You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Diamonds in the Rough has been released

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #1
Maker of Other Worlds

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
Default Diamonds in the Rough has been released

I wanted to edit the previous thread but I couldn't see an EDIT button so I made a new one, I hope that's OK.

I just wanted to inform you that the game was released today, and that you can order it from our web page.

For those of you who wanted to read some reviews, there's already one on line but since it's from a "competition" web site I don't know whether I'm allowed to post the link. Adventure Gamers will receive a review copy soon.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:48 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I read the review on the other website ( ), and I must say that I'm impressed: the reviewer gave an enthusiastic portrait of the game. Although, I'm still looking forward for a review here on AGs, for some reasons that I'll keep secret

I've a question: in European countries, like my dear Italy , it's possible to buy the game paying by mark when the product is shipped, or also in Europe it's only possible to pay via credit card/paypal?
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-17-2008, 06:55 AM   #3
Maker of Other Worlds

I'm afraid a credit card is the only option if you want to buy DITR outside Greece.

By all means wait for an AG review. I know I can't please everyone (who can?) but I have full confidence in the game's quality, and in AG reviewers of course.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:14 AM   #4

He he, isn't it a breach of article 23 of the EU Treaty on the free movement of goods, one of the cornerstones of the EU internal market, or even perhaps article 12 on non-discrimination to charge for shipping costs for EU cirtizens and not for others?

Guess I'll put my intimidation over this aside and order the game anyway...

But kidding aside and out of curiousity, what's the basis for this decision? Surely it must be less, not more, expensive to ship withing the EU?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 AM   #5
Caffein Queen

How nice, I've been waiting for the game to be released.

Just a few things about the page with our address etc.

- It asks for a zip code with 5 or more numbers - you need to lower it to 4, since here in denmark we only use 4

- Where it says State/province you should make it so people with NO such thing, don't have to add anything.
As it is now we have to type something at least 2 characters long and it will show before the country.

Looks silly to have an address saying something like:
Streetname 45,
City, 08800 (no need for the 0 in front)
none (no need for this), Country

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter

Last edited by misslilo; 03-17-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:02 AM   #6
Maker of Other Worlds

I appreciate the feedback misslilo, I'll see what my web master can do about it.

Regarding the free shipping outside the EU, this seems to have provoked an outrage from my fellow Europeans! I had no idea people would take it the wrong way. Allow me to copy & paste from what I wrote in other forums:

It's kind of complicated to explain, it took me months to understand it myself, not to mention gather all the paperwork. I wanted to offer free shipping to everyone but it just wasn't possible for logistics-tax reasons. Please don't think of it as a "punishment" to Europeans, it's more like a "gift" to the rest of the world.

The easiest thing for me to do would be to ask for everyone to pay for the shipping costs. But that would make my game too expensive in USA, Canada, Australia etc. I managed to make this offer thanks to an accounting trick and favorable exportation laws in my country. And still, a large percentage of the shipping costs will come out of my own pocket (NOT that easy when you're a new company).

Isn't it true that sometimes you pay something like £15 to buy a game in the UK, while at the same time it is sold in the states for $20 because of different publishers? For instance, I paid 25 Euros to buy Scratches in Greece while it was going for $19.90 in America. That is much more unfair and the financial difference is much bigger than the €2.44 I'm asking for. Do people complain to your local distributors for the overpriced games? No, because most of the times they don't know what is going on in other countries.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #7

I hope that I'm not doijng anything 'bad', but it saves so much time & energy to copy what I've already written elsewhere (and previously here of course) :-

I'm certain that nobody on this site will need it (hehehe), but just in case somebody does, I reiterate... there is a very detailed walkthrough H E R E !
Old 03-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #8

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I don't know if it's only a problem of mine, but I checked out the link out of curiosity and it didn't work
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #9

Just worked for me. PC and firefox... I had to download the file (htm) and open it with firefox.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #10

Quote:
I don't know if it's only a problem of mine, but I checked out the link out of curiosity and it didn't work
Which link ? To read about the game and maybe order it? Or to read &/or download the walkthrough?
Both are working 100% ?!?!?!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #11

I think the problem Andrea was talking about is caused by you creating the walkthrough as an .htm file in word. Microsoft likes to make things exclude all browsers other than IE with non-standard formatting, so Firefox doesn't recognize it as a webpage and instead asks you to download the .htm file and then open it with Firefox which works fine. Opening it with IE works as usual though.

Congrats Alkis, I've ordered my copy!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkis21 View Post
Regarding the free shipping outside the EU, this seems to have provoked an outrage from my fellow Europeans! I had no idea people would take it the wrong way.
No outrage from my side, just curiousity and a (bad) joke. Thanks for clearing this up. The shipping cost is indeed low and I will of course order the game. Good luck with this!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:31 AM   #13

~~ The Twelve ~~...
Very many thanks for your explanation. I'm not much good at software applications etc.
I did indeed write the whole walkthrough in Word/.doc and simply saved it via Windows into .html.