You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 01:50 AM   #121
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney View Post
Not to doubt the veracity of an age statement, but the last Amiga 500 was shipped in 1992. That would mean, other considerations aside, that you are bordering on, gasp, 29.
What's so strange about it? Not everyone has the luxury of always playing on brand new hardware.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:15 AM   #122
It's Hard To Be Humble

I'm 37 this year, and I didn't really discover adventure games until my mid twenties. My cousin introduced me to them on his first home PC, where I discovered Space Quest IV.

I didn't really get hooked until my friends Gary and Wendy bought their first computer, and started collecting all sorts of computer games in the mid-90s. All three of us were pretty avid Adventure Gamers back then. However, they separated, and neither of them has really been into AGs since then.

My wife plays a little, and really liked The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, but she's not a fan of the genre, preferring MMO's. I'm the only AG fan I know around here (Hamilton), although a friend of mine was a pretty avid fan of the Quest For Glory series, and gave me a copy of the entire series, which I confess I still haven't played.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #123

@Ascovel: It's the first one I played of the bunch! I continued with Mission Critical, which was good, but the beginning was a bit lacking. But it picked up toward the end.
I still wait for my copy Shannara. I'll try this next.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:48 AM   #124
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I'm 25 and half and I'm losing my interest in gaming more and more every day.

It's a weird feeling. Really weird.

EDIT: Well actually I'm losing interest in playing games, but talking and reading about games is still on a higher level, I think.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:37 AM   #125

I'll be 40 this summer UGH and have been playing adventure games for quite a while now. I've played other genres but I always seem to gravitate back to what I love the most, that being adventure games. No other genre quite like it!!
Old 06-04-2008, 06:35 AM   #126

20.. been introduced to advanture gaming since Syberia 2 I think
Old 06-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #127
Codger

I think it's quite clear that some of the "codgers" including myself, have been around since the concept of an adventure game began.

I may have been older when I started.

My first real graphic adventure game was Sierra's "Iceman". The second was KQ1. Both played on 5.25 floppies w/obscure copy protection. I must have been in my 30s at the time.

It elates me that there are so many 25 and under people that have joined the group.

I hope that trend continues. It's the future of adventure gaming.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #128
nothing ventured...

45 and my son is 12. We've been playing adventure games for about a year.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:39 AM   #129
Scavenger Adventurer

Default i'm 13

I'm 13. This is also my first post. I've played about 26 graphical games, and about 10 freeware text, and written 5 text.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #130

To the two above, I envy you. As you're relatively new you have a whole wide number of great adventure games to play that you've not played before.

I wish I could relive my first time playing Broken Sword or Discworld Noir...

Quote:
I'm 25 and half and I'm losing my interest in gaming more and more every day.

It's a weird feeling. Really weird.
I can sort of relate to that. I don't think I've lost interest in gaming as a whole, but I'm certainly more choosy and less fanatical about video games.

Ten years ago, I HAD to own every major games console no matter what and HAD to own all the most hyped game of the time.

Now I can settle with buying one game for the PC once every blue moon, so long as it has a relatively good plot or gameplay.

Quote:
I've played other genres but I always seem to gravitate back to what I love the most, that being adventure games. No other genre quite like it!!
Agreed. Every so often I reload saved games of Myst IV: Revelation or Broken Sword and just wonder aimlessly around the scenery, admiring the views. Very few other genres allow me to do that, as it's all about jumping around in a timely fashion or shooting things in a frenzy. What I mean is, many games don't allow you to sitback and appreciate all that work that's put into them. Adventures, with their usually slower pace, do so.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #131
scribeswindow

I'm 35 and I've been playing Adventure games since my early twenties. Great question! I've always been interested in the demographics with regard to gaming.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:42 AM   #132
Game Creator Hobbyist

29. Been playing since '95.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #133

I'm 18, and my first adventure games were in 2 Virgin compilations given to me. One comprising of Sam & Max and DOTT, the other comprising of MI:I and II. Brilliant days! That must've been around 96-97.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:36 AM   #134

I'm 32... I am don't know any other person who likes adventure games, well... maybe apart from my wife who sometimes plays with me - especially the horror adventures
Old 06-26-2008, 02:59 AM   #135

I am 27 and played an adventure game in high school for the first time

I started to because a friend gave me a game as a gift - because he knew I liked Terry Pratchett novels.

The game's name was Discworld II Missing Presumed
Old 06-26-2008, 03:13 AM   #136
kiss me Lewton

Send a message via MSN to carlotta von uberwald

As it seems most AG's are over 16. So I wish they'd make more age appropriate games that's why I loved Still Life & The Longest Journey I didn't feel like a kid playing them I'm fed up of cutsie cartoon style AG I'm not 4 lol

The sacred lace of Hyperopia the goddess of shoes, the holy trolley of Mr. Safeway, the blessed chamber pot of the whinging martyrs of constipata. Anything could become a sacred relic if you weren't careful enough.

I never misenthropated anything!

Malaclypse is a nut!!!

Keep The Adventure Alive!
Old 06-26-2008, 03:16 AM   #137
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My-mu View Post
I'm 32... I am don't know any other person who likes adventure games, well... maybe apart from my wife who sometimes plays with me - especially the horror adventures
At least Thorgal fans must be easy to come by .

For people who don't know this great Belgian comic book series, I'm refering to the character from My-mu's avatar. There's also an adventure game about Thorgal, so you should know him from there at least.

Last edited by Ascovel; 06-26-2008 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:38 AM   #138
Dungeon Master

...although the game, unlike the comic books, better be forgotten.

Welcome to AG, My-mu!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:16 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
...although the game, unlike the comic books, better be forgotten.

Welcome to AG, My-mu!
Exactly - game was horrible - I didn't make it till the end, and not because of puzzles difficulties ;-)
Old 06-26-2008, 04:34 AM   #140
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

While the game wasn't great by a long shot, I don't think it was horrible or unrespectful to the comic books. The premise seemed promising at the beginning. The biggest flaw was that the story became forgettable further on. The only part of the game that excited me was revisiting the world of death from the album Beyond The Land of Shadows.

Last edited by Ascovel; 06-26-2008 at 01:32 PM.