Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Monkey Island 5 (adventure game recommendations wanted) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/22232-monkey-island-5-adventure-game-recommendations-wanted.html)

grommit 03-26-2008 03:15 PM

Monkey Island 5 (adventure game recommendations wanted)

Good day fellow adventurers, knew that title would grab your attention. What an adventure game the monkey island set was. Sadly no fifth installment. The first adventure games i played were toonstruck & Discworld II. Had a go at grim fandango but didnt like it. What i am looking for is an adventure game with the graphical content of the Monkey island type. Especially Monkey Island 3. Does anyone have any suggestions? What are you all waiting on as a new release?
thanks in advance for any suggestions.

TiAgUh 03-26-2008 03:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Welcome grommit

Quote:

Originally Posted by grommit (Post 463757)
What i am looking for is an adventure game with the graphical content of the Monkey island type. Especially Monkey Island 3

hum ... maybe Runaway: A Road Adventure (?)
Attachment 1497Attachment 1498

Review

Trailer (few spoilers, just watch a few seconds)

EDIT :
Quote:

What are you all waiting on as a new release?

Oh.. Im thinking of buying Sinking Island but i guess that doesnt counts since its already out (here),
so .. maybe .. I dunno, none :P

misslilo 03-26-2008 03:55 PM

Or maybe Jack Keane
http://www.gamersgate.com/product.vi...sku=DD-JK&id=2

Udvarnoky 03-26-2008 03:56 PM

grommit, there is an adventure game coming out in the next few months called A Vampyre Story that is very similar in both art style and interface to Monkey Island 3, and is in fact being helmed by that game's lead artist. Click here for some screenshots.

TiAgUh 03-26-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Udvarnoky (Post 463763)
Click here for some screenshots.

.. and here for the trailer :)

grommit 03-26-2008 04:56 PM

thanks fellow adventure magnets, im writing these suggestions down, vampyre story and runaway look great. keep em coming. oh and another thing...cool forum.

TiAgUh 03-26-2008 05:18 PM

Ever tried Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars?

Its a classic, review and trailer :)

grommit 03-26-2008 05:33 PM

Yes i've played this game. I still have broken sword 1 & 2. Great game and certainly brushes the cobwebs off the grey matter.

grommit 03-26-2008 07:10 PM

Anyone interested in the whispered world? Your thoughts please. This looks like a winner when it is released. I may buy this.

Kazmajik 03-26-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Great game and certainly brushes the cobwebs off the grey matter.
Now if only we can brush the cobwebs off of Gray Matter...

TangentBlack 03-27-2008 06:13 PM

The Whispered Wor(l)d demo was an all-too-short treat. I am dying for the full game.

aries323 03-28-2008 10:49 AM

Don't forget the second Runaway - Dream of the turtle --

The Legend of Kyrandia games (if you can find them) should also be of interst to you - maybe --

AndreaDraco83 04-01-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grommit (Post 463772)
Yes i've played this game. I still have broken sword 1 & 2. Great game and certainly brushes the cobwebs off the grey matter.

Have you said GRAY MATTER? WHAT!? IT'S OUT!?

Oh no, it's nothing more than a figure of speech, and in a thread dedicated to LucasArts - yew! yew! yew!

:D :D :D :D

Nelza 04-03-2008 05:14 AM

Also if you haven't already, you should play the other Lucasarts Adventures such as 'Day of the Tentacle', 'Sam and Max: Hit the Road', and 'Full Throttle'. :)

Kazmajik 04-03-2008 05:55 AM

Jack Keane looks very monkey-islandish, so I'm waiting for that. Also So Blonde is definitely on my list.

pj23h 04-03-2008 07:17 AM

Hello everyone! Very nice to meet fellow adventure gamers, and to be a part of this community. Some great titles listed here. Hopefully Monkey Island 5 will be announced one of these days. :) Grommit, I had a lot of fun with Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, way back in the early 1990s I think. Have you tried the recent Sam and Max episodic games? They're really impressive, and retain the classic sense of humour needed in these types of games (well most of them). Looks like a good time to be a fan of the genre. Lots of great games to come in the months ahead!

Best wishes to you all.

grommit 04-12-2008 05:16 AM

Taking into account some of the replies, and thanks everyone, i have just started to play Runaway 2. Im hooked already. Monkey Islandish, this game surely is. Well here goes, lots of long nights and strong coffee....lol

ssa 04-12-2008 01:08 PM

Can't believe so many games mentioned and not a whisper of Gabriel Knight. Shocking!!!
Since you don't mind old games, that's definetly something to keep you going till Gray Matter comes.

TiAgUh 04-13-2008 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssa (Post 465657)
Can't believe so many games mentioned and not a whisper of Gabriel Knight. Shocking!!!

Well he said ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by grommit (Post 465657)
What i am looking for is an adventure game with the graphical content of the Monkey island type. Especially Monkey Island 3.

:)

Avasi 04-18-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Good day fellow adventurers, knew that title would grab your attention.

Darn! You got me :p lol
Quote:

What an adventure game the monkey island set was.

Was and still is. (1, 2 and 3 especially IMO)
Quote:

Sadly no fifth installment.

Not yet. ;)

Quote:

What i am looking for is an adventure game with the graphical content of the Monkey island type. Especially Monkey Island 3. Does anyone have any suggestions? What are you all waiting on as a new release?
thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I am actually looking forward to "A Vampyre Story," (as Udvarnoky has already mentioned) and "So Blonde." I do not know how the story, the characters etc. will be. But I am quite fond of the art-direction; needless to say, they greatly remind me of MI3; especially “A Vampyre Story.”
I do hope that both of them will turn out great and that I will enjoy them once I get a chance to play them; but for now, I can only wait and see.

As for other game suggestions that are out right now: I guess I would have mentioned “Runaway” as well, even though I was never able to get into the Series; I might have to give it another try someday.