You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 04:27 PM   #41

I beat you all.. I a 58 years old and been playing games for a few years. My favorite game is Oblivion.. Almost like being there, and the graphics and scenery is fantastic.
Nightingayle

Age is in your mind..I don't look my age and I don't act my age..
Old 03-31-2008, 10:25 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslilo View Post
@AlleyCat

Your nickname sounds familiar somehow to me.
I remember meeting a girl in a train here, who played Neopets with that nickname. That shouldn't by any chance be you?

I'm afraid not, certainly would have remembered meeting another girl who played, seeing as that NEVER happens

Guess it's just shows my lack of originality in nickname-choosing !
Old 04-01-2008, 02:32 AM   #43

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I'm 24, from Italy...

My first game was, back in 1994, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers

Ah, such, such were the joys...
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 04-01-2008, 04:03 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
This was uncalled for. No one is forcing you to read the thread if you don't like it, but you won't tell people to cut the crap when they are posting sincerely.
i was intrested into reading this topic its not that i didn't like it but 72years old and 68 come on.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:06 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merricat View Post
So many replies leap to mind, but what a waste of grammar that would be.
as for you smartass there are some people that doesn't know your language very good smarty.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:12 AM   #46
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoflight7 View Post
i was intrested into reading this topic its not that i didn't like it but 72years old and 68 come on.
Hey, i think it's possible for people of that age to play video games. I mean, there are still people who are in there 50s-60s who still go to metal festivals. What's wrong with people who are 68-72 years old playing adventure games (or any games for that matter)? It's very rare for people of that age to play video games and that's pretty cool lol. It would kick ass if my grandma played video games hah hah.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-01-2008, 05:28 AM   #47
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Hehehehe...
Why don't you go pay a visit to another adventure forum, called Gameboomers and ask the posters there how old they are? Brace yourself, cause I bet you're too young to know what a babyboomer is.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:57 AM   #48
Super Moderator

Quote:
as for you smartass there are some people that doesn't know your language very good smarty.
Quit the namecalling.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:05 AM   #49

I'm 37. First adventure game The Hobbit on the Commodore 64. Then Zork and other infocom games.
stopped for ages then played Myst and Riven. Then stopped for ages. now longest journey and syberia. LOVE IT!!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:07 AM   #50
Backsliding Pagan

Well, smartass is my middle name. Some of us codgers are just like that.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:15 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milad241 View Post
I am 22 and living in Iran.i only know 3 or 4 people familiar with adventure games and they all age more than 20!

woow
I am 19 and i live in iran too !! . I have never seen an adveture gamer in iran before .
Old 04-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #52
tsa
Playing character

I'm 39, and I've been playing adventure games since 1984 or so. All that time I have had to explain to people what adventure games were, and got the typical responses like: "So you don't have to shoot anything?" I've met maybe five people who like adventure games personally. We're a niche market, and that will always be so.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #53
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by patterntangle View Post
I'm 37. First adventure game The Hobbit on the Commodore 64. Then Zork and other infocom games.
stopped for ages then played Myst and Riven. Then stopped for ages. now longest journey and syberia. LOVE IT!!!!
Wow you're about my age. We're the ancient ones! I never stopped playing, however. Always liked them
Old 04-01-2008, 05:47 PM   #54
Treasure Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
It would kick ass if my grandma played video games hah hah.
Mine does, when I can get her too. (I was surprised when she liked Uru.) She's older than the "ridiculous" age of 72. Come on, the old statement "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" isn't true. It differs from person to person.

When I reach my old ages, I'm going to still be playing adventure games. Even if I have to snap at an annoying nurse to hurry up and read the stupid descriptions so that I can figure out what to do. (That would be an interesting situation... idea! Muhahaha...)

Playing: ...
Next up: Syberia 2, Full Throttle, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Old 04-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #55

I'm 28 this year.. And adventure game is not popular in my country.. Singapore.. Have play this since 13 years old when my first pc come on 1994. My first game is Indiana Jones and Fate of Atlantis.. and since that, have love Adventure game till now..
Old 04-02-2008, 04:25 AM   #56
UnseenUniversity Graduate

My Dad is nearly in his 60's and plays adventure games. It's cool because I can borrow his games for free ;o) Hey, it was Dad who showed me how to play adventure games when I was young....he still reminds me and my brother of the time he worked out how to get the guy out of jail in MI after we'd given up weeks before!
Old 04-02-2008, 04:44 AM   #57
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeJackrabbit View Post
Mine does, when I can get her too. (I was surprised when she liked Uru.) She's older than the "ridiculous" age of 72.
Nice. My family are boring and would never play video games (apart from my sister but nothing beyond 'different'). They're too afraid to try anything different, or they just don't 'get' them or see the point in them. I think they (my mum and dad) don't like the idea of getting hooked and spending hours on them. Any 'weird' games i play (like Portal recently) and the likes of my sister says things like: 'i don't like that game it's weird'. Not that she's ever played it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeJackrabbit View Post
When I reach my old ages, I'm going to still be playing adventure games. Even if I have to snap at an annoying nurse to hurry up and read the stupid descriptions so that I can figure out what to do. (That would be an interesting situation... idea! Muhahaha...)
Damn right. The same thing applies to me liking rock or metal music. I'm gonna keep listening to 'em (and playing video games) even when i'm an old codger. My dad used to like the same music, but said to me and my sister that when you reach a certain age you 'grow out of it'. That's not strictly true, i mean, if you're that compasionate about something, like music, art, video games etc. then you'll always love them. That's been proven here already and like i mentioned above about 50-60 year olds still going to metal festivals.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-02-2008, 05:07 AM   #58
Fulci lives

32 years old and I've been playing adventure games since 1989 when I discovered Zak McKracken. I've been hooked ever since.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:41 AM   #59
Easily amused

Quote:
I'm gonna keep listening to 'em (and playing video games) even when i'm an old codger. My dad used to like the same music, but said to me and my sister that when you reach a certain age you 'grow out of it'.
Apologies for going OT.
Didn't happen to me. I've always like alternative rock and listen to a radio station that constantly plays new music ( http://www.edge.ca/ ). Current favorites:
Raconteurs - Salute your Solution
Queens of the Stone Age - make it wit chu
Serj Tankian - Empty Walls
Old 04-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #60

I'm 19. In the early-mid 90's my family bought a Packard Bell Legend 760 Supreme. (just went into the basement to check actually) The computer came with several games, our favorite was King's Quest 5. So I pretty much grew up playing adventure games.
As a young boy, when you get splashed by a mud puddle on the way to school, you wonder if you should go home and change, but be late for school, or go to school the way you are; dirty and soaking wet. Well, while he tried to decide, I drove by and splashed him again.
- Jack Handey