reason. Unfortunaly, when there´s glitch that stops you when you´ve done 90% of the game, it´s better to wait a little more for polished version I guess...
Old 04-02-2008, 05:01 PM   #4

Just a question, is the game Mouse Driven Game? Perfer a Mouse Driven game then the one using Keyboard like Simon the Sorcerer 3D..
Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by autowil View Post
Just a question, is the game Mouse Driven Game?
Yes, it is.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:45 AM   #6

I don't think its canceled. The English version will be released in Greece shortly.

The Biggest Adventure Games Source In Greece
Old 04-03-2008, 06:21 AM   #7
Hopeful skeptic

Just heard from Playlogic today. No firm release date set for the UK or North America, but negotiations are happening now.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #8

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32624.html
Old 04-08-2008, 05:14 AM   #9
The Quiet One

It's a good sign that we have an english trailer at last; but i'm not too impressed by the voice acting. Simon's now a yank when he's actually a Brit. Bring back Chris Barrie! Even the Swampling doesn't sound like he should. But... i'll still get this game nonetheless - everything else seems fine.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #10
Psychonaut

The voice acting is hideous.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:13 AM   #11
Irritant F0rum Beasty

The dialogue is a tad suspect as well...

"Screw it, those boys are as strong as stupid, oh...and they’re not really bright!"

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #12

The voice acting gives Simon a totally different personality. While I wasn't the biggest fan of the originals, I did dig the voice of Simon and his sarcastic personality. But in here he sounds... too kind and nice.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:41 PM   #13
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seed View Post
The dialogue is a tad suspect as well...

"Screw it, those boys are as strong as stupid, oh...and they’re not really bright!"

Actually, that's hilarious in its own way

--Erwin
Old 04-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #14

Were there voices in the first and second 'Simons'?
Old 04-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #15
The Solomon of Sarcasm

Yes, there were. And they were some of the best voices I've ever heard in a game.

The voices in this trailer sort of make me want to pound my face against the desk until it's covered in brains. I may put the subtitles on for this outing.

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 04-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #16

For the record, here are examples from previous games of how Simon should sound like.

Simon from Simon the Sorcerer I

Simon from Simon II and III
Old 04-09-2008, 04:21 AM   #17
LA-S-LE

There IS a full-voiced English version. We've got one in Russia, thanks to wonderful attemts of Akella at localization. This is how it's done: Akella translated subtitles from German into Russian (ruining most of the jokes) and added English voices (returning jokes, that's for English speakers). The voices are weak for the most part, but still better than what we could've expected from Akella. And the game itself is actually very funny.

Last edited by Ariel Type; 04-09-2008 at 04:27 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #18
The Anti-Christ!!

English version will be released very soon to retail.

Its already been leaked on net
Old 04-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #19
The Anti-Christ!!

Default Simon 4

WTF?...Looks like they gave Simon an American accent then
Old 04-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #20

Yeesh. While this is better than Simon 3D by a longshot, it's still astoundingly mediocre. Simon's trademark British sarcasm is gone. The game is chock full of poor casting, featuring the same twenty-something voicing both a 12 year old and an 80 year old. I haven't laughed yet.